I am moving computers from Win 7 to 10. I installed the latest version of Link but there is no device manager software like there was on Win 7, just Link. When I connect my Z10 it asks for the password, but then does nothing. The phone doesn't show up as USB drives in Explorer and I Link says not connected.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
    02-15-17 03:10 PM
    I am moving computers from Win 7 to 10. I installed the latest version of Link but there is no device manager software like there was on Win 7, just Link. When I connect my Z10 it asks for the password, but then does nothing. The phone doesn't show up as USB drives in Explorer and I Link says not connected.

Thanks
    Its windows 10, Blackberry never submitted new drivers and windows does not like link, even running in compatibility mode its dead.
    02-15-17 03:25 PM
    This worked for me.

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...3130175#M10560

Didn't work for everyone.
    02-15-17 04:52 PM
    I wanted to give an update. While I can get Link to see my Z10 and it does launch device manager, if you want to use Link to backup you files, it won't. For me, all I needed was device manager to allow me to get a USB connection to my computer so I could sync my contacts and calendar using CompanionLink. That works.
    02-17-17 08:26 PM
    I wanted to give an update. While I can get Link to see my Z10 and it does launch device manager, if you want to use Link to backup you files, it won't. For me, all I needed was device manager to allow me to get a USB connection to my computer so I could sync my contacts and calendar using CompanionLink. That works.
    10.3.3 doesn't work well with Link either, since restoring is broken from what I've heard.
    02-17-17 08:28 PM
    10.3.3 doesn't work well with Link either, since restoring is broken from what I've heard.
    And I am angering the BB10 gods by using Windows 10 and 10.3.3...
    02-17-17 08:37 PM
    Hahaha BlackBerry Link? That piece of dung software was buggy from the start and has never gotten better! What a waste of time.
    02-17-17 09:04 PM
    Hahaha BlackBerry Link? That piece of dung software was buggy from the start and has never gotten better! What a waste of time.
    Did exactly what it was supposed to do on Windows 7...BB must be taking lessons from HP. OS upgrade? Just buy new hardware, we aren't interested in fixing software...
    02-17-17 09:19 PM

Thanks
    One of the other interesting things with link I have also found is some apps can stop it. I have a radio app iHeartRadio. When installed it will not back up, uninstall and it works fine.
    02-18-17 07:01 PM

Thanks
    One of the other interesting things with link I have also found is some apps can stop it. I have a radio app iHeartRadio. When installed it will not back up, uninstall and it works fine.
    02-18-17 07:02 PM