I had a Z30 and had the black screen of death, so I backed everything up via link and just replaced it with the new passport! However in Link it doesn't recognize the phone. The phone is there showing in Link as have to put in my password (sometimes) but is greyed out. I can't switch devices. I tried to uninstall link but it says I have to shut down blend in order to uninstall. Blend is shut down and even tried to uninstall it but keeps coming up with an error saying to shut down blend, otherwise I can't uninstall. Please help! Can't access blend, or Link now to back up phone or get any pictures or media off of it.
    03-24-15 06:18 AM
    OK first off, you can get your pics and videos off your phone anytime you want by dragging them off your SD card and dropping them onto your desktop.

Delete link and blend and the drivers for your phone. use ccleaner on your PC. reboot.
    Then try reinstalling the programs.

Link has not worked well for a number of people...you could also search those threads and see what solutions people have found that work.
    03-24-15 07:48 AM