10-27-17 10:24 AM
27 12
tools
    I have been using Blackberry link for a while now with my Q10 to transfer files from my device to my computer and the other way round. I have just tried today and it won't work!

I plug my phone into the laptop via USB, my device screen says ' device connected to computer ', but when Blackberry link opens it says my device is not connected.

Please help!
    10-12-15 12:58 PM
    Have you rebooted both devices?

Have you checked for updates to LINK?

Have you made any hardware changes - new printer or other new devices?

Installed any new updates?
    10-12-15 02:17 PM
    Having the same problem. I connect my Classic running all latest carrier updates on the phone and updated Link software on the MacBook, and I just get 'Can't Communicate with Device'. Plug, unplug, start, restart, boot, re-boot. Nothing works. Under 'Devices' it shows the phone and under the phone name, 'Connected' with a yellow dot on the left by the word 'Connected' and a big yellow upside down triangle with a big black exclamation point in it. Anyone know how to make this work?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 08:58 AM
    Same problem now. Grrrrrrr

I have been having problems with the new update to my OS which phone lags, blue screen, slow browser, won't save my dictionary as I type....(yes I have formatted my BlackBerry )

I'm on Verizon and haven't backed up my phone for a few weeks so I decided I will restore my device cause it runs like crap. It connected to Link with no problem and then showed an update for Link and I updated.

Now neither my z30 or my Z10 will connect to Link. Just sits.

Help anyone

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Why won't Blackberry link connect to my device via USB?-img_20151024_093321.jpg  
    Last edited by baspeed; 10-24-15 at 10:15 AM.
    10-24-15 09:33 AM
    I had the same problem. All my devices suddenly didn't connect anymore. I had to:

a) Uninstall Blend and Link via the official way
    b) clean the /library/applicationsupport folder under mac (and) OR the registry entries under windows everything even the drivers have to be gone
    c) restart the computer
    d) freshly install blend and link
    Last edited by Vampiro; 10-24-15 at 10:21 AM.
    10-24-15 09:36 AM
    I'm gonna try and wait it out before I go through all that. Someone may find a fix. Is this bug listed in BlackBerry support Forum?

Wondering if it's possible to just uninstall and reinstall Link and have it work?

I had the same problem. All my devices suddenly didn't connect anymore. I had to:

b) clean the /library/applicationsupport folder under mac and the registry entries under windows everything even the drivers have to be gone
    c) restart the computer

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 10:10 AM
    Anyone fix this yet without going into Windows registry? Anyone just uninstalled Link and re installed to see if it's a fix? I'm using two different phones and neither one connects after Link update. I removed my z10 plugged it back in Link sees nothing. Z30 same Link does not respond.

This is foolishness BlackBerry. I don't mean to sound like a here but w t f

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 10:54 AM
    Anyone fix this yet without going into Windows registry? Anyone just uninstalled Link and re installed to see if it's a fix? I'm using two different phones and neither one connects after Link update. I removed my z10 plugged it back in Link sees nothing. Z30 same Link does not respond.

This is foolishness BlackBerry. I don't mean to sound like a here but w t f

Posted via CB10
    It's really not hard to clean it, just search for BlackBerry in the Explorer and remove everything, you can leave your backup folder where it is. It will be recognized later again.
    baspeed likes this.
    10-25-15 08:29 PM
    I think if I recall that I had the same problem, and I looked for the info through Google, and found out that you could fix this issue by going into the properties of the BlackBerry File of the Device to fix it!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 01:28 AM
    I had this problem on my mac. I went back to Yosemite and seemingly fixed the issue. When I connected my phone via USB it asked me to install drivers from my phone onto my mac. Said yes. After that I disconnected my phone and restarted my mac. Signed into link again and reconnected my phone. The link asked for my phone password and it reconnected with the phone.

Not sure if this is a mac problem or a link problem. I do not use the mac for much so it was no big deal for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 01:53 AM
    I'm on Windows 7

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 07:02 AM

b) clean the /library/applicationsupport folder under mac (and) OR the registry entries under windows everything even the drivers have to be gone
    c) restart the computer
    Thank you for this!

It fixed my problem (MacBook running El Capitan with a new Passport SE).

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 02:23 PM
    To fix the issue on Windows 7 I just simply un-installed Link through Windows add and remove programs.

I downloaded latest Link version and installed and it worked.

No need to delete anything in your Windows registry. For me anyways.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 02:41 AM
    I'm having this issue now, haven't touch anything of my settings in my Yosemite OSX , the only thing I see is My machine Name with a grayed Disconnected below the machine name.

Uninstalled, clean the Application folder for blackberry debris, reboot, reinstalled again the Blend & Link but no signs of connection neither USB cable nor WiFi.

Something weird... I think Blackberry is doing some king of Planned obsolescence silently.
    06-03-17 09:12 PM

c) restart the computer
    What registry entries need to be removed?
    06-29-17 10:04 AM
    No fixes for this?

I'm having the issue where Link shows my Z30 as connected, but won't back up the device or sync any new content to it without throwing up a connection error.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled....
    07-01-17 03:51 PM
    Must be the news phone OS if nothing else changed
    07-01-17 04:46 PM
    News phone what?
    07-01-17 04:53 PM
    Wasn't there a phone update a month ago or so?
    07-01-17 05:15 PM
    Wasn't there a phone update a month ago or so?
    I've been hitting the "Not Now" button on 10.3.3 since the day it started nagging me.
    07-01-17 05:23 PM
    I've been hitting the "Not Now" button on 10.3.3 since the day it started nagging me.
    Ah, I just remembered some of the other threads and some saying after the update link no longer worked.
    07-02-17 08:51 AM
    My BB desk will not see my Passport for nothing and i will be dammed if i am going to go through hours of some maybe procedure to fix all the problems. OVER IT! This is why i am totally over Blackberry. Many thing are a problem i never had with my Samsung. And i cannot load many many apps with BB OS . And even delay send of email or text requires some app, really! and now i have a dozen pictures that show the thumbnail pic but cannot open and if i send the other party cannot open and my PC cannot open. This is unacceptable BS and im going back even though i have been with BB for many many years it is crap.
    09-02-17 09:35 PM
    BB is just not compatible with the world today !
    09-02-17 09:39 PM
    No fixes for this?

I'm having the issue where Link shows my Z30 as connected, but won't back up the device or sync any new content to it without throwing up a connection error.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled....
    I found a BlackBerry Knowledge Base article ID 000035666 - How to troubleshoot USB connectivity issues between BlackBerry Link and a BlackBerry device that helped. The device type was not correct for the BB driver. I had the Link behaviour where the BB is both connected and not connected. Driver update was successful, I got a 2016 version.
    10-11-17 11:29 AM
    I found a BlackBerry Knowledge Base article ID 000035666 - How to troubleshoot USB connectivity issues between BlackBerry Link and a BlackBerry device that helped. The device type was not correct for the BB driver. I had the Link behaviour where the BB is both connected and not connected. Driver update was successful, I got a 2016 version.
    Thanks! This fixed it for me on my Z30, Windows 10.....the pertinent step was DISABLING the USB Mass Storage:

-------------------------------------------------
    Ensure the USB Connection setting on the device is set to the applicable setting:
    Settings > Storage and Access > USB Connection
    Autodetect or Connect to Windows [Windows computer]
    Connect to Mac [Mac computer]
    ***Ensure USB Mass Storage Mode is disabled on the device****
    Ensure that Charge Only Mode is disabled on the device

--------------------------------------------------

As soon as I turned off Mass Storage, got all the connection pop ups happening on my PC...BBLink requested password then connected to the device and all is fine.
    Louis Santandrea likes this.
    10-24-17 04:25 PM
27 12