Greetings,

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the fact that you can't use your BlackBerry while it's backing up? I know it's a small thing (maybe) but say, like in my situation, I have 11 GB (more or less) of used memory, and I want to back up my BlackBerry, why on earth doesn't it allow me to use my phone while it's backing up? Shouldn't this particular thing be supported? Or maybe it is and I'm not familiar with it? o.O
    10-29-13 06:59 AM
    Maybe the processor doesn't support 2 memory intensive tasks such as that going on at the same time.
    TamamAlti likes this.
    10-29-13 07:03 AM
    Or maybe you could do other things while Link's backing up your device? Waiting for it to finish will only get you more annoyed.
    10-29-13 07:09 AM
    Obviously. But why do you have to wait for it to finish without using it is my question. Like on a iOS device, not so sure about Android or WP. Would be a great feature. I don't want to have to stop the phone from backing up at 50% because I have to make an urgent phone call, you know?
    Or maybe you could do other things while Link's backing up your device? Waiting for it to finish will only get you more annoyed.
    10-29-13 07:13 AM
    Greetings,

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the fact that you can't use your BlackBerry while it's backing up? I know it's a small thing (maybe) but say, like in my situation, I have 11 GB (more or less) of used memory, and I want to back up my BlackBerry, why on earth doesn't it allow me to use my phone while it's backing up? Shouldn't this particular thing be supported? Or maybe it is and I'm not familiar with it? o.O
    My guess would be that it doesn't allow you to use your phone while backing up as you could be potentially changing settings or content on the phone mid-backup which would alter whats needed in the content of the backup file. What happens if backup starts and then during the backup you add a bunch of pictures or delete a bunch of documents or something, maybe change settings on your phone. How does backup know what state you actually want backed up? Did you want the changes you made during the backup process backed up, or not?
    11-06-13 07:46 AM