You really have to hand it to Blackberry. Their incapacity to make backing up software that works shall go down in history.
    PeterFree likes this.
    10-15-16 10:16 AM
    Like Apple's iTunes, it wasn't the most intuitive piece of software, but it actually worked just fine until recently. Now though, having not been updated for more than a year it is either causing problems or not working at all for many people with Windows 10, Windows 7 and Mac Sierra.

That's just what happens when somethings (or some people) don't change while the rest of the world moves on.
    10-15-16 10:58 AM
    You really have to hand it to Blackberry. Their incapacity to make backing up software that works shall go down in history.
    Still works great for me. I've no problems either on my old Windows 7 laptop or my new Lenovo Carbon X1 running Windows 10 Pro. My old Playbook even connects well, along with my Passport and Z10.
    10-15-16 11:41 AM
    Link also works as it should for me (win7).

Maybe op refers to latest itunes update that is somehow incompatible with link?

BlackBerry put out a fix for that.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    10-15-16 01:40 PM
    Works well on both Windows platforms here...been up and running for a few years now...use it all the time on the road.

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    10-15-16 01:47 PM
    Update to my rant. It turns out after a lot of inspection that the usb port on the phone is a little dodgy. With a new cable and 'vibration dampers' I did have success backing up the phone with Link. So I take back what I said. But not to yield entirely, I will say that link is pretty delicate. Anything that might interrupt the computer stalls the backup process and locks the screen such that a force quit of Link and re-run is required. Day lost but but it did work.
    10-16-16 05:39 AM
    .... Anything that might interrupt the computer stalls the backup process and locks the screen such that a force quit of Link and re-run is required. ....
    That's normal behavior for a mechanical disconnection during a data transfer regardless of the device or software.
    10-16-16 10:14 AM
    Blackberry link is not supported on Windows 10, the OS update will not load on Q5. Blackberry own app for Facebook. does not work. After years as a Blackberry fan this Christmas I will have to get something else, however reluctantly as Blackberry is no longer supporting the platform. It is just so sad!
    11-12-16 05:30 AM