I've downloaded the latest blackberry 10 desktop software on my PC but when i try to open it it won't start, i tried running it as admin. but still nothing.
    and i can't find a way to install it from the phone(even though it would be an older v.)
    07-04-16 12:06 PM
    What's your PC configuration? and you're using these BB Link installers?
    07-04-16 01:25 PM
    i'm running win10, intel i7, radeon 2GB, 8 ram. and yes the blackberry 10 desktop software from the link
    07-04-16 03:40 PM
    You may have already done so but I would make certain your Windows 10 has all it's updates and an active internet connection. I believe the screen resolution has to be 1024x768 or greater as well so I would check that too. If all good, uninstall the current BB Link software and reboot the PC. Reinstall all the BB Link software and drivers and try again.
    07-04-16 03:59 PM
    yes i have all that right. and i've tried that but it didn't work. i did reinstall a new win but still nothing. the setup wont start
    07-04-16 04:19 PM
    That's odd. What do you mean the setup won't start? What happens when you connect your device to the PC by the USB cable?
    07-04-16 05:13 PM
    i double click it and nothing happens (run as admin as well).
    it used to give me the the "install driver" message but not it just charge only (PS: i've the charge only option turned off in setting)
    07-04-16 05:17 PM
    When you installed it, did you install for a specific user or for everyone (if you have multiple profiles)? I'm running out of ideas lol Try turning off any antivirus software and check your firewall settings - maybe one of those is blocking it.
    07-04-16 06:19 PM
    well i have one user, and thank you for pulling with me so far, and wouldn't the (run as administrator ) override the antivirus / firewall, but i will try it any way.
    I've been googling this problem for a long time now and can't find a solution. and i think i'm giving up
    all i want to know know is if there is a way to trigger the installation from the phone again??
    and thank you very much
    07-05-16 07:45 AM
    WAY out question - is your Hard drive encrypted using BitLocker? We have run into issues installing certain applications (especially those requiring Framework .Net 3.5, even though 4.5 is already installed) and all point are leaning to BitLocker preventing the install..
    07-05-16 07:56 AM
    I had a similar issue on two computers (one Windows 7 Pro and one Windows 8 Pro) that ended up being Kaspersky Internet Security not playing nice with BlackBerry software. I tried everything, including pausing antivirus protection, adjusting firewall settings, etc., but the only thing that worked for me was to: 1. Uninstall BlackBerry Link/Blend. 2. Uninstall Kaspersky software. 3. Install BlackBerry Link/Blend. Install Microsoft Security Essentials or Norton Internet Security (neither of these caused a problem). Don't know what security software you have installed on your computer but it may be causing the same issue Kaspersky was creating for me.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    07-05-16 08:08 AM
    well i have one user, and thank you for pulling with me so far, and wouldn't the (run as administrator ) override the antivirus / firewall, but i will try it any way.
    I've been googling this problem for a long time now and can't find a solution. and i think i'm giving up
    all i want to know know is if there is a way to trigger the installation from the phone again??
    and thank you very much
    07-05-16 11:24 AM
    WAY out question - is your Hard drive encrypted using BitLocker? We have run into issues installing certain applications (especially those requiring Framework .Net 3.5, even though 4.5 is already installed) and all point are leaning to BitLocker preventing the install..
    well i just checked and no bitlocker is turned off
    07-05-16 03:20 PM
    I had a similar issue on two computers (one Windows 7 Pro and one Windows 8 Pro) that ended up being Kaspersky Internet Security not playing nice with BlackBerry software. I tried everything, including pausing antivirus protection, adjusting firewall settings, etc., but the only thing that worked for me was to: 1. Uninstall BlackBerry Link/Blend. 2. Uninstall Kaspersky software. 3. Install BlackBerry Link/Blend. Install Microsoft Security Essentials or Norton Internet Security (neither of these caused a problem). Don't know what security software you have installed on your computer but it may be causing the same issue Kaspersky was creating for me.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    i haven't installed BB link/blend on this win yet and i'm using Windows Defender.
    i tired turning off Windows Defender and firewall, didn't work as well
    07-05-16 03:24 PM