I am begging and pleading that someone who has contact with the people who make decisions regarding what link uses to sync my music will hear my plea: I don't use i-anything much less itunes, I uninstalled windows media player for my own (very good) reasons, so why oh why, can't link say use, winamp or media monkey or one of the gazillion other less annoying music/audio filing/syncing pieces of software available?

I refuse to load iapple software on my beloved pc for the same reason I uninstalled windows media player: they take over the damm machine like they own it and replicate files like a vd on steroids. Uninstalling usually requires combing thru the reg files with a fine tooth comb and deleting services that continue to run after the program has gone like a ghost in the machine.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you are dating a girl who knows a guy who lives next to a person who walks passed a guy who delivers sandwiches to the developers of link pass on this post so that this travesty can finally be put to rest....that is all.
    11-20-13 11:52 AM
    You can copy music files to your BB individually from any source on your PC.
    11-20-13 02:09 PM
    Sorry I wasn't clear, I know I can copy files individually but I want a way to synch my music without using itunes or wmp.

Knowledge is power... Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 03:23 PM
    You can sync media folders on the new version on BlackBerry Link (1.2.1.x)

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 12:42 PM
    You can sync media folders on the new version on BlackBerry Link (1.2.1.x)

Posted via CB10
    Yes but only with itunes or wmp.

Starting to feel I am the only person who DOESN'T use either of these programs for their music.

Look I use Media Monkey to organize my music and I want to choose IT to sync my music why am I forced to use ONLY those TWO programs? I can drag and drop individual files, fine but I have upwards of 16G of music!!!

saxxman likes this.
    11-27-13 02:30 AM
    Yes but only with itunes or wmp.

Starting to feel I am the only person who DOESN'T use either of these programs for their music.

Look I use Media Monkey to organize my music and I want to choose IT to sync my music why am I forced to use ONLY those TWO programs? I can drag and drop individual files, fine but I have upwards of 16G of music!!!

While it would be nice to add MediaMonkey sync to BB Link (I'd like to see BB add sync to Thunderbird besides just Outlook) but with BB's trying to salvage itself, I wouldn't count on either anytime soon.
    12-01-13 10:10 PM
    While it would be nice to add MediaMonkey sync to BB Link (I'd like to see BB add sync to Thunderbird besides just Outlook) but with BB's trying to salvage itself, I wouldn't count on either anytime soon.
    Thanx I just like that I'm not alone in thinking there is more out there then itunes and wmp.

I don't pray at the alter to apple or windows media

12-02-13 07:28 PM
    I'm surely struggling with the iTunes sync with my BB Link. Music files won't load, and i've gotten like 10% of my music files to load under the computer tab but dont think they are from iTunes, not sure where link is reading them from. I'd just like it if it would sync to many options, like if i could just sync my music folding on windows 7, manually select the folder. Surely hope the next version of link has some big new upgrades.
    12-11-13 02:31 AM
    Definitely not alone. Would be nice to at least be able to sync with a particular folder of choice.
    12-23-13 06:39 PM
    Yup u ain't alone for sure! this is dumb as fook tbh being stuck with 2 ******** media players and can't use winamp or any other one. let's see wot 2014 brings us
    02-21-14 02:14 PM
    I have Version 1.2.0 (Build 17) of BlackBerry Link, which is one of the newer versions, and it is still pathetic. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out which database it is synching to, since it definitely does not match my iTunes Library or any manual music folders I have created. It doesn't even allow me to delete any music. Totally worthless. I just don't understand how something so simple has been made so complicated!

Posted via Z10
    02-26-14 05:16 AM
    what about an SD card. Put the music on a media card as mp4 from your computer drive and then put the media card in your phone.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-26-14 05:38 AM
    I don't use BlackBerry Link for music because I had an experience on it messing with album art. It was a long time ago and many versions of Link was release but I'm afraid it would mess up everything again. I just drag and drop the files from my PC to Z10's SD. I'm using iTunes only to sync with my iPod, and I use foobar2000 when listening.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    02-26-14 07:27 AM
    Same here, it's just a pain at times to back up my music.

02-26-14 11:33 AM
    Did you ever get a fix for this? I need to tell Link to use my iTunes library which is stored on a different hard drive. Isn't there at least some sort of XMK or plist or ini file where one could change the source library path?
    06-24-16 08:59 PM