Thousands of people (and I'm among them) cant use BlackBerry Link yet. Tried all the ways possible, even on Win XP. But it dont work at all!

Any of those in the know, know anything about a new version of BB Link?
    03-26-13 01:32 PM
    Thousands of people (and I'm among them) cant use BlackBerry Link yet.
    Meaning what, exactly? Can't use it in what way?
    03-26-13 01:59 PM
    Once plugged in, both my pc and BB Link "see" the Z10. But unfortunately Link says that it cannot connect to the device (or something like that) and suggests to restore the OS. But even if I try this solution, the OS doesn't get restored.
    03-26-13 02:10 PM
    Maybe you can make some Screenshots and Post them here and some Infos about your Z10+OS Version and Your PC OS will help other to help you?
    03-26-13 02:15 PM
    My OS is I'm on Vodafone Italy. My pc runs Windows 7 Premium Edition 64 bit.

You have to wait about 2 hours and half for the screenshots as I'm still at work.
    03-26-13 02:21 PM
    Okay don't worry Take your Time
    But for now i can tell you that i have the same setup like you! And every thing is working perfekt here. So there is hope.
    Do you have the old Desktop Manager on your PC ?
    03-26-13 02:26 PM
    Meaning what, exactly? Can't use it in what way?
    BB Link is slow on all of my desktops. One thing I think it failed to do, when I moved my 9900 to my Z10 is that it didn't move my custom word substitutions over.
    03-26-13 02:33 PM
    Do you have the old Desktop Manager on your PC ?
    I used to have it but I removed it. And I also tried unistalling Link and then loading it again. But I guess I have no chances at the moment. Looks like many other italians are getting the same issue and we dont know what to do.
    03-26-13 02:43 PM
    Here's what I get:

When's a new version of BB Link coming?-senza-titolo-1.jpg

Translation (more or less):

"Not connected to BLACKBERRY-2B2F

To see contents libraries on the device, connect the device to your pc using a USB cable or thru the computer Wi-Fi network.

Reload device software

If the device doesnt respond or does not work as expected, click on Reload to restore your BlackBerry 10 original settings.
    Connect your device to you pc using a USB cable and then click on Restore to continue.

That's all. This is what I'm getting since I got my beloved Z10 anytime I try to use BB Link. And I guess this is what other thousands people get whenever the open BB Link.
    03-26-13 08:24 PM
    Okay i will post some screenshots later so we can compare our settings etc. Can you do 2 Things so we can make shure we are running the Same Base ? Uninstall link from your PC and Chose the Option complete and all User settings... Than reboot , After that Download the latest BB Desktop Manager install it reboot Open it up One Time, than uninstall complete with all User settings? Reboot and Run your cc cleaner ? I know it Sound stupid but. This is a good Way to Start.
    I Post you all of my settings After work..
    03-27-13 01:25 AM
    Do you use usb3?
    Firewall settings in your Router ?
    Check your BB-ID settings on the blackberry Website and on blackberry protect online to See if your device is found there. Can you use BBM on your Z10?
    03-27-13 01:38 AM
    Look at this link an other post here @cb..

03-27-13 12:02 PM
    Here's what I get:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Senza-titolo-1.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	144237
    I get this as well (in English) on my office Windows 7 machine. At home, on my personal Windows 7 machine, I don't see this error. The Z10 is detected by Link, but the options to backup and restore remain grayed out. So I have two different problems, but the result is that I can't use Link on either machine.

Whatever is causing this is probably the same as what's causing sideloading not to work on my device, using either DDPB or Chrome. But that's another thread, for another day.
    04-01-13 11:36 AM
    I can load Link on my Windows 7 - no prob.

But when I click on the Device Switch option it crashes about 1/3 of the way through.

I NEED to get all my passwords in Password Keeper from my OS6 device into my Z10.

WTF ???
    04-03-13 07:23 AM
    04-03-13 05:46 PM
    Same problem here in UK, i am on vodafone and using the bb link on a macbook pro, i uninstalled all old desktop software and re-installed the bb link over 5 times still the same problem... can't communicate with device!!! pls someone help!!
    04-03-13 06:04 PM
    Yep, so far BB Link is utterly useless for me, at two different computer installations, both running W7. The backup option is always grayed out, but somehow it nevertheless manages to "sync" a lot of rubbish to my phone, such as cached FaceBook avatars, icons, etc., which then show up in my "Pictures" folder. Then it tells me it wants to reset my phone to factory settings.
    04-04-13 09:27 AM
    BlackBerry Link suddenly began working Easter-day's night and it's now working fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:03 PM
    BB link some time work after a clean install, on win XP, but not for long!
    Eventually I can manage to connect the Z10 but next start of BB link it crashes with a win error report screen which want to be sent to MS trying to restart it again after that ending with the same crash.

After deinstallieren BB link need a fresh install, hab to do this a few times but feed up with it now.

Actually there is a small install error coming up shortly before the installation process is finished, get an error window popping up complaining that it cannot find a printer but carries on finishing the installation.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 03:21 PM
    I can sync pictures etc but backup only gets about 70% through and fails to complete.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 03:43 PM