Hey everyone,

I've been seeing a lot of unhappy people because of BlackBerry Link.

I thought I'd offer some tips that helped my issues. Hopefully they will help you, as well.

In no particular order.

On the phone:
    1. Settings - BlackBerry Link - Turn ON. Check to see if your computer is listed as paired. Turn on Use Mobile Network if you want to be able to see your computer files over the mobile network (not wifi). This will use your data though, so be careful.

2. Settings - Storage and Access - USB Connections - Change to Windows or Mac (Auto detect is also an option) .

3. Settings - Storage and Access - Mass Storage Off if you want to be able to access files on your media card on your computer. On for using your device as a USB drive.

4. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.

5. Make sure your BlackBerry ID is entered properly. Settings - BlackBerry ID. Sign in.

6. Restart your phone.

On your computer:

1. Uninstall Link, then download it from the BlackBerry website. Reinstall. This will make your computer reinstall the phone drivers when you next plug it into the computer.

2. Check your firewall to make sure BlackBerry Link is an Allowed programme.

3. Make sure you have the latest version of BlackBerry Link.

4. Update your phone OTA if possible.

5. Ensure you enter your device password (if you have one) on Link by clicking on your device at the bottom of the window. You should be prompted to enter it.

6. Make sure you are connected to the Internet

7. For Remote Access: Check your network and sharing settings (Control Panel on Windows). Check to see if you are sharing the proper folders. In BlackBerry Link, click on your computer at the bottom of the window, click on the gear icon at the top of the window. Scroll to Remote Access and choose which folders you wish to be able to access from your phone. To see these files from your phone, open the File Manager app. Tap on the three horizontal lines at the bottom left and choose your device.

8. Sign out of BlackBerry Link then sign back in with the correct BlackBerry ID.

9. Restart your computer.

Other tips:

1. Try plugging in without BlackBerry Link open. Or try opening BlackBerry Link first, then plug in.

2. Try a different USB cord or USB port.

3. For DLNA: Settings - Media Sharing - Check each as desired. Tap Devices and then check each device with which you wish to share your media. To use this feature, play a song, view a photo, or watch a video, then tap on the menu button (three vertical dots), tap Play On, then select the device on which you wish to play/show your media. The device must also be connected to the same wifi network as your phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit:

Direct from BlackBerry - Instructions on how to setup WiFi sync are:

- Connect both your BB10 device and your PC to the same WiFi network

- Ensure you login to your BlackBerry ID on your BlackBerry 10 device first, then login to BlackBerry Link

- After completing Link setup, you should then see your device show up automatically on the bottom tab

- Click on your device tab and select “Set up new device" and Link the device with your computer

A fellow member suggested the following for an inconsistent connection with Remote Access over Mobile Data:

Try turning on Airplane mode for a minute, then turn it off. Try to access your computer's files again.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I remember more, I'll add them.

Cheers and good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by scrapmetal58; 08-28-13 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Added tips
    08-24-13 05:26 PM
    Hey everyone,

I thought I'd offer some tips that helped my issues. Hopefully they will help you, as well.

In no particular order.

On the phone:
    1. Settings - BlackBerry Link - Turn ON. Check to see if your computer is listed as paired. Turn on Use Mobile Network if you want to be able to see your computer files over the mobile network (not wifi). This will use your data though, so be careful.

2. Settings - Storage and Access - USB Connections - Change to Windows or Mac (Auto detect is also an option) .

3. Settings - Storage and Access - Mass Storage Off if you want to be able to access files on your media card on your computer. On for using your device as a USB drive.

5. Make sure your BlackBerry ID is entered properly. Settings - BlackBerry ID. Sign in.

6. Restart your phone.

On your computer:

1. Uninstall Link, then download it from the BlackBerry website. Reinstall. This will make your computer reinstall the phone drivers when you next plug it into the computer.

5. Ensure you enter your device password (if you have one) on Link by clicking on your device at the bottom of the window. You should be prompted to enter it.

7. For Remote Access: Check your network and sharing settings (Control Panel on Windows). Check to see if you are sharing the proper folders. In BlackBerry Link, click on your computer at the bottom of the window, click on the gear icon at the top of the window. Scroll to Remote Access and choose which folders you wish to be able to access from your phone. To see these files from your phone, open the File Manager app. Tap on the three horizontal lines at the bottom left and choose your device.

8. Sign out of BlackBerry Link then sign back in with the correct BlackBerry ID.

Other tips:

1. Try plugging in without BlackBerry Link open. Or try opening BlackBerry Link first, then plug in.

3. For DLNA: Settings - Media Sharing - Check each as desired. Tap Devices and then check each device with which you wish to share your media. To use this feature, play a song, view a photo, or watch a video, then tap on the menu button (three vertical dots), tap Play On, then select the device on which you wish to play/show your media. The device must also be connected to the same wifi network as your phone.

Edit:

- Ensure you login to your BlackBerry ID on your BlackBerry 10 device first, then login to BlackBerry Link

- After completing Link setup, you should then see your device show up automatically on the bottom tab

- Click on your device tab and select “Set up new device" and Link the device with your computer

A fellow member suggested the following for an inconsistent connection with Remote Access over Mobile Data:

Try turning on Airplane mode for a minute, then turn it off. Try to access your computer's files again.

Cheers and good luck.

Posted via CB10

The OP has provided the solutions!
    Thanks for the suggestions! I might have to try some to get the POS to work for me
    08-25-13 11:14 PM
    Haha good luck!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 10:41 AM
    This is a great summary/recap.

My issue is, it IS configured appropriately, as it does tend to work..... USUALLY. One day, I can go to my device, go to file manager, click on the machine name, I get the spinning wheel, and, after a bit, it pops in as it should.

Later the same day, i do the same thing, get the spinning wheel, followed by a blank screen, as though it can't access my machine. Now, in these several hours, nothing has changed, other than the fact that i tried once, and then again later.

Sometimes, I'll leave the house, and the machine shows up as "off line" which I know it is not.

SOMETIMES, the following works:

when it doesn't connect, and I go into airplane mode for about a minute, turn radios back on, it'll work, but not always. On WiFi, at home, it is bullet proof, which is great, only there I am 15 feet away from the physical machine.

It does work, it's just wonky as heck. I wish there was a way ro make it more robust. AS I indicated, i know it's set up right, as it does work, there are just other flies in the ointment that cause issues. Could be the carrier, could be all sorts of other stuff. No telling.

However, your summary as great. Maybe the airplane mode trick warrants a mention in your list.... (?)
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    08-26-13 11:18 AM
    My problem is BlackBerry Link won't let me sign into my my BlackBerry id. I click on the sign in button and just nothing happens.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:07 AM
    Bumping up the thread.

I too have this problem. I can't sign in blackberry link anymore. The sign in window is stuck on page 2 of 2. It just says It is not possible to sign in, check your internet, etc. Can't go backward.

Any idea's?

I am running the latest version of blackberry link (1.2.1) on Mac 10.9.4
    09-16-14 06:50 AM
    Hey everyone,

In no particular order.

On the phone:

6. Restart your phone.

On your computer:

Other tips:

Edit:

Cheers and good luck.

Posted via CB10

The OP has provided the solutions!
    09-29-14 09:19 AM
    Great list. Thx for the share. I haven't had any issues but this seems like it would be helpful to some.
    09-29-14 09:36 AM
    Thanks, guys!
    02-13-15 04:35 AM