Hi all,

I had BBRY Link installed on my Win8.0 operated laptop. I then upgraded to Win8.1. All working fine.
    A few days ago, a new version of Link was ready and tried to install it after I downloaded it. (I have a Q10)

Everytime I try to install the app, it goes through almost 90% and then a black square pops up for 0.5s and the installation rolls back...

I completely cleaned the system of the previous version and even uninstalled the antivirus. I am highly annoyed and 2 steps away from switching to iPhone...

Please help. Thanks a lot,
    12-24-13 07:50 AM
    I have also had a lot of problems with bbry link, but all my problems were caused by Kaspersky Internet Security 2014.
    However, in the process of discovering the source of the error, i did try a lot of things.
    Try re-downloading the Link installer, the downloaded update could be the source.
    Try installing Link is US English with Canada as region.
    Try disabling the windows firewall.
    And if all else fails, register for BB Beta zone, sign up for the BB Link 10.2 program and put up a post in the Installation Error section.
    The admins are really helpful and prompt to reply.
    Best of luck.
    12-24-13 08:31 AM
    Thank you, what is BB Beta Zone?
    12-24-13 08:45 AM
    Thank you, what is BB Beta Zone?
    Heres the link for the website:
    https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...ct=index&item=

you will need to register your Blackberry ID, then enroll for the BB Link 1.2 program, and create a post under discussions.(put it in the correct sub-heading)

you can also check out the beta zone app for bb10 from blackberry world at the following link:
    BlackBerry Beta Zone - BlackBerry World

best of luck
    12-25-13 04:52 AM
    Don't do that^
    1.2 is already on every download. The beta group is just for surveys and bugs
    Right click on the installer and click run as admin. That should do the trick
    12-25-13 04:58 AM
    Already did the run as admin. Didn't do the trick.
    12-25-13 05:04 AM
    Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 05:06 AM
    I am extremely annoyed with this.. Still unable to install. It goes through 90%, then rolls back, with any error message.
    I'm gona keep looking for solutions for the next 2-3 days, then will just move to iPhone, even though I don't like touch screen phones.
    Thanks.
    12-30-13 10:10 AM
    If you haven't figured this out yet....
    It's a driver problem!
    Windows 7, 8, 8.1 will not install software with unsigned drivers.
    To get around that problem, go to this link and follow the instructions

How to turn off or disable driver signature enforcement on Windows 8 and 8.1 [Guide] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTech
    01-09-14 06:02 AM
    Thank you Lostboy - I happily thought this would fix it, but I tried and the exact same thing happens; action rolls back as we reach approx. 90% installation.
    I bought my first iPhone yesterday after 6+ years on BBRY.. I would still like to solve this issue so I can use my Q10 when I travel as a second phone.. Thanks again
    01-09-14 07:31 AM
    Thank you Lostboy - I happily thought this would fix it, but I tried and the exact same thing happens; action rolls back as we reach approx. 90% installation.
    I bought my first iPhone yesterday after 6+ years on BBRY.. I would still like to solve this issue so I can use my Q10 when I travel as a second phone.. Thanks again
    OK! I'm Stumped! Your PC doesn't happen to be a Dell by any chance?

Try installing in "Safe Mode." If that doesn't do it, do the Hooky Pooky, a Traditional Ran Dance and pray to the Sun Gods! We'll get into VooDoo next!

This is a long shot but.... try using a different cable.

I was having a modem problem some time ago. I'd be downloading some massive files and it would just cut out on me
    I switched out the modem 4 times but never though to switch the cable.
    ... and that turned out to be the problem all along!
    Sometimes it's the little things.....
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 01-10-14 at 10:06 AM.
    01-09-14 03:34 PM