I am attempting to transfer in music from an external hard drive (EHD) thru Link. Can this be done? I tried but link only recognizes what's on my C:/ and I cannot figure out a way to change the path to the EHD. Anyone? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 01:51 PM
    Windows or IOS?
    In Windows 7; I don't even use Link. In Windows Explorer, The phone and my 64g SD card each show up as drives. I formated the SD card with the phone and there are different folders created. All I have done is copy the music folders into the SD card music folder. Un-plug and the phone recognizes rather quickly!
    03-25-13 03:07 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I am using XP. I think I saw the sd card recognized separately from my phone by my computer. However, 2 things:
    1) do I have to format the card using my phone? It sounds like I do in order to get those folders you are talking about.
    2) so you are suggesting not to use link when syncing my music? Just do it manually? I just want to verify if that is the way to add music not recently added to my computer as I have little memory left and most is stored on my EHD.

Thanks. One more thing, if I use the external HD, then I can't sync over wi-fi correct?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 11:04 PM
    Why do you even need to bother to sync? I have never understood this concept. Perhaps managing contacts yes but music? Just a waste of time, a hold over from the ios itunes walled garden. Drag and drop and backup, works for me!!! Time to free your mind!!! The computer world has worked on mass drives, longer and simpler than the Apple way. Am I missing something cause I don't get sync for music.
    03-26-13 12:07 AM
    I am fine clicking and dragging and I love my phone. However, I find it to be a cool feature to sync and I was under the impression I would be able to do this with my music using Link, specifically my external hard drive. Too bad.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 12:21 AM
    I am synching music from external drive. I am using iTunes as my music manager, and have the library on NAS with Link on Windows 7. In Link, I have iTunes select as manager and Link is able to find all music that is in iTunes library. Obviously the PC needs to have the NAS share mapped as a drive.

Posted via CB10 / Verizon Z10
    04-14-13 09:25 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean by NAS, pardon my ignorance. I am also not using iTunes. If would be so kind as to walk me through how to attempt to do what you posted about, mapping a drive to Link, etc, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:44 PM
    I have a large I tunes library, and when I started Blackberry Link, it seemed to arbitrarily select music....have I missed something. Is there anywhere I can set the music I'd like synched? How can I delete the music that currently shows up in the library of Blackberry Link?
    Thanks!
    04-24-13 10:43 AM
    I have a large I tunes library, and when I started Blackberry Link, it seemed to arbitrarily select music....have I missed something. Is there anywhere I can set the music I'd like synched? How can I delete the music that currently shows up in the library of Blackberry Link?
    Thanks!
    I agree that drag and drop is the easiest way of transferring music. I don't have my Q10 yet but soon in US however even with the 7.1 9810 I have always used the drag and drop from the USB viewed smart card and my PC running W7. That said, one time I used iTunes which I hate (WP wouldn't work and created dups) to "Sync" my music over--bottom line, it was a huge waste of time as the process was so long and it wanted to move music art, etc in to the smartcard. I've done it once but never will again if given a choice as its much easier as stated by most above to simply open both drives and drag your folder of songs over. Just my 2 cents as they say! Q10 soon!
    PS: This posted under the wrong post above-sorry! to try and answer your questions, you can set /move your music into folders even if it's on iTunes. I have an external hard drive that I copied 7500 songs from and it was transfered from iTunes onto the external drive. I plugged it in to my PC and copied it over to a folder called -duh," Music" and then decided what I wanted to move to my phone--copied those songs into a "phone mix" folder and drug it into my smart card. Link or not you can do it that way.
    Lastly, delete the BB Library (probably on SD card under "music>music sync") from you smart card or internal drive and there won't be any music to back up to the library, then you can move the new stuff over.
    Last edited by go1ndr; 05-07-13 at 07:07 PM.
    05-07-13 06:01 PM