I'm using Link to sync media. In iTunes, I have built play lists. Then, from within Link I have selected these play lists for sync. All songs from thes play lists transferred to Z10 and play lists appear on Z10 - success. On Z10, I then added/removed songs to/from these play lists. At next sync with Link the Z10 play list edits are lost and replaced by original play lists from iTunes. Can anyone tell me what I am missing here?

Posted via CB10 / Verizon Z10.1
    05-11-13 07:26 AM
    Wish I could help. Never used ANY media sync capabilities from any version of Desktop Manager. Especially never used anything "I" related. I have always used plain copy and paste when transferring music to my devices.

Good luck on figuring it out though.
    05-11-13 09:04 AM
    I'm using Link to sync media. In iTunes, I have built play lists. Then, from within Link I have selected these play lists for sync. All songs from thes play lists transferred to Z10 and play lists appear on Z10 - success. On Z10, I then added/removed songs to/from these play lists. At next sync with Link the Z10 play list edits are lost and replaced by original play lists from iTunes. Can anyone tell me what I am missing here?

Posted via CB10 / Verizon Z10.1
    Hey I don't think you miss anything. Are you on a Mac or PC? Was trying the same yesterday but it didn't work....Will try again and check if there's some two way communication. It works with iPhoto aka pictures so why not with music.. Have you had your iTunes open at the point of syncing?
    ghgrossman likes this.
    05-11-13 09:17 AM
    Hey I don't think you miss anything. Are you on a Mac or PC? Was trying the same yesterday but it didn't work....Will try again and check if there's some two way communication. It works with iPhoto aka pictures so why not with music.. Have you had your iTunes open at the point of syncing?
    I'm using Link on Win 7 PC. Haven't ventured to try playlists on Win Media Player two-way capability... yet. I'd be interested if any solution for two way sync of playlists is found.
    05-12-13 08:39 AM
    Ok here's an update. Creates a play list of my bought songs and they were copied into iTunes on my Mac. I'd say check that Windows Media Player is set as the program to use in Link. Worked for me with iTunes. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:46 AM
    Ok here's an update. Creates a play list of my bought songs and they were copied into iTunes on my Mac. I'd say check that Windows Media Player is set as the program to use in Link. Worked for me with iTunes. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Purchased music was available on your Mac because of BBLink signed into BBWord; thus purchased content will be downloaded from that - at least how I understand it.

presumed Solution:
    For existing edited playlists, or newly created ones to migrate into iTunes, you'll need to connect Z10/Q10/Q5 to BBLink. Then on the bottom select your BB10 device, select Music then playlists and right-click to enable the return sync relationship.

^ I'm VERY wary of doing this because it screwed over my playlists in iTunes so I'm very very careful. I suggest creating a duplicate playlist in iTunes FIRST, sync to BB10 device, then enable the sync relationship from device to itunes via BBLink as mentioned above.

Hope this helps.
    05-20-13 07:50 PM