If you're anything like me, you probably have a ton of apps on your Z10 or Q10 by now. This is great because it's evidence of how much better BB10 is for app and game availability! The problem is that now I'm having to constantly shuffle things around across 5 screens of app icons to get them into some semblance of order! I want my everyday apps like BBM, text, browser, Crackberry, pictures, etc on my first page. Page 2 is for useful apps and productivity, page 3 for games...and so on.

That got me to thinking, wouldn't it be amazing if BlackBerry Link could give you the ability to sort all your apps? Let's face it, your laptop or desktop has way more screen real estate to work with! Why not add a feature to Link that would display all your app icons on one page, divided with lines to indicate which screen of your phone they would be on. Then simply drag and drop them where you want and hit "apply". Link would then reboot your device (or not) and your apps, games, utilities and shortcuts are all exactly where you want them.

Does anyone else think that would be amazing? And yes, this was all written and posted from my Z10

Posted via CB10
    hindsketchup238 likes this.
    09-19-13 12:05 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry..

Yes that would be nice. iTunes has this feature, would be nice for Link to have it.

However you do know that you can group your apps into folders? And this way have less pages?

Long press on an icon and drag it on top of another you want in that folder and name it as you want. That way you can keep them organized and have fewer pages.
    09-19-13 12:33 PM
    Yes I know I can do that. I have created a 'Games' folder already...and then filled it up and ran out of space. Apparently folder can only consist of one page! But in many cases I don't want to have to go into folders to get to my apps and games. I just want to have them organized so I can do a quick flip to the screen.

I just really think it would be great if Link could do it!
    09-19-13 01:23 PM
    It would be cool, what would be even more useful is if it allowed me to download and watch the movies I bought in blackberry world on my PC!
    09-19-13 01:38 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry..

Yes that would be nice. iTunes has this feature, would be nice for Link to have it.

However you do know that you can group your apps into folders? And this way have less pages?

Long press on an icon and drag it on top of another you want in that folder and name it as you want. That way you can keep them organized and have fewer pages.
    Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. Thanks for the welcome hamster and I really appreciate your suggestion! I've used the folder option a bit already and just really wish I could make use of the size of my desktop screen for sorting through multiple pages of apps!! LOL
    09-19-13 02:07 PM
    Yes I know I can do that. I have created a 'Games' folder already...and then filled it up and ran out of space. Apparently folder can only consist of one page! But in many cases I don't want to have to go into folders to get to my apps and games. I just want to have them organized so I can do a quick flip to the screen.

I just really think it would be great if Link could do it!
    I'm not sure I follow your problem.

but if I THINK I understand, you just long press and slide them around, including across multiple screens. you can arrange them all within 5 minutes for all five screens. (unlike iPhone or iPad where you need to slide them down to the bottom tray, then onto another screen), you can go directly from one screen to another by sliding to the edges. does this fix the problem?
    12-02-13 01:47 AM