embarrassing. for the last 2 days now ive been trying to restore my q10 with my backup file. it takes over 4 hours to complete, and i need to sit by my computer because itll randomly decide to cut out halfway through when left unattended.. it just did it again.. it cut out and i have to start all over. It wont even re do the restore, so i have to do a security wipe of what was restored and start over (security wipes take absolutely forever to). Wtf is this garbage? What happened to Blackberry Desktop software when I could back up and restore by bb7 and lower devices in minutes? Its insane that i have to sit at my computer and stare at the loading bar like a hawk for at least 4 hrs to make sure it doesnt cut out on me. its bs, wasting my time i cant even get my data back on my phone. So much for blackberry being reliable honestly.
    10-01-14 02:13 PM
    what exactly are you trying to restore? This is why I don't do restores, sometimes it fails. I like having a clean slate and everythings backed up in the cloud or my sd card
    10-01-14 02:38 PM
    First, I've had issues with the USB driver and it losing the connection to the phone. One of the Link updates eventually fixed it for me. A backup or restore was pretty much impossible when I had the issue.

Second, how big is your backup? If your trying to load back a 10 gig backup it's going to take time just to transfer that size. The old phones just didn't have that much memory.
    10-01-14 02:49 PM
    im trying to restore everything. I had a leaked 10.3 installed and I just cleaned everything out and went back to official 10.2.1 and now just restoring all my data back
    10-01-14 02:53 PM
    its about 7 gigs, but i just started over and i unchecked "application data" which was 2.5 gb, figured i could just re download everything but it is very frustrating. I dont have 4 hours in my day to sit and have my phone out of service while its doing this process. tried letting it go over night last night and it cut out
    10-01-14 02:55 PM
    Any ideas on this please?
    I am trying to do a restore but its taking like forever. And because of the issues with my power port on my Q10, i have to jiggle and jiggle before i can get a connection to my lappy. By the way i am only trying to restore my device settings and contact/calendar. This is like 11mb even thou my backup file is like 5gb.
    12-10-14 03:54 PM
    For me Restore via Link has worked only a couple of times since it's launch.

So here's my workaround:

Copy over the docs and media via usb, it's a lot faster. Media and files backup/ restore via Link takes forever.

For contacts and calendar, Sync with Outlook (on PC) via Link (!), works every time, this too is a lot faster than restore.
    First do one way sync to the PC to make a backup, then one way sync to device to restore.

For Remember use Evernote.

All this sounds a hassle but in reality takes *less* time than the one point solution that Link is supposed to be.

CB10 @ Q5
    12-10-14 04:11 PM
    its about 7 gigs, but i just started over and i unchecked "application data" which was 2.5 gb, figured i could just re download everything but it is very frustrating. I dont have 4 hours in my day to sit and have my phone out of service while its doing this process. tried letting it go over night last night and it cut out
    Rest of the 4.5 GB contains media files too?

When you choose "Custom Restore" > "Details" you'll get a detailed list. The essential ones like Contacts, Calendar, Remember etc. can't be 4.5 GB.

CB10 @ Q5
    12-10-14 04:29 PM