08-12-14 11:19 PM
31 12
tools
    I have posted several times on different forums about this issue but as of yet no fix or suggestion has worked so I'm moving the circus here!

When I try to set up remote file access on link it gives me this message:

"This BBID isn't associated with a device running BB10 OS, or there was an error accessing your information"

Taking into account I have no issues with BBM and appworld which both use BBID as well!

This function used to work on my old laptop which I assume used the prior version of link and since the update hasn't worked since.

I have to date uninstalled and reinstalled link 7x , I have factory reset my handset 4x , I have turned both antivirus and firewalls off temporarily to see if they are blocking functionality with no success.

I've even opened port 9000 on the windows firewall to see if it let anything thru and...nothing!

Someone suggested I just install a 3rd party app but even tho it's pretty cheap I am PO'd that this basic function that ORIGINALY worked has now gone (pardon my french) tits up!

I am at my wits end!

All reasonable suggestions will be appriciated.
    Remote File Access Not Working-img_00000500.jpg

Knowledge is power... Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 05:34 PM
    I think I replied to one of the threads where you participated. The recent 4633 leak fixed this for me. So definitely not firewall or leak issue, clearly BBID/Link issue.

Also, I asked the official BB support site to help, no reply from BB staff
    07-30-13 05:39 PM
    First question

The software your running on your device

Is it an official install or is it a leak?

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    07-30-13 05:40 PM
    To answer both of you I am running an official version not a leaked one (I am not confident enough to try and install a leak)

Remote File Access Not Working-img_00000494.png

07-30-13 05:45 PM
    To date O2 don't escalate to BlackBerry they simply give their customers BlackBerry UK's number and tell them to call, in which BlackBerry then reply with "please provide a ticket number or a carrier code or you will need to pay for this support call"

So it seems I'm up a certain creek without a paddle until the new OS is officiall pushed out by O2 UK

07-30-13 05:54 PM
    " This function used to work on my old laptop which I assume used the prior version of link and since the update hasn't worked since.
    "
    Do you still have this laptop could you install the latest version of link and see if it works?

what operating system are you running on your new gear?
    BB Link is not seeing your device
    Try a different USB on your new PC preferably the back and see if Link recognizes your device
    Almost sounds like your ID in blackberry doesn't know you have a BB10 but it worked on your lappy
    07-30-13 06:10 PM
    " This function used to work on my old laptop which I assume used the prior version of link and since the update hasn't worked since.
    "
    Do you still have this laptop could you install the latest version of link and see if it works?

what operating system are you running on your new gear?
    BB Link is not seeing your device
    Try a different USB on your new PC preferably the back and see if Link recognizes your device
    Almost sounds like your ID in blackberry doesn't know you have a BB10 but it worked on your lappy
    No BBID does know I have a new BB10 OS handset (I have logged into both BBM and appworld from my Q10 without issue) even the link software knows I have a Q10 it's only when I try to use remote file access that it says there is no BB10 device registered to this BBID

My old laptop ran windows 7 ultimate and my new laptop runs windows 7 home pro

I use the black usb cable that came with my Q10, I've even plugged it in to the usb3 ports as well as the usb2 ports (I have 2 of each and have rotated it around in case it was a faulty port, which doesn't even make sense as when I use the usb mass storage setting it doesn't matter what port I use as they all work)

I am really at my wits end because the more I talk to people and the more advice I'm given the more it points to a bug in the update - I am not prepared to shut down all the security all the time for link to work nor am I willing to accept that it's just a setting or wiring issue - at this point it's starting to sound like a software issue that may only be fixed after another update *sob*
    07-30-13 07:06 PM
    I am running windows 7 Home premium

Are you running any security software

- Norton
    - McAfee

That may be blocking the virtual application?

07-30-13 07:38 PM

- Norton
    - McAfee

I tested by temporarily turning off both my windows firewall and avast virus software with no noticible difference so again no settings on my pc that outwardly blocks remote file access from running.

And as stated above, BBID registers my new pin, and appworld works fine. Even the core link software registers my BBID, it's ONLY when I try to actvate remote file access that it errors out.

ATMJOE likes this.
    07-30-13 08:07 PM
    Unplug your Internet cable

Choose start

In the search Window type in. "msconfig"

Unchecked all items in start up

Reboot your machine

Lunch BlackBerry link and see if you can get it to allow to activate it

If not reverse the steps

07-30-13 08:18 PM
    Still no remote file access *sob*

EDIT: in case anyone else wants to try and scale the wall of silence
    Blackberry UK Contact Number: 0871 050 5149

Last edited by Er1nyes; 07-31-13 at 04:51 AM. Reason: additional info added
    07-31-13 04:32 AM
    You're not alone. Remote file access stopped working for me months ago, although for a different reason. My laptop refuses to sign into BBID at all. BlackBerry support couldn't fix it, so I just gave up.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 05:07 AM
    HUZAH! HUZAH! HUZAH!

My faith has been renewed - remote file access still not working BUT I finally got thru the wall of silence and spoke to real technical support person (3 actually) and now a copy of my log file from both handset and pc along with screen shots of the error are in the hands of BB support and I have an honest to god incident number!

My frustration stemmed from not just that this small but vital function was not working but that my provider flat out refused to escalate the issue to BB and that BB tech support wouldn't deal with me...until they did!

I finally spoke to a kind soul at BB (Ces) who took the time to actually listen to me and then tried to contact my provider and find out why they were refusing the escalate, when they didn't even pick up she spoke to her supervisor, explained how I was getting the run around, took my details and opened a case for me.

I was then passed to Scott who then tried to diagnose what the hell was going on but failed to fix but then passed it up the chain again to Caroline who then got me to run diagnostic logs for both my pc and my handset with a promise that she would take over my case and see it thru to the end.

These guys are total stars as they took a very pissed off customer who was at this point ready to mail my handset back to RIM with an expletive filled note telling them where to shove their q10 and renewed my faith in proper customer service, Canadian style.

I wish I could let their supervisors know how thrilled I am with their help - but alas I only have a generic email but I will try and send it thru anyway.

It's not fixed (yet) but it's in the works and when I have some info to share I'll post it here for anyone else still suffering
    07-31-13 07:53 AM
    Still no remote file access *sob*

EDIT: in case anyone else wants to try and scale the wall of silence
    Blackberry UK Contact Number: 0871 050 5149

That is odd, sorry mate don't know what else to suggest.
    I still believe it's localized to your Lappy.
    Do you have another computer or a friends machine you could try this on to confirm its not your Lappy.

Er1nyes likes this.
    07-31-13 08:02 AM
    That is odd, sorry mate don't know what else to suggest.
    I still believe it's localized to your Lappy.
    Do you have another computer or a friends machine you could try this on to confirm its not your Lappy.

See my last post before this

And of course thanx for trying
    07-31-13 08:05 AM
    See my last post before this

And of course thanx for trying
    Ah. Ok cool that is great news, at least you got thru. Unfortunately still not resolved.
    Good luck

07-31-13 08:55 AM
    Ok OS update 10.1.0.4633 has shook the apple from the tree and remote file access seems to have miraculously started working!

I wish I could have been more helpful to everybody else still waiting for it to start working.

igor10000 likes this.
    07-31-13 02:21 PM
    Cool. Good to hear you got your issue solved.

08-01-13 12:43 AM
    First question

The software your running on your device

Is it an official install or is it a leak?

Has nothing to do with official/leak version. The feature did not work on official T-Mobile software, but started working again after installing the leaked .4633
    08-01-13 04:35 AM

- Norton
    - McAfee

...and definitely not a firewall issue but BBID/Link software issue
    08-01-13 04:37 AM
    Remote file access only works if Symantec Endpoint network threat protection is turned off. Any solutions on making it work while it's on?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 06:37 PM
    Hi,

I am Chetan Savade from Symantec Technical Support team.

I would be glad to answer your query.

If using SEP 12.1 then SEP 12.1 increases the security for remote computers by making sure that the following default firewall rules for an off-site location stay enabled:

■ Block Local File Sharing to external computers

■ Block Remote Administration

Check this article to learn more about it: SEP 12.1 blocks file sharing traffic
    http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166273

Regards,
    Chetan Savade
    08-16-13 08:06 AM
    Hi,

I am also having trouble with this - but I have narrowed it down to McAfee firewall. If McAfee firewall is off it works (ie folders visible) and if McAfee firewall is off then folders are not visible.
    Does anyone know what exceptions (and how to add) are required for the McAfee firewall to allow remote file access to work?

How to configure McAfee Personal Firewall to allow inbound connections on specific ports - put what ports, etc to add?
    08-24-13 01:52 PM
    Hi,

This worked for me (at least so far...):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rewall-836211/
    08-29-13 01:46 PM
    I have the same problem as the original poster. Still no resolution. Remote access through Link worked for a few weeks, then suddenly quit and I get the same message in Link as OP: no BB10 device is associated with BBID. I have Link on my office PC (Windows 7) and on my personal laptop (Windows 8). I really like the remote option. Too bad it isn't working for me now.
    09-03-13 02:39 PM
31 12