Hello everyone,
    I've posted about this before but to no avail so I thought I'd give it one more shot as I know that I am not the only one dealing with this issue.
    To start my devices are:
    Windows 7 PC 32
    Toshiba Netbook
    Outlook 2007 installed and working perfectly on both PC and Netbook
    Q10 SQN100-1 10.1.0.4651
    Link version 1.1.1.32

Routine: I do a 2-way sync nightly between my Outlook 2007 and my Q10, for my calendar and contacts. The main sync is between my main desktop PC/Outlook 2007 and my BBRY Q10---
    Result: perfect sync and backup with no issues. The Outlook 2007 calendar is synced to the BBLink Calendar which is the only calendar I use.

Goal: to be able to do a 1-way or 2-way sync between my Q10 device and my Toshiba Netbook Outlook 2007 calendar.

Result when attempted: Fail!
    What happens:
    I have Outlook 2007 installed on my netbook and Link 1.1.1.32 on my netbook. I have connected my Q10 to the netbook via USB> configured the sync options to do a 1-way sync from the device to the netbook> and clicked "SYNC". It Syncs and shows completed on Link but the result is that a BBLink Calendar is put on the netbook but nothing transfers over to it--so the calendar doesn't update. I have tried both a 1-way, and with fingers crossed a 2-way sync and neither do the transfer of calendar events.

I have both BBLink calendars checked as "turned on" in my calendar app and I can't see any reason that it won't copy over--but it won't. I have searched the internet and the forums but no answers, though a lot of people who have the same issue would like an answer as well and have stated so. So, I was hoping that a new thread with the topic may catch the eye of someone that has figured out how to do this.

FYI, the reason I want to do this is 2-fold-- first-it gives you a complete back up on a separate computer in case of a crash--second--for people in business in the field it gives you the ability to update on both computers so that you are up to date when out of the office on business. We do not use a cloud based system like "outlook.com" for security reasons so that is not an option. Any ideas will be soooo appreciated. Thanks!
    08-02-13 05:21 PM
    Hi go1ndr
    This must be infuriating, I pondered your original post but felt clueless. The only thing I wondered was could it be something to do with different operating systems or system OS (computer) identity. or could it be something to do with the identity of the calendar, could there be a security issue, I was wondering also about how link sets itself up by using the bb ID this may be computer specific. Do contacts work on both.
    Probably my thoughts are way off but they may prompt you in some way to an answer or a work round. Regards Dave
    08-02-13 06:18 PM
    Hi go1ndr
    This must be infuriating, I pondered your original post but felt clueless. The only thing I wondered was could it be something to do with different operating systems or system OS (computer) identity. or could it be something to do with the identity of the calendar, could there be a security issue, I was wondering also about how link sets itself up by using the bb ID this may be computer specific. Do contacts work on both.
    Probably my thoughts are way off but they may prompt you in some way to an answer or a work round. Regards Dave
    Hey Dave, Hope you are doing well buddy! It is frustrating that's for sure! Actually both operating systems are the same on the PC and the netbook. What happens with the BB10 system and Link is, that when you install Link to a new computer or additional computer (netbook, laptop, pc) and then hook up your phone, it automatically asks for your BB ID password. Then internally it sets up an account called BBLink (calendar or contacts). BB10 has a "local" calendar that you can put info in but it doesn't sync to it so it's worthless. I have all the different calendars that Link wants to hook you up with, turned off and only the PC-BBLink Calendar turned on as that is what I sync to and use.
    I'm fairly computer and smartphone-smart-so to speak, and I can't for the life of my figure this one out. I just hope that someone on here knows what the issue is and can post a fix.
    Have you picked up BB10 phone yet? I was reading that the Q5 is really a nice phone as well. I love my Q10. Everyday is a new learning adventure and I've sideloaded maybe 30 Android apps that for the most part all work great. Especially the newest Google Maps--Amazing app! Take care buddy, Jack
    08-02-13 06:43 PM
    I was confident that you will have fixed it if anyone can. A complete mystery. Which was my thinking that it may be external to bb. I will follow with interest. I am still saving for my q10 and I may hang on for os 10.2. My 9810 works perfectly with DM like you I have to have rock solid sync so a little worried about link etc. There is also more talk of a slider.
    I hope your difficulty is soon sorted. Regards dave
    08-02-13 07:56 PM
    BUMP!!
    Doesn't anyone out there have this issue or am I the only one of some 70mil users of which a ton use Outlook 2003.07.10?
    Update to the thread. I uploaded the newest leak 10.2..1047/ 810 runtime, and then figured I'd give it one more try to sync with my Netbook. Like mentioned above, my office PC is my main computer and the #1 BBLinked computer. I 2-way sync daily with this computer and would like to then--1-way sync with my netbook to keep it up to date with calendar and contact additions. I use Outlook 2007 (desktop client) as my email/calendar/contact client.
    So, after the sync and back up with my PC yesterday, I tried one more time to sync 1-way with my Netbook. This time it had to "prepare" my phone (new OS) and then it actually started going through the motions of gathering info and preparing preview, writing to outlook, etc. Then it stated to my surprise, "SYNC COMPLETED"! Wrong--nothing was written to Outlook and all it did was add the Netbook BBLink to my phone with no information in it. I was so angry at the waste of time (about 45 mins)that I deleted the second account from my phone and uninstalled Link from my Netbook completely!
    Its such a simple task that it amazes me that no one has figured out how to make this happen. BBDM did this flawlessly but the newest technology can't make it happen. QNX can control a Bently and a 747 jumbo jet, but it can't sync a phone with two computers.
    So in one last ditch effort I'm bumping this up to see if anyone else has stumbled across any method of doing this with Link? Thank you and a special thanks to Davey Crocket for replying on this thread.
    08-07-13 04:29 PM
    Hi checked bb forum with no benefit, like you I find it hard to think you are the only person with this issue. Others must be doing similar processes with two computers.
    I was reading about first set up stuff on bb10 and outlook where it was talking about importing the data where a sync wasn't working. Given that I don't have any idea how bb10 works I just was wondering.
    I also was reading about exchange servers and how permissions are needed, now that takes me into an unknown world.
    My last thought was about is it syncing to a blank calender on the phone.
    08-07-13 06:54 PM
    Hi checked bb forum with no benefit, like you I find it hard to think you are the only person with this issue. Others must be doing similar processes with two computers.
    I was reading about first set up stuff on bb10 and outlook where it was talking about importing the data where a sync wasn't working. Given that I don't have any idea how bb10 works I just was wondering.
    I also was reading about exchange servers and how permissions are needed, now that takes me into an unknown world.
    My last thought was about is it syncing to a blank calender on the phone.
    Hi David,
    No, I two-way sync nightly with Outlook 2007 and backup nightly. With the old BBDM, I used to do the same thing, then hook it up to my netbook and do a 1-way sync to the netbook so it was up to date daily as well as the PC and Phone. The phone shows my complete calendar (many options for calendars on BB10) but when I try to sync that calendar to the netbook Link software, it won't do it. What's odd is that it goes through the motions, comparing and gathering info (as it puts it) and then previewing the sync (which we don't actually see), and then writing it to the Netbook LInk calendars and contacts. And, when its done, it says Sync Completed, but there is nothing on my Netbook Outlook calendar, so its all in vane. Very frustrating!
    Have you moved to the BB10 yet or are you still waiting for the upgrade? Take care,Jack
    08-07-13 09:41 PM
    Hi Jack no haven't upgraded as yet, like you sync is really important to my work so Whilst I save up (I buy phone outright so sim free) I'm trying to get my head round the various changes, to be honest I have looked at other phones but always come back to the physical keyboard, I like you would just wish that they would sort out these software problems. as you rightly say they did it well with Desktop Manager. It cant be rocket science, it seems odd that this hasn't come up as I said I even trialled through Blackberry forum site there is no mention of it. Can there be some remnant from DM preventing it, grasping at straws. Kind regards Dave
    http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 08-08-13 at 06:09 AM.
    08-08-13 05:31 AM
    Hi Jack no haven't upgraded as yet, like you sync is really important to my work so Whilst I save up (I buy phone outright so sim free) I'm trying to get my head round the various changes, to be honest I have looked at other phones but always come back to the physical keyboard, I like you would just wish that they would sort out these software problems. as you rightly say they did it well with Desktop Manager. It cant be rocket science, it seems odd that this hasn't come up as I said I even trialled through Blackberry forum site there is no mention of it. Can there be some remnant from DM preventing it, grasping at straws. Kind regards Dave
    KB34535-Calendar entries do not synchronize to Microsoft Outlook from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone through BlackBerry Link
    Thanks for the link David. I'll check it out on my phone/netbook and see if I'm doing it right when I get a second. Buried at work today and tomorrow but will give it a try as soon as possible. It may be that I haven't checked the calendar that it is going to go to--humm! I'll report back when I know more. Regards buddy! J
    08-08-13 04:30 PM
    Dear all,
    I am in the same situation as you, it's incredible. Impossible to sync outlook contacts and calendars from a PC to a q10 with bb link whilst with os7 and dm everything was smooth.
    I have been searching forums all over the world and it seems like we do not have any positive response for our issue.
    Physical keyboard and smooth sync with outlook were the only reasons for me to stick to BlackBerry instead of switching to android.
    Btw, I use a samsung s4 also and I am quite experienced on both android and bbm since years. Unfortunately not surprised by blackberry decline...

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 10:29 AM
    Dear all,
    I am in the same situation as you, it's incredible. Impossible to sync outlook contacts and calendars from a PC to a q10 with bb link whilst with os7 and dm everything was smooth.
    I have been searching forums all over the world and it seems like we do not have any positive response for our issue.
    Physical keyboard and smooth sync with outlook were the only reasons for me to stick to BlackBerry instead of switching to android.
    Btw, I use a samsung s4 also and I am quite experienced on both android and bbm since years. Unfortunately not surprised by blackberry decline...

Posted via CB10
    There is a new version of Link (.41) out today so maybe it will fix some of the bugs. I'm waiting to see what is posted about it before loading on PC though. Someday it will be fixed.
    08-20-13 08:10 PM