Does anyone know why BlackBerry will not endorse using the Outlook Connector option to sync contacts and calendars? I like many have had issues with BlackBerry Link. Don't get me wrong, but when Link works it is great. I am just curious. It is a great alternative.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 05:20 PM
    Can't you just sync over the air? Microsoft Active Sync will allow you to sync contacts and calendars.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 to CB10
    04-04-14 05:54 PM
    Not at my company...we are so behind we can not use Active Sync. It is not available.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 08:20 PM
    If you are on Exchange I don't think it will work but I'm not on Exchange so I can speak to that. But, if not, then it is a good work around. If you are using Outlook 2007/2010/2013 you can download Hotlink (Outlook) Connector which links your Outlook.com email account to your Outlook 2007/10/13 Desktop program. Download it from Windows download site. It will add your Outlook.com account at the bottom of your folder list on the left when Outlook 2007, etc. is open. Once that is done you will need to go into your contact folder on your desktop Outlook program and in the options you have the ability to list which contact folder opens for emails, etc. Choose Outlook.com. Once that is done make sure your wifi is on, in the Outlook.com properties and on your phone. Now when you make a change to your Outlook 2007 (my version) or to your phone, it will automatically sync over the air at regular intervals that you can pick. When the new Link version came out, and the sync problems started up, this was the only solution for those of us that use an Outlook Desktop Program. I still sync my calendar with Link but it won't sync contacts so I use this method. It's transparent as you don't have to physically do it, it just sync contacts by itself--including changes to a contact card. Hope this helps!
    04-08-14 06:50 PM