I've just downloaded 1.1.32.

Testing it out now.
    05-08-13 01:49 PM
    Now you're going to make me turn on my PC to check my current Link version...
    05-08-13 02:13 PM
    Now you're going to make me turn on my PC to check my current Link version...
    I bet you had build 28.

Well, the backup works fine, if a little slowly.

There was a false warning of an OS update for the Z10 (STL100-4 on Verizon), claiming that the installed (OS 10.0.9.422) needed to be replaced with the same. I clicked on update, it chuntered on without doing much, so I restarted Link. The warning's no longer there.

Now testing an iTunes sync with a single playlist.

Edit: music files now appear to be loaded directly onto the SD card...
    Running on Mac OSX 10.8.3
    Last edited by gen_accident; 05-08-13 at 02:56 PM.
    05-08-13 02:24 PM
    Im downloading one as I type

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 02:39 PM
    I got 1.1.0.37
    No idea what changed

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 02:52 PM
    I got 1.1.0.37
    No idea what changed
    I hope that the reload button is now working, and where did you get the file? On the BB site, it only shows 1.1.0.33?

Ah, I see now, a Mac version. Never mind...
    05-08-13 03:03 PM
    I hope that the reload button is now working, and where did you get the file? On the BB site, it only shows 1.1.0.33?
    I had 1.1.0.33 installed and then I got the update from link itself

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:07 PM
    Woops, it just showed up on the download page. Downloading now!
    Reload button working? NO
    Desktop Outlook sync? NO

Geez, still no benefit to me!
    Last edited by saxxman; 05-08-13 at 03:40 PM.
    05-08-13 03:11 PM
    It's still very slow throughput over a local WiFi connection. I'm getting 1mb/s - slower than the "slow mode" on the USB 2.0 standard.
    05-08-13 03:36 PM
    Have any of you noticed if they added back in the sync option with outlook via usb feature yet? It was supposed to be in this update per the grapevine. Without it, I won't be able to get my new Q10 when it hits the US, and use it
    05-08-13 07:00 PM
    Have any of you noticed if they added back in the sync option with outlook via usb feature yet? It was supposed to be in this update per the grapevine. Without it, I won't be able to get my new Q10 when it hits the US, and use it
    I agree about the outlook issue, same here. So have you thought of going with the Q10, as I'm not decided as yet??
    05-09-13 07:01 AM
    I agree about the outlook issue, same here. So have you thought of going with the Q10, as I'm not decided as yet??
    Hey Daveycrocket-how are you doing? I am going to go with the Q10 for sure but I'll wait until they have the sync issue added back in.

Want to hear a funny story (everyone)? I asked this same question on the Blackberry forums just to see if anyone over there had heard anything as to when the outlook-sync ability was going to be added back on the BB Link.

I stated in my thread that "I can speak for everyone in the US that is using desktop Outlook (2007/2010); that without the ability to sync with the new Q10 via the BB Link, it is simply a deal-buster".

I only got a couple of responses but one was from a Moderator that said in his reply (and I quote) "But he speaks for everyone in the US that is syncing to Outlook!"

He was stating or suggesting that I was arrogant with my statement. I replied that I didn't mean to sound arrogant, but that what I was stating was true and that if a user relied on syncing with outlook and couldn't do it, then the BB10 phones wouldn't work-- and I was surprised at his reply considering he was a Forum Moderator!

He replied back that regardles of his number of posts, I was arrogant! I said thank you and left the forum--probably for good! I think I've seen him on here as well--goes by the name of "NJBlackberry the grumpy Moderator" -LOL
    Man, CB members and mods on here are so much nicer
    Thank you Moderators for your knowledge and for your great attitudes on the CB Forums!
    05-09-13 12:45 PM
    Hey Daveycrocket-how are you doing? I am going to go with the Q10 for sure but I'll wait until they have the sync issue added back in.

Want to hear a funny story (everyone)? I asked this same question on the Blackberry forums just to see if anyone over there had heard anything as to when the outlook-sync ability was going to be added back on the BB Link.

I stated in my thread that "I can speak for everyone in the US that is using desktop Outlook (2007/2010); that without the ability to sync with the new Q10 via the BB Link, it is simply a deal-buster".

I only got a couple of responses but one was from a Moderator that said in his reply (and I quote) "But he speaks for everyone in the US that is syncing to Outlook!"

He was stating or suggesting that I was arrogant with my statement. I replied that I didn't mean to sound arrogant, but that what I was stating was true and that if a user relied on syncing with outlook and couldn't do it, then the BB10 phones wouldn't work-- and I was surprised at his reply considering he was a Forum Moderator!

He replied back that regardles of his number of posts, I was arrogant! I said thank you and left the forum--probably for good! I think I've seen him on here as well--goes by the name of "NJBlackberry the grumpy Moderator" -LOL
    Man, CB members and mods on here are so much nicer
    Thank you Moderators for your knowledge and for your great attitudes on the CB Forums!
    I have to say I've never found you to be arrogant and I think your assumption for many would be correct, I came to BlackBerry from windows phone when it changed because I had to communicate via the cloud as there was no USB data connection to my computer. For me a deal breaker because of the confidential nature of my data. I came to BlackBerry because It still is able to communicate with my data via my PC which doesn't rely on cloud involvement. I now am loyal to BB for all of the many reasons of security etc. I want to upgrade but my need for outlook integration is stopping me from buying the phone (I prefer sim only deals) so I'm not going to buy in where I'm not sure that it will sync my needs. As it is I need to print off SMS messages, which I know I can do via e-mail, for legal reasons from time to time. To do this I use the abc Elcomsoft third party software, I have checked with them to see if their software will work with BB10, the reply was " BB10 backups will be supported in the beginning of this summer, I hope."
    I think you are right to ask these questions you help all of us when you do.
    When using for business things have to be right
    05-09-13 01:26 PM
    Downloadet the new 110_b042_multilanguage.exe today...
    Guess what?
    Yes it still crashes on XP after a clean install, just 1st start, even called "cmd.. Ipconfig / flushdns " after reboot before the installation ...
    BlackBerry Link is crap!!!
    No good at all... is there any chance to fire this dev's who are responsible for this.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 03:05 PM
    Downloadet the new 110_b042_multilanguage.exe today...
    Guess what?
    Yes it still crashes on XP after a clean install, just 1st start, even called "cmd.. Ipconfig / flushdns " after reboot before the installation ...
    BlackBerry Link is crap!!!
    No good at all... is there any chance to fire this dev's who are responsible for this.

Posted via CB10
    I'm fairly sure that the latest desktop manager had issues with XP, maybe the issues are carried over into Link. I am aware that it doesn't help you with your rig, is link compatible with XP.
    Update just checked and it should be compatible with XP SP3 and later
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 05-09-13 at 04:13 PM. Reason: revision
    05-09-13 04:10 PM
    Worked at some stage some time, some time not, been able to backup and restore to carry out the leaks three times, it's like Russian roulette using BlackBerry Link

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 04:15 PM
    I have to say I've never found you to be arrogant and I think your assumption for many would be correct, I came to BlackBerry from windows phone when it changed because I had to communicate via the cloud as there was no USB data connection to my computer. For me a deal breaker because of the confidential nature of my data. I came to BlackBerry because It still is able to communicate with my data via my PC which doesn't rely on cloud involvement. I now am loyal to BB for all of the many reasons of security etc. I want to upgrade but my need for outlook integration is stopping me from buying the phone (I prefer sim only deals) so I'm not going to buy in where I'm not sure that it will sync my needs. As it is I need to print off SMS messages, which I know I can do via e-mail, for legal reasons from time to time. To do this I use the abc Elcomsoft third party software, I have checked with them to see if their software will work with BB10, the reply was " BB10 backups will be supported in the beginning of this summer, I hope."
    I think you are right to ask these questions you help all of us when you do.
    When using for business things have to be right
    Hey, Thanks for the support! Like you, due to the confidential nature of our business (securities, insurance, etc) I too, can not use a cloud system-same exact situation as you are in.
    I just can't imagine that RIM won't add or fix it. Every other phone out there, be it Android or even Apple syncs with Outlook, one way or another.
    Years ago with the old Palm Treos, they synced perfectly, and later with the Samsung Epix smartphones, via active synce (windows device center) the sync was flawless--and of course Blackberry has been the best, allowing you the ability to synce either way or both ways.
    It is so helpful when moving appointments and conference call info from computer to phone to computer to phone to computer, etc.
    I googled "how many people use Outlook 2007" and the first thing that came up in the search said that by 2013, 347 Million people worldwide will be using Windows Outlook in one version or anyother--and that by the end of 2009, there were 240,000,000 users and it was growing 13% a year! Surely many of the 70Mil+ BB users are also Outlook users and need to sync-LOL. OK-promise, I'm done whinning about it! Promise!
    daveycrocket likes this.
    05-09-13 05:52 PM
    Worked at some stage some time, some time not, been able to backup and restore to carry out the leaks three times, it's like Russian roulette using BlackBerry Link

Posted via CB10
    I must admit if it was happening to me I would be cross too. I suppose that's the reason I'm not an early adopter, selfish of me I know but the syncing to my PC is paramount. They do need to get this issue resolved in a reliable way.
    05-10-13 06:05 AM
    I must admit if it was happening to me I would be cross too. I suppose that's the reason I'm not an early adopter, selfish of me I know but the syncing to my PC is paramount. They do need to get this issue resolved in a reliable way.
    I just saw on another thread that it is coming but wasn't on the latest Link update-per a Moderator on this site. So hopefully it won't be long. In the meantime, I can get along just fine with my trusty 9810--but man, I really, really want the Q10.

I have been on the Z10/Q10 forums a lot and there sure is a lot of issues with the OS and OS updates that are on the Z's. Hopefully a lot of the issues will be fixed with the newest 10 OS that is coming with the Q. Also a lot of issues with Link and I've seen the term "Link is Junk" about 20 times on here from frustrated users. I really hope this all goes by the wayside as all new platforms have issues at first regardless if its BB or Android or iOS. Anything new has bugs. Lets keep our fingers crossed it all works out.
    05-10-13 01:06 PM
    I just saw on another thread that it is coming but wasn't on the latest Link update-per a Moderator on this site. So hopefully it won't be long. In the meantime, I can get along just fine with my trusty 9810--but man, I really, really want the Q10.

I have been on the Z10/Q10 forums a lot and there sure is a lot of issues with the OS and OS updates that are on the Z's. Hopefully a lot of the issues will be fixed with the newest 10 OS that is coming with the Q. Also a lot of issues with Link and I've seen the term "Link is Junk" about 20 times on here from frustrated users. I really hope this all goes by the wayside as all new platforms have issues at first regardless if its BB or Android or iOS. Anything new has bugs. Lets keep our fingers crossed it all works out.
    I agree, I was just checking out Android to outlook sync and it doesn't look to be very direct or reliable. I'll wait for my BlackBerry
    It's early days yet, like you I'm watching the BB10 threads and on balance the Q10 looks to be my best option, I may go to town tomorrow for a test drive if I can find one.
    05-10-13 03:31 PM
    I agree, I was just checking out Android to outlook sync and it doesn't look to be very direct or reliable. I'll wait for my BlackBerry
    It's early days yet, like you I'm watching the BB10 threads and on balance the Q10 looks to be my best option, I may go to town tomorrow for a test drive if I can find one.
    Well if you see anything pop up regarding the sync issue, pm me and I'll do the same for you. And, after you are done with your test drive tomorrow of the Q10, post how you like it and what you thing are the pros and cons on it. I trust your judgement on it. Thanks buddy!
    05-10-13 04:58 PM
    UPDATE! Just saw this on another posted link to BB.

It's looking up!

BlackBerry Link Personal Information Import and Synchronization – Update
    February 19, 2013Ty Williams
    Support for USB synchronization with Outlook: In the next few weeks we will be releasing an update of BlackBerry Link (particular for Windows PCs) that will allow you to import your contacts and calendar information directly from Outlook to your BlackBerry Z10. Support for two-way sync of calendar and contacts info using BlackBerry Link for PC and Mac will be released shortly afterwards. For more information and updates on release dates, visit this blog as well as BlackBerry
    Update 05/13/2013 - Thanks for your patience, in a few weeks we will be releasing an update to BlackBerry Link that supports two-way synchronization. For more information and updates on release dates, visit this blog as well as BlackBerry.
    OK, now I'm smiling!
    05-14-13 06:31 PM