Blackberry link...yes, it will back up my z10. However, it does not recognize my BlackBerry ID. Gives me a "connecting" and then "unable to connect, check your Internet connection". My Internet connection is fine, drivers are fine and I can back up. But I can't transfer pics and music from windows 7 to z10. I've searched for drivers, u installed reinstalled blackberry link, disabled/ enabled drivers etc... but the hiccup seems to be the fact that it don't recognize my bbid when I click "sign in" within the link program. did I register in the wrong order or something? Why would it let me back up my phone but yet not be able to transfer pics or music from media player?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 08:02 AM
    Well, for the millionth and one time, and since you obviously didn't read any of the other million posts, I'll try to explain one more time. But only once more. If you don't read it this time you will be SOL again and should probably quit.
    Enable mass storage mode on your phone. If you don't see mass storage mode, you don't have an SD card installed. Go buy one. Then plug your phone into your computer and drag and drop from your computer folders to either the X drive, which is the SD card on your phone, or the Y drive, which is the internal memory of the phone. Done.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    zehkaiser likes this.
    11-20-14 09:05 AM
    Are you completely stupid?? Copying to an SD is simple....yes anyone can go that route. I'm referring to the link software because it is SUPPOSED to do that for you? But since the 10.2.1.3062 update the issue was fixed. I don't know if you are truly stupid or not...but I returned the favor for such a brash and condescending tone. Computer to SD and SD to computer is just a work around and NOT a solution. If you have your settings in Link done correctly it is supposed to sync pics, vids etc...automatically. If all I did was go from My Computer to SD....there would be no need for link software. Do ya get it now??
    You mean files internal or external should sync with Link? You should also edit out that insult.... since it wasn't clear what you wanted exactly in the initial post.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 07:17 PM
    You mean files internal or external should sync with Link? You should also edit out that insult.... since it wasn't clear what you wanted exactly in the initial post.

Posted via CB10
    That's OK, Dave. He can leave the insult in. Didn't bother me a bit. ;-D

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    12-06-14 07:52 PM
    Easybwith the attitudes. Oy!

OP, uninstall Link (remove personal data if asked) and any other BlackBerry program found in your control panel. Reboot and run CCleaner if you'd like. Download a fresh Link installer and run it after right clicking and giving administrative rights. Reboot again, cause rebooting is fun, then try Link and see if you can sign into BBID.
    12-06-14 10:43 PM
    Easybwith the attitudes. Oy!

OP, uninstall Link (remove personal data if asked) and any other BlackBerry program found in your control panel. Reboot and run CCleaner if you'd like. Download a fresh Link installer and run it after right clicking and giving administrative rights. Reboot again, cause rebooting is fun, then try Link and see if you can sign into BBID.
    Yes cleaning up the registry is crucial.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-06-14 11:24 PM
    Also, get the newer Link and drivers from here. Leave Blend unchecked, you can't use it anyway, and both Link and drivers checked for install.
    12-06-14 11:29 PM
    "If you don't read it this time you will be SOL again and should probably quit."----yeah , there won't be any type of apology. It was pretty clear I was asking for suggestions with LINK. Thank you BigBadWulf, I ended up doing that along with a reset of the device. Then reinstalled apps. I will say I have never had to go through this much hassle for linking a device...ever. I hope there is some type of software upgrade to Link as I never want to go through that again. Part of me going back to BB was to get out of the Google share everything machine. I like the z10 , its private ,no boatware etc...and I don't have to root it or jailbreak it. I used to spend hrs and hrs rooting Androids. And it was nice that I never had to mess with that on the z10 ( I have more of a life now :-) ) But the Link/ z10 glitch made me crazy. Because I was thinking " Man, is there no smartphone made that I have to spend hrs on tweaking?"
    BigBadWulf and Dave Bourque like this.
    12-08-14 11:24 AM
    Hopefully from now on, it will "just work".
    fishlove73 likes this.
    12-08-14 11:36 AM