My mother has a new Leap that is replacing her aging Z10. I've pretty much set up the new device as she wants it but I'm having difficulty loading her contacts and settings onto it.

I did a custom back up from the Z10, just grabbing what she needs, not an issue. And I have no problem with Link recognising the new device, surprisingly. But when I try and load the back-up file Link crashes every time it tries to open the back up list. Is there a way around this? I've deleted and re-loaded the desktop software 4 times already this morning and that doesn't seem to solve it. I tried using Sachesi but it doesn't seem to be able to load the back-up file from one device to another, just to the same device.

Any suggestions?

P.S. In my desperation I even tried dragging the BBB file directly onto the Leap, that didn't work, either.
    11-17-17 08:26 AM
    Look at using Ultimate Backup.... it's in BlackBerry World. It won't do everything, but should get most the data.

For LINK, were you using device Switch?
    Were both devices on the same OS?
    11-17-17 09:05 AM
    Look at using Ultimate Backup.... it's in BlackBerry World. It won't do everything, but should get most the data.

For LINK, were you using device Switch?
    Were both devices on the same OS?
    Thanks

I was using device switch and both are on the same OS version. I thought it might be something to do with BBIDs but link doesn't even open the back up list, just crashes.

Will try Ultimate at some point, in the mean time I'm off to work.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 09:25 AM
    Thanks

I was using device switch and both are on the same OS version. I thought it might be something to do with BBIDs but link doesn't even open the back up list, just crashes.

Will try Ultimate at some point, in the mean time I'm off to work.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly LINK, even when it sees your phones.... is very finicky about actually working. You aren't alone.
    11-17-17 09:33 AM
    Sadly LINK, even when it sees your phones.... is very finicky about actually working. You aren't alone.
    Gave up in the end and entered all her contacts and calender entries manually.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-17 10:27 AM