I updated Link to the latest one, this AM 6-30-14, and it will not sync with my Outlook. I have Outlook 2013 64 bit on Windows 8.1 64 bit. I also put the outlook files not where MS wants them but on another drive. I have Z10 from AT&T with 10.2.1.2179 running.

I reinstalled Link, I copies the pst files into the folder where MS wants them just to be sure if that is the problem. Still it only gives me the option to sync with "Windows Contacts." I don't use the built in Windows 8.1 contacts but instead use Outlook.

I went to the Blackberry site and found that they don't even have a way to communicate with email on consumer issues. Only if one has a paid corporate support plan. I check their knowledge base and found a short statement about being sure the software is supported??? Don't tell me they don't support Outlook 2013/64.

I subscribed to their RSS feed with recent posts and did not see anything directly related.

While I know Crackberry is not a substitute for Blackberry support, I am giving it a try. Any ideas?
    06-30-14 11:11 AM
    Your issues is not an unknown one... many have had problems using LINK. And they you'll get 100 others that have no problem at all. When was the last time it worked? Did you install a LINK update or Windows update or a BB10 update that broke it?

I assume you are using LINK to SYNC some POP account that you have associated with Outlook on your computer.... because you can't sync it like an imap or active sync account.

My solution was moving my account to a outlook.com account...

1) You can pay for an account and switch your "domain" email over to their servers and still use your domain address.
    OR
    2) You can use the free outlook.com email and add a Send-and-Receive Account and still make it appear like you are using your domain address. But their are limitations.

Create you new outlook.com account and get it setup the way you want it. Then go to the Outlook desktop program and export/backup everything.

Create a new account in Outlook the program using the outlook sign in info, import the info you want from your backup.... let it sync.
    Then create a new account on your phone using the outlook sign in info.

You should now have an account that should be synced. And you can then delete your old accounts from Outlook the program and from your phone. (after you have thoroughly tested it and see how it works)
    06-30-14 11:41 AM
    My problem is not with email it is with Outlook Contacts and Calendar. The updated version of Link only allows syncing with Windows Contacts and no longer even offers the option of connecting with Outlook.
    06-30-14 10:37 PM
    My problem is not with email it is with Outlook Contacts and Calendar. The updated version of Link only allows syncing with Windows Contacts and no longer even offers the option of connecting with Outlook.
    I'm having the very same problem...
    07-01-14 09:18 PM
    Turns out that according to others thus us an issue eit Outlook 2013. I recently upgraded from 2010 version.

How do we rattle the cage over at BlackBerry about this?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 05:28 PM
    I just updated Link to 1.2.3.48 version hoping that it would now allow syncing my Z10 to Outlook 2013 64 bit on W8.1 64 bit. No luck.

I am baffled about this. Blackberry seems to be now focused on business and serious uses for their devices yet they have apparently removed this most basic function.

I can copy the *.pst files to an old laptop that runs W7 64 and Office 2010 32 bit. Then I can synchronized my Z10 to the Outlook. When that is done I have to move the *.pst files back to my main computer which is running Office 2013 64 bit (installable version). I don't connect the MS Cloud service (or anybody's for that matter). I have read that if I used the cloud based version or allowed Outlook to synchronize on MS servers then I could synchronize with my Z10.

I am a certified information system auditor and I don't want any of my personal information on the cloud. No matter what is claimed, the cloud services are not secure at all. Think about it - do you trust admins in some foreign land that you know nothing about?
    08-04-14 12:04 PM
    I, too, seek an answer to this problem that doesn't involve utilizing cloud solutions or secondary software. I have several older Blackberrys (blackberries???---8100, 8220, 9800). All I want to sync are the contacts, the tasks, and the calendar. I can get mail via the web in needed.

I have a machine with Win 8.1 (64-bit) and Outlook 2013 (64-bit). (I "pop" mail to my desktop PST; don't care that it doesn't sync.) I keep getting an error that I have no default e-mail client. I've gone through the steps to set the default---even though it was already set!---but that didn't solve my problem. Searching (and searching and searching) I find this happens:
    1. if one installs Click-to-run versions of Office 2013, which I apparently did??? I'm trying to find a way to do a non-CtR version to see if that helps, but I don't think it will.
    OR
    2. because BBDM does not work with 64-bit versions of Office because DM references a 32-bit file to read from Outlook (DK if uninstalling the 64-bit and installing a 32-bit will work or not).

My solution is the same as jgrobertson. To sync I copy my PST to an older machine running an earlier version of Outlook. It's a pain, but the easiest solution I have been able to find.

I like my phones, but this issue makes RIM look like it can't keep up with the times. Both Win 8 and Office 2013 have been around for a few years. I don't understand why BB can't/won't/hasn't work out a solution. Maybe the introduction of the BB Passport means new DM software that will work with newer technology. At some point, this "easy" solution will be more hassle than it's worth and I will have to invest in another brand of phone.
    09-27-14 03:42 PM
    I just upgraded my outlook to 2013 64x for various reasons, and found myself reading this thread following several crashes with blackberry link released on 20.03.2015. In order to prevent continuous crashing upon each and every sync attempt, I decided to remove the phone from Link. After reintroducing the phone I realized Outlook sync was left out of the options as you guys have stated above. Well, seeing that this problem was out there for so long and still has not been addressed, I must say I'm embarrassed on behalf of Blackberry.
    jgrobertson likes this.
    04-15-15 01:18 PM
    I just upgraded my outlook to 2013 64x for various reasons, and found myself reading this thread following several crashes with blackberry link released on 20.03.2015. In order to prevent continuous crashing upon each and every sync attempt, I decided to remove the phone from Link. After reintroducing the phone I realized Outlook sync was left out of the options as you guys have stated above. Well, seeing that this problem was out there for so long and still has not been addressed, I must say I'm embarrassed on behalf of Blackberry.
    I don't know if this is a 64 bit issue of 2013 issue. But, in any case, BB should get on this.
    05-03-15 12:58 AM