I am doing a fresh install of the software, but every time I run the installer, it tells me I need to install c++ 2008 etc... I click ok to do it and then it looks like it installs, gives me this window (see picture below) and then when I click ok, everything just closes and the software doesn't install. Any ideas?

Link won't install - pleae help!-untitled.jpg
    09-20-13 12:42 PM
    A few weeks ago I had a similar "refuse to load" problem. I went into the Registry Ddit & deleted every RIM & BlackBerry folder. performed a restart and double checked the RegEdit to make sure the files were gone. That worked for me.....
    09-20-13 12:47 PM
    I just had the same problem. I was trying to install link on a fresh install of win 7, I was in the middle of installing windows updates and could not get link to install. Once all windows updates were installed link installed.
    09-20-13 10:24 PM
    There was nothing in the registry, and I am up to date on the windows updates. Any other suggestions?
    09-24-13 02:15 PM
    Can anyone shed some light on this? Still running into issues.
    09-27-13 04:53 PM
    ...the Mac version of BB Link (1.1.1.35) installed on the first attempt and made three successful backups before stopping dead in its tracks. When I was referred to AT&T's Tech (?!) Support office located some distance away, they just asked questions, made several reference checks on Crackberry, and (frankly) asked stooopid questions of me for two hours.

By that time everyone's patience had worn very thin, the three lieutenants and their manager became so exasperated they finally said, "You're in an office where no one knows anything about Macs...and as far as we're concerned BlackBerry Link will not back up Contacts, Address Data, and so forth unless you have Outlook or Entourage (?!) or Exchange running."

I just looked at them incredulously and asked, "Do you mean to say I spent $600 for a product that won't do what every smartphone on the market, including previous BlackBerries, has done for years, more or less without effort? And you just concluded that after two hours of head-scratching? I don't believe it."

It would seem AT&T's enthusiasm for the Q10 is...well, lacking. And the saddest aspect of the whole experience is that AT&T no longer believes adequate trainingi is essential to the service they provide...and they've hung their hires out to twist in the wind. DCD
    10-05-13 12:31 AM
    Running Windows 8.1: I tried to update my Link to the latest, 123_b022 , and it first tried to install Visual++ 2008 W8 and then it gave me a crash with IRQL error. Bear in mind I had been running the earlier version fine.

Then I deleted everthing Blackberry, cleaned the registry with PC Tools. Rebooted multiple times. Now I get

Link won't install - pleae help!-2014-03-20_10-53-26.jpg

with both the earlier and current versions. I understand that this error fires because there is no "Blackberry Lin.msi" in the specified folder.

Any help with this is welcome.

I am running Kaspersky AV now. I did have ESET NOD32 before. I tried the installs with Kaspersky paused - no help. I had norton on there for a time too.

Any help is welcome.
    03-20-14 09:54 PM