A few days ago my BB Link ( on Windows 8.1) which has worked well for three months became confused.

When I plug my phone in on USB as I always have before it connects .. but wirelessly .. and says it is connected ... except I have no available wifi at this location. Initially the storage wouldn't mount but now it does with both my internal and SD showing in windows explorer.

Because link thinks I am connected wirelessly I can't do a back-up. In fact it says I never did a back-up ( but I did 3 days ago)

If I don;t allow Link to connect wirelessly then it won;t connect ( and the drives don;t appear either)

the only thing I changed was when on the BB website for apps I allowed installation of a plug in the sent file delete messages to my phone.

Any suggestions . Not sure what to do. I reinstalled link. Made no diff although I didn't uninstall first.
    12-02-13 02:51 PM
    I would suggest uninstalling the plugin, reboot your PC and device, then try again. The windows BB device manager setting may be the culprit -- remembering the WiFi setting.
    12-02-13 03:03 PM
    Yah thanks ... in the process of uninstalling anything with BB in the name. Then will reboot, plug in my phone and see what happens. I think that plugin changed some setting somewhere that refuses to be unset!!!!! Grrrr

maned
    I would suggest uninstalling the plugin, reboot your PC and device, then try again. The windows BB device manager setting may be the culprit -- remembering the WiFi setting.
    12-02-13 03:25 PM
    OK , unstalled
    1. old BB desktop software ( still have a plabook), removed all settings
    2. BB loader ( old school)
    3.App World Plug IN <-THE CULPRIT
    4. BB Link, removed all settings

closed system and rebooted
    re-installed BB Link and all is good in the world again

only wasted about 1-1/2 hrs of my life

anybody else have trouble with that plug-in?????
    12-02-13 04:42 PM
    Not a plugin in particular, but I've had issues with Link. In fact, I don't use it for backup/restore any longer. I use the Sachesi (http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/) backup/restore function. It uses the same .bbb file format as Link, but is a lot more reliable.
    12-02-13 05:33 PM