Dear all,

I'm having the following problem with my Q10. I connect it normally to BB Link, and after some time the phone is perceived as disconnected by BB Link (independently of what I'm doing, just keeping it connected, restoring a backup, copying files etc.) despite it still being physically connected. Device manager shows the phone as being connected.

The most weird part comes when I physically disconnect the phone. Device manager keeps showing the phone as being connected, with the two drives and everything. Reconnecting the phone does not change anything, only a computer restart helps.

The biggest problem is that I can not use this computer to restore my backups after a wipe or new system via autoloader, plus I need to try 2-3 time until I manage to make a backup...

I have already tried, classical ways: uninstalling / re-installing, repairing Link, using different versions of Link.

I would really appreciate help in this matter.

Many thanks,

Adelin
    02-24-14 02:57 PM
    Dear all,

I'm having the following problem with my Q10. I connect it normally to BB Link, and after some time the phone is perceived as disconnected by BB Link (independently of what I'm doing, just keeping it connected, restoring a backup, copying files etc.) despite it still being physically connected. Device manager shows the phone as being connected.
    Have you also tried rebooting your phone and using a different USB, also have you tried switching off WiFi, also you don't say if it has ever worked.

The most weird part comes when I physically disconnect the phone. Device manager keeps showing the phone as being connected, with the two drives and everything. Reconnecting the phone does not change anything, only a computer restart helps.

The biggest problem is that I can not use this computer to restore my backups after a wipe or new system via autoloader, plus I need to try 2-3 time until I manage to make a backup...

I have already tried, classical ways: uninstalling / re-installing, repairing Link, using different versions of Link.

I would really appreciate help in this matter.

Many thanks,

Adelin
    have you tried rebooting your phone, trying a different USB, turn off WiFi etc just in case, has link ever been ok, there are some issues with
    XP and drivers, also check out the forum. Give as much detail as possible
    02-25-14 03:09 AM
    have you tried rebooting your phone, trying a different USB, turn off WiFi etc just in case, has link ever been ok, there are some issues with
    XP and drivers, also check out the forum. Give as much detail as possible
    Thanks for the quick reply... I have tried searching the forum, but haven't found anything...
    Rebooting the phone doesn't help. Also tried different OS version, the same thing happens. It also does not happen on another computer, so it must be this computer. Also tried different USB, with and without docking station, WiFi on/off

Link worked fine about 2 months ago... I'm not sure if problems started after updating link, or after updating OS

Many thanks again
    02-25-14 06:46 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply... I have tried searching the forum, but haven't found anything...
    Rebooting the phone doesn't help. Also tried different OS version, the same thing happens. It also does not happen on another computer, so it must be this computer. Also tried different USB, with and without docking station, WiFi on/off

Link worked fine about 2 months ago... I'm not sure if problems started after updating link, or after updating OS

Many thanks again
    Could virus ware etc be an issue there have been recent references on the forum, sounds a bit strange, what OS is the PC

Look at "Strange Blackberry Link Problem" which is in the Link section about 4 down from your post. I think it describes the same issue
    02-25-14 01:35 PM
    Could virus ware etc be an issue there have been recent references on the forum, sounds a bit strange, what OS is the PC

Look at "Strange Blackberry Link Problem" which is in the Link section about 4 down from your post. I think it describes the same issue
    Looked at the mentioned forum, but it doesn't apply since these people mostly can not get phone connected in the first place... Probably caused by the same type of drivers error, but not clear solution for either available. Running Win7

Thanks for trying daveycrocket, but I still don't know what to do
    02-25-14 03:47 PM
    I use windows 7 64bit without any issues although the latest 1.2.3.22 Link seems to stop syncing with outlook after a while for some strange reason, just wondering, you have linked your phone to another computer I think, as you say it works on a different one, if it is the same phone, have you linked it to Link that seems to not work. I wonder if there is a conflict. when you open link does the computer name appear at the bottom of the Link window in the "this computer" window, is the name if it appears the same as the computer name. when you first installed did you make a relationship with phone and Link a bit like Bluetooth pairing. Have you signed in etc. Short of this that's me out of ideas, good luck.
    02-25-14 04:55 PM
    I use windows 7 64bit without any issues although the latest 1.2.3.22 Link seems to stop syncing with outlook after a while for some strange reason, just wondering, you have linked your phone to another computer I think, as you say it works on a different one, if it is the same phone, have you linked it to Link that seems to not work. I wonder if there is a conflict. when you open link does the computer name appear at the bottom of the Link window in the "this computer" window, is the name if it appears the same as the computer name. when you first installed did you make a relationship with phone and Link a bit like Bluetooth pairing. Have you signed in etc. Short of this that's me out of ideas, good luck.
    I'm also on 64 bit. I linked it to a different computer only because I had no way of getting my backup restored.The name in the Link matches with the name of the computer. It should though not affect connectivity, the other computer is not in the network, and also turned off.
    I also ran out of ideas...
    02-26-14 03:39 AM
    You can try if not done already to turn computer off then connect your phone and switch computer on as I'm wondering if this issue is with device manager showing a connection when it isn't connected, some have used this method before.
    02-26-14 05:21 AM
    You can try if not done already to turn computer off then connect your phone and switch computer on as I'm wondering if this issue is with device manager showing a connection when it isn't connected, some have used this method before.
    "Unfortunately" tried as well... but many thanks. I think it must be a problem with the drivers or something...
    02-26-14 03:59 PM
    New update to the issue... Blackberry Link recognizes phone only is 2 USBs...
    Any new ideas? Possible solutions?

Thanks in advance
    03-17-14 03:40 PM
    FINALLY, yesterday (2014-03-19) they released the solution, and it worked perfectly for me.
    You have to install the new Microsoft .NET framework and voil !
    (not working with Win XP)
    Enjoy it !
    KB35829-Unable to connect BlackBerry 10 smartphone to BlackBerry Link after upgrading to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-20-14 06:19 AM