I am struggling to integrate the BlackBerry Q10 (my second device for my second try) into my Apple ecosystem. I am willing and ready to give up the iPhone for the Q10, but I won't if I can't get past this issue. I have been having a heck of a time getting the Q10 to mount and connect with Link on my iMac running Mountain Lion 10.8.4. When I plug in the Q10 to the iMac, BlackBerry Link starts up (as expected) and, after a lengthy delay, shows the Q10 as connected. However, that's not entirely true... the Q10 has not mounted as multiple drives on the desktop. Furthermore, if I select some music (for example) to sync with the Q10, Link pretends like it's doing something, albeit very slowly, and finishes the "sync". However, in reality there is nothing on the Q10 as a result.

The strange this is this: if I disable WiFi on the Q10, close Link on the iMac, and then reconnect the Q10, Link starts up (as expected) and then after a much shorter delay, the Q10 connects with Link and it mounts as multiple drives on the desktop. Everything works exactly as expected at that point, including syncing music to the Q10. If I shut down Link, disconnect the Q10, re-enable WiFi on the Q10, and reconnect the Q10 to the iMac, Link connection and sync fails.

So, the short version is this:

• WiFi on the Q10 on: Link can see the Q10 but will not mount the Q10 as drives and will not sync with the Q10.
    • WiFi on the Q10 off: Link can see the Q10 and will mount the Q10 as drives and will sync with the Q10.

Sigh. Anyone out there have any idea what in the heck is going on?
    06-27-13 07:01 AM
    To provide a bit more detail:

• I had uninstalled and re-installed BlackBerry Link several times.
    • I had removed every last trace of BlackBerry Link from my system as best as I could before re-installing.
    • I tried different USB ports on the iMac.
    • I tried changing the Q10 connection type from Automatic to Mac.
    • I tried with and without a media card inserted in the Q10.
    • The iMac Firewall was not enabled.
    • I had rebooted the iMac several times.
    • I tried a different USB cable.

I'm not sure what else I can do to make this work.
    06-27-13 09:02 AM
    i wish i knew. i also have problems with the link. i can get it to recognize, but i can never have the device upload software updates. it always hangs to no avail. disabled firewall, reinstalled, did everything. can never get it to work. on either device. z or q.

it definitely needs to be worked on in development further.
    06-27-13 09:24 AM
    Well dang... that wasn't the response I was hoping for.
    06-27-13 11:12 AM
    Having very similar problems myself. Can't even get my Q10 to register for backup.

Sorry buddy.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 08:36 PM
    Did you checked the settings in Q10?: Settings/storage and access/access using wifi

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 02:34 AM