Hey guys and gals.

Just wanted to put out the point that if you're like me and want to have album art with ALL of your songs, then I would use media monkey for syncing media to your Q10 or Z10.

Before I was using Link and I could not have all my album art maybe a few pics, but now, I have it all, tags complete and everything!
    The interface is a bit iffy, but it's better than Link
    05-30-13 10:31 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 07:53 PM
    If anyone also wants the folders to just sync, go into: Settings>Storage and Access>Scroll down to "USB Mass Storage". That will allow Media Monkey to think your phone is an iPod/MP3 Player and it will sync whatever music you want ^____^

If you guys are sticklers like me on Tagging information for your music, you can do that through Media Monkey too
    06-03-13 08:18 PM
    It might be a very stupid question, but I can't see how to sync the music on my Z10 with Media Monkey. Could you help out there? I have to say, I was searching for something like this, since I love to have the album covers showed when playing a music title and the correct information about them, this program made it very easy to have this in no time, thank you for posting !
    06-06-13 06:20 PM
    Nonocrack, you can do this by putting your Z10 into USB Mass Storage mode. This will allow Media Monkey to see your drive as an iPod/MP3 player.

Go to: Settings>Storage and Access>Scroll to the bottom and flick on USB mass storage.
    You'll see your Z10 come up as one drive because it's just reading your memory card.

Now select any music you want (I sort by albums) and right click it, then you can see it'll say synchronize to Z:/Music, it will then transfer it to your Z10 with album artwork! I'll put up screenshots when I get back home later
    06-07-13 07:13 AM
    Hello Tyler,
    Thank you for your help I was really desperate to get this working. Now I have a question since I don't use a microSD card (I broke it and I'm waiting to get another one) is it possible to sync the music on the phone directly, using media monkey?
    Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by Nonocrack; 06-07-13 at 05:14 PM.
    06-07-13 04:50 PM
    No unfortunately you cannot use USB Mass Storage without the card. A workaround to this is turning on wifi access to your files and clicking in Link to see your phone wirelessly. You can then see your phone pop up on Media Monkey and you can still sync, but you'll have to find your device letter in the drive bar on the left side is. Then you can drag and drop
    06-08-13 07:02 AM
    Thanks very much for posting the solution to synching Blackberry with MediaMonkey. I am not finding my way through this, and would be most grateful if you could post screenshots.
    06-29-13 01:58 AM
    Hi guys,

something different. I successfully synced MM with my Q10 - when I got notified that a new Windows MM version is available and I downloaded it, so saw that they now also offered an Android player. Cool, I thought and downloaded it via SNAP.

I could install it without issues - but as soon as I try to configure the monitored folders, I only see an empty list.
    Has anybody else tried to use MM for Android on BB10 device?
    Not sure, if it's worth is but as MM is the best software to manage and play my music (and the only reason why I haven't abandoned Windows by now), I thought I give it a try.

Any ideas?
    06-26-14 09:11 PM
    Just like LaureenWhyte, I found it difficult to synchronise directly from MM4 to my Z10, due to the location of the playlists on the SD card.
    1) USB Mass storage set to "on"
    2) In MM4 Tools, Options, Portable Device Sync, d_WMDM.dll configured
    3) In MM4, right-click the playlist, "send to", and chose the media card, which pops up as the first choice
    4) Checked that the files are transferred (individual folders were created for each artist... messy, but okay)
    5) Tried to play the playlist in the Z10 music player, but without success. The playlist is visible, but underneath each file is "file not found" , and when I try to play them, the "media file is missing" error appears.
    6) Gave up trying a direct sync, transferred all my playlists to windows media player (Tools, Scripts, Export all Playlists), and synced them to the Z10 through Blackberry link (right click the playlist, sync to device).

Strangely enough, I later found that it was the location of the playlists that was the problem. I could fix the playlists by transferring them from my SD card (Y:\Playlists) to the device flash drive (Z:\music\Playlists).

As mentioned elsewhere, the problem is not due to bad links in the playlists, despite the fact that they look quite different to the playlists generated by Windows Media Player.

What I'll do in the future is to transfer all the playlists to the SD card using the USB Mass Storage method, and then reconnect the phone normally, and copy all the playlists across to the device.

For the question of Allwi regarding the Android App:
    I also sideloaded Media Monkey Android onto the Z10 and tried the wireless sync
    1) Downloaded the APK (MediaMonkey_1.1.0.0359_beta.apk) from the link in the MediaMonkey forum (viewtopic.php?t=68820&sd=d)
    2) Followed the instructions in the MediaMonkey Wiki to set up a UPnP server (Sync_MediaMonkey_with_an_Android_device)
    3) Searched but could not find any visible UPnP server in the network
    4) Took an available Android device from my partner, installed the MediaMonkey beta app directly from Google PlayStore, and checked that the UPnP server was clearly visible. I could browse the songs, but for an unknown reason could not download or play them.
    5) Checked the functionality of MediaMonkey on BB10, but couldn't find a way to make my music visible to the app. When I browse the following folder (Z:\misc\android\music) in Windows my music files saved under Z:\music are visible, but apparently not to the MediaMonkey app.
    12-29-14 05:33 PM