09-18-13 07:55 PM
42 12
tools
    ok - what's the best way to sync via cloud. I've been able to sync with Link once and backup once. I think that was back June. I run my own business and have hundreds of contacts in my Act! database. I'm pushing to Outlook (via companion link) then to Z10 via Link. FWIW - I've tried Act! to Daja Office via companion link with disastrous results.
    08-05-13 12:26 PM
    Any news on how to organize your pictures and Videos? I don't always want all of my pictures showing up.
    Thanks
    08-07-13 08:58 AM
    Installed Link yesterday, uninstalled and reinstalled today. I keep getting this error and I dunno why I am. Very aggravating, and that's a gross understatement.

I hate, despise, detest BlackBerry Link-bb-link-error.jpg
    08-10-13 07:24 PM
    I avoid it. The program really does suck

Posted via CB10
    I had the misfortune of using Link once to restore my OS, never again. How the heck did BBRY allow that POS software to be released?

Hope this helps:

Attachment 191502
    Last edited by CJH_; 08-11-13 at 08:04 AM.
    08-10-13 07:50 PM
    I think it kind of worked for me once or twice very early on.....
    .. don't really remember....it was so long ago.
    Haven?t tried to use it several months now.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 07:55 PM
    Blackberry Link didn't work with my Hackintosh, neither with Windows 8 via Parallel Desktop.
    But on my drive with Windows 8 it worked from the first attempt.
    Never used it again so i can't say if Blackberry Link is stable on Windows 8.
    Big flaw anyway, Blackberry should fix that issue asap for its reputation: a business oriented customer can't live with a device that doesn't sync on Mac and Windows OS indifferently.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 07:45 AM
    Blackberry Link didn't work with my Hackintosh, neither with Windows 8 via Parallel Desktop.
    But on my drive with Windows 8 it worked from the first attempt.
    Never used it again so i can't say if Blackberry Link is stable on Windows 8.
    Big flaw anyway, Blackberry should fix that issue asap for its reputation: a business oriented customer can't live with a device that doesn't sync on Mac and Windows OS indifferently.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry don't care about Link or business customers anymore. If they did, Link would be the best syncing software on any platform.
    calivol likes this.
    08-11-13 08:06 AM
    I'm still trying to figure why BlackBerryLink.Helper.exe is using between 180,000 k of memory for a program that runs in the background? The only programs that use more than it are my anti-virus program and Thunderbird - and they serve a purpose. Installing upgrades seems to take forever with a WinZip and other windows opening up during the uninstall and install and then I have to restart my OS. WTF? Is this 2003 or worse, 1993?

While Link can cope with multiple BlackBerry phones, it can't automatically handle that each of those phones may have their own BlackBerry ID. Sigh. What a complete POS.
    09-08-13 04:35 PM
    Forget about Calendar and Contacts synch just for a second here.
    The app in GENERAL, is a bloody pain in the ***!
    I don't get it, half the time it won't detect my phone over Wi-Fi, it's not user friendly at all, limited bloody options. Hell, we don't even get a completely custom backup and in general, it's just so terrible it makes me not want to use it :/

Why do I HAVE to have this default "recently added" screen on start up of Link. Why? Can't it be a blank screen with useful options? Why do I find Link so utterly useless?

It's slow and laggy, hell, I used to complain about iTunes. At least there are some amazing alternatives to iTunes such as Syncios (I believe that is the name). There isn't even a reasonable alternative to BlackBerry link :/
    (or if there is please do enlighten me)

Sorry for the rant ^_^
    09-08-13 05:47 PM
    This software is soooo crappy. I have to reboot and restart several times for it to connect.
    sometimes It won't even refresh my windows library collection, when I add music.
    It's just SUCH a headache to use. I don't understand why they let this happen.
    09-10-13 03:02 AM
    kevin should email this thread to Thor and comp We have people wanting to kill themselves link is so awful!
    The first time I encountered it, I called it the devils spawn and was shouted down here as a heretic. The Link software is undoubtably the worst professional piece of software I have ever used.
    09-10-13 04:26 AM
    The backup functionality is the single thing I like on BlackBerry Link.

STL100-1/10.1.0.4181
    09-10-13 04:33 AM
    I've been unable to sign into BB ID since about three updates ago, and I've given up on that (and of course remote file access with it).

Sent from Tapatalk.
    09-10-13 05:01 AM
    I am also having a problem with BlackBerry Link. It just won't open up. It continually tells me to " try later. ". Very frustrating. I would love to have my music and pictures from my Torch 9800. I wish I would have just stuck with that phone. I am very disappointed with my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 03:52 AM
    To RC76: you have a *lot* of company!

This morning I decided to do a "quick" backup of my phone via Link, since I hadn't done that in awhile. It's now nearly noon and I am so frustrated. BB Link kept telling me I needed a software update (current version is 1.1.0.33), and when I tried to update Link, it went through all the motions but would not update the version. Tried several times. Moreover, and worse, I was unable to back up my phone, with repeated attempts. Oh yes, another issue: Link reported to me that I needed to upgrade the OS on my phone, but checking the phone, I have the latest OS installed.

Makes me wonder whether the creators of Link actually run it through any testing before releasing it.

So now the big question is: since Link is dead for me, and I have no idea how to fix it, what work-around can I use to back up media and contacts? Any ideas? Thanks.
    09-18-13 10:21 AM
    Makes me wonder whether the creators of Link actually run it through any testing before releasing it.
    There is NO WAY a decent testing phase was included in the development process from Blackberry. This software is a disgrace.
    09-18-13 07:42 PM
    I used to have a lot of issues with link on my laptop with W8... but ever since I installed the latest leak... the problems just vanished... I am sure that BlackBerry is doing all it can to iron out the problems...

If you are in a hurry like me get the latest OS leak... backup and sync work just fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:55 PM
42 12