How can we update BlackBerry Link from the BlackBerry Link? Or do I have to redownload the installer and reinstall the Link manually?

Thanks!
    09-22-13 07:12 AM
    How can we update BlackBerry Link from the BlackBerry Link? Or do I have to redownload the installer and reinstall the Link manually?

Thanks!
    Hi

in most cases when you go in to the bb link on the left hand side you will see a pic of a computer click on it you might see a red star saying you have an update

or click settings in the right hand corner on the left hand side you will see as well a pic of a computer you should see a red star

Note not always it shows up, because you might have the latest installed, or sometimes it just wont show up

if all this don't work then my best guess will be to download the new exe file from blackberry

i hope any of this helps you
    09-22-13 07:29 AM
    Hi

in most cases when you go in to the bb link on the left hand side you will see a pic of a computer click on it you might see a red star saying you have an update

or click settings in the right hand corner on the left hand side you will see as well a pic of a computer you should see a red star

Note not always it shows up, because you might have the latest installed, or sometimes it just wont show up

if all this don't work then my best guess will be to download the new exe file from blackberry

i hope any of this helps you
    Thanks so much for your help! I still can't do it of my windows 8 though, as I can't see the red star. Maybe I have to download the installer manually from the web. Thx anyway!
    09-22-13 07:34 AM
    I have kinda the same problem I have the blackberry link already downloaded and installed on my pc windows 8.1 but when I download and install the update it seems like its doing both but when finished there's no desktop icon and no file in my files to open I don't know what to do I'm not very computer smart so if any has a fix for me then it will have to be explained step by step thanks
    06-01-14 08:44 PM
    I have kinda the same problem I have the blackberry link already downloaded and installed on my pc windows 8.1 but when I download and install the update it seems like its doing both but when finished there's no desktop icon and no file in my files to open I don't know what to do I'm not very computer smart so if any has a fix for me then it will have to be explained step by step thanks
    I remember having read somewhere in these forums, that Link does not work (well?) on Windows 8.1
    I do not remember where exactly, I'd search a bit and post the link here (if I had the time to, and found it).

BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-01-14 08:53 PM
    I rarely get notified in BlackBerry Link that there is an update on my Windows 7 laptop. I don't think the update issue is only on Windows 8.x.

When I hear on CB that there is an update to BBLink I just download the installer from BlackBerry and install over top of my version.

Posted via CB10 1.5.0 on my Z10 10.2.1.2102 on the Rogers Network
    06-01-14 08:57 PM
    I don't know if it works well or not cause this is the first issue I've had with blackberry link on windows 8.1

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 09:27 PM