My z10 has died and if I replace it with an android based phone like a Samsung Galaxy S4, will I be able to move the data from BB Link (backed up from my z10) to the Galaxy S4? If so, how? Thanks.
    12-23-14 11:47 AM
    My z10 has died and if I replace it with an android based phone like a Samsung Galaxy S4, will I be able to move the data from BB Link (backed up from my z10) to the Galaxy S4? If so, how? Thanks.
    you're a little stuck: The BlackBerry Link based backup is in a special secure format tied to your BlackBerry ID.

The files (pictures, music, other media) that are on an SD card will move over easily enough but they will be in the "wrong" folders for a non-BlackBerry device.

What are you hoping to capture from the BlackBerry? If it's "office stuff" then a re-sync with your favourite office applications such as Outlook will restore your contacts and calendars to your new phone. If it's pictures on your Z10 which were not on a card then that's a lot trickier.
    12-23-14 11:55 AM
    Is your Z10 completely and utterly dead? Not a spark of life at all? If you can get it powered up enough to connect it via a USB cable you can use File Manager and LINK to save all your bits and pieces onto a PC or MAC for later transfer to another device.
    12-23-14 11:57 AM
    Its completely dead. Wont start but I did a backup to BB Link a few days before it died.

I can take the SD card out of it and I can try to move media from BB Link.

Fortunately, my addresses and contacts are based upon Hotmail so that will migrate to the android phone.
    12-23-14 12:16 PM