The official behavior for Blackberry Link with regards to deleting files is as follows:

About syncing music, pictures, videos, and documents

BlackBerry Link lets you keep the media files and documents on your device and your computer in sync so that you can relive your memories or share them with friends wherever you are.

To turn on automatic syncing for music, pictures, videos, and documents between your computer and your device, you must manually set the sync relationships. After a sync relationship is established, updates automatically sync between your computer and your device for anything new that you add. If you dont want to set up automatic updates for some files, you can manually drag and drop or copy collections of files between your computer and your device.

If your device loses its connection to BlackBerry Link (when connected using a USB cable, or over a Wi-Fi network), your music, pictures, videos, and documents continue to sync or copy when your connection is re-established.
    Note: If you delete files from your device, BlackBerry Link doesn't delete them from your computer. If you delete files from your computer, BlackBerry Link doesn't delete the files from your device.

This is great and all for accidents, but what if you deleted a file you want deleted from your Device as well? (Ex: You have an inappropriate song on your computer, and you delete it, so that your shuffle won't play in over bluetooth in the car, but since default behavior is to keep it, the song doesn't get deleted from the device.)
    04-11-15 07:03 PM
    In that case, you do it manually.

Link really isn't supposed (nor was expected) to be a file/backup manager.
    In that case, you do it manually.

Link really isn't supposed (nor was expected) to be a file/backup manager.
    04-11-15 08:27 PM
    That's answer is not satisfactory in my opinion. These days people expect to be able to set preferences in the sync behaviour. I was also looking in Blackberry Link for the option to delete files on device and computer when deleting the file from the computer. This option is the most sought after option that is not available in Blackberry Link, I would expect. A computer is where you can manage your files in the easiest way and data on your computer is usually more secure and less likely to get lost (as compared to your phone). You also are less likely to have storage limitations on your computer.
    05-03-15 06:05 AM
    Can you explain my BlackBerry Link working so slowly with too late response so I can not copy media files from my device to my computer.

Posted via CB10 by my BlackBerry Passport
    05-03-15 11:49 AM