Hi all,

bought a Q10 today and really like it, just having a few issues.

When using blackberry link, it doesn't copy over pictures on my old devices memory, which is annoying I'd like to have them copied over.

Also, my BBM contacts won't transfer. I get an error on the Q10 saying the file isn't valid.

Any help appreciated,

thankyou
    05-02-13 09:03 AM
    Try just manually moving the images over.

As for BBM, when you log into BBM (BlackBerry World) on the new device, they should simply populate. Try that...
    05-02-13 09:12 AM
    If you have your BlackBerry ID set up on your old device, just enter it into the Q and your bbm will transfer over automatically.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:15 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. Could you tell me how to manually copy the images over? As in using USB and copying the files?

It's odd, if I try to use the BBID I was using on my OS6 device, I get a message saying the username is already in use (when using the Q10) and I can't login. So I'm using a different BBID. A little stuck!
    05-02-13 09:15 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. Could you tell me how to manually copy the images over? As in using USB and copying the files?

It's odd, if I try to use the BBID I was using on my OS6 device, I get a message saying the username is already in use (when using the Q10) and I can't login. So I'm using a different BBID. A little stuck!
    Wipe the device and start again. Make sure you press the button to login with your existing bbid. It sounds like you went to the screen to create a new one and it said that it's already in use.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:18 AM
    How long should the security wipe take? It's been going for ten minutes.
    05-02-13 09:31 AM
    How long should the security wipe take? It's been going for ten minutes.
    I think it depends on how much stuff you have loaded. Is there a progress bar? If nothing changes after 30 minutes then try connecting it to link and wiping from there. Or pull the battery and connect to link and wipe it from there. I haven't wiped a BlackBerry in years.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:34 AM
    There's no progress bar, and it isn't being recognised when plugged in via USB. Bit worried it has bricked itself
    05-02-13 09:37 AM
    Don't worry, it can be unbricked if it has. If you think it's stalled, pull the battery, open link, plug the phone in and then replace the battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:39 AM
    Ah, you're a star. BBRY ID is working as it should and my BBM list populated instantly. Going to copy over my photos manually and then use BBRY link to transfer my contacts over.

Thanks again, much appreciated
    05-02-13 09:55 AM
    Ah, you're a star. BBRY ID is working as it should and my BBM list populated instantly. Going to copy over my photos manually and then use BBRY link to transfer my contacts over.

Thanks again, much appreciated
    You're welcome. Glad it's all good now.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 10:05 AM
    Thank you very much in advance.
    05-14-13 09:17 PM
    Hello

I logged in Q10 with my current BBID

I kept getting an error from Link that Data could not be copied to the device due to the following error: - There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the transfer the media data.

I managed to get most of my stuff there though after the error message, except for BBM contacts, and Maps Favourites

I installed the new update, tried again, same problem

I wiped the device like 2 times so far, same problem

I also tried restoring from SD Card, but again, not BBM contacts or maps favourites

Any help?

Thanks,
    05-15-13 11:54 PM