I want to install 10.2 on my phone but am trying to back up with BlackBerry link first but I'm having trouble installing on my computer, I'm thinking maybe link doesn't work on this netbook I have a Asus eee PC netbook with a windows 7 based netbook OS. Does anyone know what this error means
    Getting an error trying to install link-img_00000005.jpg

Sent from HTC One and/or BlackBerry Q10
    08-23-13 04:33 PM
    I want to install 10.2 on my phone but am trying to back up with BlackBerry link first but I'm having trouble installing on my computer, I'm thinking maybe link doesn't work on this netbook I have a Asus eee PC netbook with a windows 7 based netbook OS. Does anyone know what this error mean
    It means it cannot locate the file. Go to search - files and folders and type in BlackberryLink.msi and see where it is located. Go to it and look for the .exe installation file.
    08-23-13 07:31 PM
    Thanks I appreciate the help I'm gonna try it at work tomorrow

Sent from HTC One /BlackBerry Q10
    08-23-13 08:41 PM
    Thanks I appreciate the help I'm gonna try it at work tomorrow

Let me know if you find it and what happens. It took me almost 2 months to get Link to work on my Windows 7 phone. I have a thread about it and about all the steps I tried and what finally worked. Though you are not having the same issue as me, hopefully with all I went through I can use it to help you.
    DS1331 likes this.
    08-23-13 09:01 PM
    I can't find the exe file for the blackberry link.msi files when I search. Do you think this will effect me trying to install the 10.2 leak on my phone.

08-24-13 12:22 PM
    I can't find the exe file for the blackberry link.msi files when I search. Do you think this will effect me trying to install the 10.2 leak on my phone.

No because the leak isn't installed through Link. But you wont be able to back up your phone so you will lose everything and have to start over. Can you find the .msi file? If so try clicking on it as it should install with Microsoft installer verses bb installer.

Search for BlackBerryLink.msi
    08-24-13 03:34 PM