I updated my Z10 OTA to 10.1 a few weeks ago and it's working fine. Now, a few weeks later; each time I plug my phone in using the usb cable, BB Link shows "update available" and references info from the BB site regarding the 10.1 update (This software update includes new features and improvements which enhance the BlackBerry 10 experience and keep you moving! For more details on what you will find in this software update, please visit BlackBerry 10.1 Now Available for BlackBerry Z10 Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog) which I've already loaded into my phone. Is this really a case of my carrier (AT&T) trying to install more bloatware or is there another reason? I used to always "update" with BB Link each time I was told "update available" and eventually I started having a ton of issues w/ my phone. Now that I stopped doing this (and reloaded the official 10.1 update) I haven't had any problems with the phone.
    Comments/suggestions are welcome!
    Thanks!
    09-12-13 02:32 PM
    I updated my Z10 OTA to 10.1 a few weeks ago and it's working fine. Now, a few weeks later; each time I plug my phone in using the usb cable, BB Link shows "update available" and references info from the BB site regarding the 10.1 update (This software update includes new features and improvements which enhance the BlackBerry 10 experience and keep you moving! For more details on what you will find in this software update, please visit BlackBerry 10.1 Now Available for BlackBerry Z10 Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog) which I've already loaded into my phone. Is this really a case of my carrier (AT&T) trying to install more bloatware or is there another reason? I used to always "update" with BB Link each time I was told "update available" and eventually I started having a ton of issues w/ my phone. Now that I stopped doing this (and reloaded the official 10.1 update) I haven't had any problems with the phone.
    Comments/suggestions are welcome!
    Thanks!
    I do everything over-the-air. Link tells me I have updates I've already installed all the time
    09-12-13 03:25 PM
    It's a known issue. Hopefully it will go away with BB Link 1.2
    09-13-13 12:34 PM