01-27-15 10:04 PM
30 12
tools
    I am oh so frustrated with BB Link. Once upon a time, it used to work relatively well, but the last 6 months or so ( and even now with the new update released yesterday), I cant get the stupid thing to work .
    I have BB link turned on in my phones options.. Its shows that it recognizes my PC , but when I try to connect to my computer via wifi, it just wont connect.
    I am running windows 7 pro, and the odd time, and I do mean very odd, it will actually connect via wifi, but that only happens maybe twice in a month, then nothing.
    And why is it, that in the BB Link options, when you select check for update, which is suppose to check also for any updates for the Link software, it never recognizes, that a new version is available. If it weren't for Crackberry, I would still be using the original BB link software, as it never knows when there is an update.... I am oh so not liking this software.. At least I got it to work to sync my calendar and contacts to my MS outlook, so that is one savings grace.
    07-04-14 07:59 AM
    I think it is pretty common for people with Win 7 and 8 to have troubles connecting to Link. I have an old PC so I'm running an older version of windoz.

There maybe some threads here with advice tho, so when you have a chance, please search for windows 7 and link and see if someone here can help you with the recognition problem!
    07-04-14 08:11 AM
    I use win 7 pro and am able to use link without issue I am however using version 1.2.2.13 which I think is a couple of updates back.
    Most issues have been around contacts which is apparently something to do with logos, pictures attached to contacts.
    there are as jaydee suggests several posts on Non connection, I also read that there is a wifi issue which is patched on the latest OS update.
    07-04-14 09:01 AM
    Actually my link works fine via USB for backup up to Outlook, I have no issues with that . Its when I try to access my phone via wifi, is where the issue is.. Everything looks like its connected, I go into my system properties, and under network, it shows my BB virtual network connected, as well it shows my PC is recognized in my phone Link properties, it just wont connect. But then sometimes I try it and out of the blue it will work maybe once, with me making no changes whatsoever, but then it goes back to not working anymore via wireless.
    07-04-14 09:22 AM
    I only use BlackBerry Link to make backups, no more, no less.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    07-04-14 09:25 AM
    I can't even get Link to install on the Win8 machine but my Win7 Ultimate has no issues. When I have it on, it connects via wifi remote but I don't use it that often. I just plug into my Win8 machine via usb mode and copy the sd card as backup.

Oddly enough this version installed on my Win8 machine just now.
    Last edited by blueyestm; 07-04-14 at 10:00 AM.
    07-04-14 09:35 AM
    No since updating this am it crashes continually after just a few seconds of opening it. Thought it was crashing when I connected the phone but not just open Link and it will crash.
    07-04-14 12:02 PM
    I never had any problem with link. I'm running it on Win 7 Pro 64bit.
    07-04-14 02:15 PM
    Works for me

Z10
    07-04-14 02:30 PM
    I had a problem, I've solved it but it has nothing to do with link. I would plug my phone in via USB, and it would say " cannot connect to device ". I tried reloading os and link, that wouldn't work. One day the power went out but my laptop stayed running. To my surprise the error message was gone and my BlackBerry mounted the drives! After twenty minutes the power came back on and the problem returned. So in conclusion the problem wasn't link, it was my old D-Link router interfering with the program.

Z10
    07-04-14 04:02 PM
    Open task manager on your PC and look at processes running. Anything w/ rim or BlackBerry in the name end the process. Even if Link isn't open, good chance several processes did not end when closed.

So if there are, end them. Restart PC.

Unistall Link. Then restart PC again

Reinstall Link

Open Link BUT Wait until it's open THEN plug your phone in. And watch for pop-up bubbles saying device drivers have installed. (you may get the first one saying it didn't but just wait it out)

Also watch for popup bubbles saying both x & y have mapped.

Keep waiting and it should connect.

Z30 /10.3.x.xxxx & Q10 10.3.x.xxxx
    07-04-14 04:17 PM
    No. BlackBerry Link sucks. I don't even use it for backups anymore. I just can't trust it. Too many bugs and failures when backing up and syncing.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 05:21 PM
    Link likes to crash my computer randomly. And often times when I unplug my phone.

I'm turning it into a neat magic trick.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 05:34 PM
    I have problems with the link like you too. Sometimes I just restart my computer & plug my phone in, let the computer recognise my phone then I can unplug & use it remotely.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 05:36 PM
    I have a new problem with link. It won't sync my ms outlook calendar and contacts any more. It only gives me the option to sync with Windows contacts. I don't use that but use Outlook instead.

This must be fixed soon or I will have to go with Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 04:23 PM
    I'm on unsupported Windows XP. Works very well. I do find that if I sign out of Link, I have to connect the Q10 with a USB cable before I can start using Remote File Access again (after I sign back into Link, that is).
    07-06-14 04:57 PM
    cause its horrible. Its not you .. Its the damn software. I have a Q10 (which I love) sitting like a brick unused because link stinks and I refuse to jump hurdles with link for things all other platforms do with ease. My life is too short but yeah its not you.
    07-07-14 12:47 PM
    The short answer is no.. Not even the most recent release of July 2014 works.

It will syn calendar items with Outlook 2007 but will fail when syncing contacts. It also duplicates the contacts in 2007

DTM, Outlook 2007 and my 9900 synced flawlessly but using exactly the same data structure.. Basically download the BB software, install Link and try to sync for me has been an absolute abject failure.
    07-07-14 12:53 PM
    Lol no. Mine's working right now, but will shortly fail to do anything for a dozen or so reboots, depending on the phase of the moon.

Link was obviously written by a dyslexic sloth that injects cocaine into its eyeballs for a hobby.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 02:05 AM
    I don't know for whom this BB Link is made for. I use it only for OS updates. Synchronizing any data (Documents, Music, whatever) did never work on my Windows 7 PC. Not a single time.

BTW: I must indeed take my insecure Windows PC at work for this because BB Link is a pretty proprietary software not available for Linux, so I can't use it on one of my work stations at home.
    07-08-14 02:16 AM
    was having a bit of an issue with it as well. I could not get it to link when I had usb, but ok with wifi, but of it would not backup or sync using it just showed as linked. Anyway I just hit the remove phone and then plugged it in and and it found it and all is good for now. Still don't like how limited link works, or I am missing something as I was able to sync photos with bb desktop and it would only copy new ones. Now I don't even know how to get my pictures on my computer with bb link. I may try to look again but seems like bad software to me. Maybe I have become a bad computer operator.

Ok take it back I figured out that it did sync was just putting in a different folder then I thought it should. So user error in the sync department.
    07-08-14 10:19 PM
    Link is totally unusable! Its sooooo BAD that I have NEVER actually managed to sync my media library onto my 18 month old phone... I have just over 100 songs on my Z10 that my friend bluetoothed me (no longer friends cuz ***** stole my PlayBook to buy dope), but thats nothing compared to what's on my laptop. The problem is that my lappy won't recognise my zedderz

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 03:13 PM
    Guess I'm just lucky. Seems to work flawlessly for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 03:15 PM
    It syncs okay for me but can't sign into BB ID, so no remote file access.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    08-09-14 03:30 PM
    Always worked for me on XP and Win 7 Ultimate

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    08-09-14 03:30 PM
30 12