09-19-17 10:08 PM
40 12
tools
    I have the same problem, but I no longer have the earlier installation package for BlackBerry Link 1.0. Do you have the installation package or .exe file? I figure if I can install this, then the upgrade to the latest version of BlackBerry Link will, following your instructions. I've got 110_b038_multilanguage and 123_b055_multilanguage (current version), but need an earlier version
    07-16-14 10:25 PM
    It's a screwy solution, but here it is. The problem is the BlackBerry Link.msi Windows Installer File. When you upgrade to a new version of BlackBerry Link, for some reason, it rejects the BlackBerry Link.msi file. All you need to do is extract the files from the previous downloaded BlackBerry Link package (in this case, 1.0), hunt down the BlackBerry Link.msi file, and point the installation process to that file. I prefer to send the BlackBerry Link.msi to c:\program files(x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Link. Just makes it easier to find every time. Don't know exactly why that works, but it does. This allows you to click on the newly downloaded package of BlackBerry Link and either repair or remove BlackBerry Link (remove just to be on the safe side) . In the future, if it happens again, repeat the process (save a copy of the downloaded package). That's less of a headache than a full restore any day of the week!
    I have the same problem, but I no longer have the earlier installation package for BlackBerry Link 1.0. Do you have the installation package or .exe file? I figure if I can install this, then the upgrade to the latest version of BlackBerry Link will, following your instructions. I've got 110_b038_multilanguage and 123_b055_multilanguage (current version), but need an earlier version
    07-16-14 10:29 PM
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having the exact problem the OP described. I discovered that I don't have the latest version of Link, and since I've had problems logging into my BB ID, I decided to download and install the most recent version. When I run the installer, I get the same message the OP showed, saying the previous version couldn't be removed because it couldn't find the .msi package. Like the OP, I don't have the old installer lying around.

I tried DJLatino's suggestion of using the IObit Uninstaller. It also got stuck, although it let me run the "powerful scan" to get rid of Link components, which were numerous. After that, Link no longer appeared in Control Panel as a candidate for uninstall, so I thought it was gone. I ran the new installer again and got the same result as before.

I tried running CCleaner, registry repair, which found a bunch of broken Link entries and removed them. Still no luck. BlackBerry Link is effectively gone from my Windows 7 computer. I can't run it, or even find an icon to do so or a directory for it. But I can't install the new version either.

So, I'm not sure what to try next. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    10-18-14 05:45 PM
    Update: I solved the uninstall problem using http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. This utility did what IObit Uninstaller failed to do, and I was able to install the newer version of Link (1.2.3.56). It didn't solve the BlackBerry ID sign in problem, but that's for another thread.
    tryfe and pcsabap like this.
    10-19-14 01:30 PM
    Here's a simple thing I did which worked form me. Do a system restore to the point before the installation of blackberry link and it will take out the application. Then you can install it again if you need to and it will work fine. That's my fix and 1 cent, probably worth more than that. . It will also fix the problem with BBID sign in problem which I also faced.
    Last edited by Sayid91; 10-19-14 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Update
    10-19-14 07:57 PM
    Update: I solved the uninstall problem using http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. This utility did what IObit Uninstaller failed to do, and I was able to install the newer version of Link (1.2.3.56). It didn't solve the BlackBerry ID sign in problem, but that's for another thread.
    This worked for me! Finally! Thank you!

From my beloved BlackBerry Q10
    Last edited by wpvirgin; 10-19-14 at 10:52 PM.
    10-19-14 10:15 PM
    Here's a simple thing I did which worked form me. Do a system restore to the point before the installation of blackberry link and it will take out the application. Then you can install it again if you need to and it will work fine. That's my fix and 1 cent, probably worth more than that. . It will also fix the problem with BBID sign in problem which I also faced.
    That probably would have worked too, but the MS tool did seem to get rid of all traces of Link. The BBID sign in problem seems to have a different cause, though, at least in my case. Even BlackBerry Tech Support haven't figured it out.
    10-20-14 08:31 AM
    That probably would have worked too, but the MS tool did seem to get rid of all traces of Link. The BBID sign in problem seems to have a different cause, though, at least in my case. Even BlackBerry Tech Support haven't figured it out.
    Well it worked for me. It's worth a shot cause after I did the system restore and pulled out Link, I downloaded the new version, installed and signed in properly. But before, it wouldn't let my BBID sign in. Anyway goodluck.

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1418
    ubizmo likes this.
    10-20-14 09:01 AM
    Well it worked for me. It's worth a shot cause after I did the system restore and pulled out Link, I downloaded the new version, installed and signed in properly. But before, it wouldn't let my BBID sign in. Anyway goodluck.
    The problem is, I'd have to use a restore point from over a year ago, because I first installed Link when BB10 first launched. I don't know what other issues that might cause on my aging computer. The best solution, I think, is to get a new computer to replace my decrepit laptop. If I still can't sign into BB ID after that (as I suspect will happen) I'll know the problem is at BlackBerry's end.
    10-20-14 12:28 PM
    The problem is, I'd have to use a restore point from over a year ago, because I first installed Link when BB10 first launched. I don't know what other issues that might cause on my aging computer. The best solution, I think, is to get a new computer to replace my decrepit laptop. If I still can't sign into BB ID after that (as I suspect will happen) I'll know the problem is at BlackBerry's end.
    Ahhhh I see why the hesitation. Sorry to hear about that. I can imagine how much data you'll lose if you do a system restore and wondering if that actual restore point will still exist. Anyway, best of luck, the decision is yours to make
    10-20-14 05:34 PM
    Hi, not too sure exactly what you mean. Can you write in detail what a novice like myself to do. Running Windows Vista Home Premium AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor. Any help will be appreciated.
    11-13-14 07:01 PM
    Update: I solved the uninstall problem using What happened to the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility (MSICUU2.exe)?. This utility did what IObit Uninstaller failed to do, and I was able to install the newer version of Link (1.2.3.56). It didn't solve the BlackBerry ID sign in problem, but that's for another thread.
    YES! This resolved my issue!!
    11-23-14 08:41 PM
    honestly i can't uninstall and even connected doesn't show my pics or videos so can't access anyways. whatsapp closing down bb support. im done. moving onto android samsung blackberry has been my fav for 10 yrs easily but now it's just garbage no support no nothing. trash. everyone just move on get something else bb is garbage
    04-12-16 10:22 AM
    I found I also cannot uninstall blackberry link that is not working, and thereafter reinstall latest version.
    It seems the old blackberry link is resistant to being uninstall.
    Anyone solved the problem?
    12-16-16 10:23 AM
    This is the worst, BB knows there is a problem and we have to go through this BS trying to figure out what works? I've wasted a complete day trying to trouble shoot this problem. I have two computers, the first one I can't sign into my BB ID, the second computer is able to see my BB phones but will not connect.
    09-19-17 10:08 PM
40 12