This thread was started mainly for JohnKCG but all experts are welcome. I'd appreciate the help.

When I try to install the Link & Blend package (BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe) I get an error that states "An error occurred during the installation of the software. You must restart your computer for a previous installation before you install this software."

I've completely uninstalled all BlackBerry software using the native uninstall tools & CCleaner then restarted my PC & then tried to re-install but I continue to get the same error message. Anything else is working & installing normally on the PC. Also, I do not have an Apple software (itunes, etc) installed.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem with the BlackBerry software?
    05-06-17 01:54 PM
    This thread was started mainly for JohnKCG but all experts are welcome. I'd appreciate the help.

When I try to install the Link & Blend package (BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe) I get an error that states "An error occurred during the installation of the software. You must restart your computer for a previous installation before you install this software."

I've completely uninstalled all BlackBerry software using the native uninstall tools & CCleaner then restarted my PC & then tried to re-install but I continue to get the same error message. Anything else is working & installing normally on the PC. Also, I do not have an Apple software (itunes, etc) installed.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem with the BlackBerry software?
    A previous installation huh? Just for pure curiosity, did you update from Win 7 to Win 10? I did first and Link didn't worked for me so I formatted and clean instalo win 10 with an old (but working) version of iTunes and Outlook 2010 (the Last to work with BlackBerry Link, or that was BlackBerry Desktop software?) and it works well, if you didn't update from win 7 or 8 to win 10 and got the machine running Win 10 from Day one you should organize and erase every program you don't use and clear the cache because it could be an old corrupt file blocking the install, IIRC with a desfragmetation of the Hard disk the cache is gone, waiting for your answers Mr Wayne
    05-06-17 02:41 PM
    A previous installation huh? Just for pure curiosity, did you update from Win 7 to Win 10? I did first and Link didn't worked for me so I formatted and clean instalo win 10 with an old (but working) version of iTunes and Outlook 2010 (the Last to work with BlackBerry Link, or that was BlackBerry Desktop software?) and it works well, if you didn't update from win 7 or 8 to win 10 and got the machine running Win 10 from Day one you should organize and erase every program you don't use and clear the cache because it could be an old corrupt file blocking the install, IIRC with a desfragmetation of the Hard disk the cache is gone, waiting for your answers Mr Wayne
    Also, update every program on your machine and be sure you have the latest version, Just in case the message you are receiving is from a bad update process
    05-06-17 03:05 PM
    I'm sorry not able to work on the PC at the moment but I appreciate your reply & offer of assistance, Mr. J.
    To address your comments, the PC was purchased with Win 10 on it. The error is very strange because I had previous had Link & Blend installed & working great on the same PC before the update to 10.3.3. Only after the update did Link begin to act wonky. Sometimes if would connect but most of the time it wouldn't. Blend continued to work perfectly. So then I uninstalled all of the BlackBerry software & was able to re-install the current software package. But the same issue with Link continued to happen (connecting sometimes but mostly not). So I repeated the uninstall & re-install process a few times with no trouble or error message for the install. But at some point, something broke & now it won't let me install the most current software package. It gives me the installation error message every time.
    Now here's another strange twist. I can install the software package when I plug my Z30 into my PC via USB. It installs directly from the Z30 but the package is not the most current version. I know this because after the installation & when I try to install the most current package it shows me that it wants to update Link, Blend & the Drivers. But of course when I initiate the install I then get the installation error message. That is where I'm at now with it.
    I've cleaned up the PC as much as I know how to. I've tried wiping all traces of BlackBerry from it. I've defragged & wiped caches. I've made sure it's completely updated & totally current. I'm at a total loss. The only thing I haven't tried is a fresh install of Windows. But I'm desperately trying to avoid that route. I don't want anything to go wrong with & create a whole new headache & loss of data/files.
    I'm not an expert with PCs obviously but I'm not a novice either. And I've spent many hours researching my problem & whatever could be related to it. BlackBerry support has been worthless. They blame it on non compatibility with Win 10 (which is BS because you & I know it can work just fine on Win 10).

Posted via CB10 with my awesome  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    05-06-17 03:47 PM
    I'm sorry not able to work on the PC at the moment but I appreciate your reply & offer of assistance, Mr. J.
    To address your comments, the PC was purchased with Win 10 on it. The error is very strange because I had previous had Link & Blend installed & working great on the same PC before the update to 10.3.3. Only after the update did Link begin to act wonky. Sometimes if would connect but most of the time it wouldn't. Blend continued to work perfectly. So then I uninstalled all of the BlackBerry software & was able to re-install the current software package. But the same issue with Link continued to happen (connecting sometimes but mostly not). So I repeated the uninstall & re-install process a few times with no trouble or error message for the install. But at some point, something broke & now it won't let me install the most current software package. It gives me the installation error message every time.
    Now here's another strange twist. I can install the software package when I plug my Z30 into my PC via USB. It installs directly from the Z30 but the package is not the most current version. I know this because after the installation & when I try to install the most current package it shows me that it wants to update Link, Blend & the Drivers. But of course when I initiate the install I then get the installation error message. That is where I'm at now with it.
    I've cleaned up the PC as much as I know how to. I've tried wiping all traces of BlackBerry from it. I've defragged & wiped caches. I've made sure it's completely updated & totally current. I'm at a total loss. The only thing I haven't tried is a fresh install of Windows. But I'm desperately trying to avoid that route. I don't want anything to go wrong with & create a whole new headache & loss of data/files.
    I'm not an expert with PCs obviously but I'm not a novice either. And I've spent many hours researching my problem & whatever could be related to it. BlackBerry support has been worthless. They blame it on non compatibility with Win 10 (which is BS because you & I know it can work just fine on Win 10).

Posted via CB10 with my awesome  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    Well, uninstall the microsoft visual studio (all of them, they are required for BlackBerry software to run IIRC), erase every program you do not use, hopefully it gets resolved without going the SO reinstall route, when you can have your computer try the M Visual package uninstall and reinstall
    Last edited by JohnKCG; 05-06-17 at 05:39 PM.
    05-06-17 04:58 PM
    Okay. I'll try that as soon as I can & post back here. I appreciate the suggestion.

05-07-17 01:47 AM
    Okay. I'll try that as soon as I can & post back here. I appreciate the suggestion.

All for the helping haha, I've never seen a Z30 on life, but I do own a Z10 and a Q10, and BlackBerry 10 is a beast as you say
    05-07-17 10:07 AM
    All for the helping haha, I've never seen a Z30 on life, but I do own a Z10 and a Q10, and BlackBerry 10 is a beast as you say
    I had a Q10 before my Z30. The Z30 is indeed a beast. Sound quality is superb. The only thing I'd change about it is adding more internal memory for apps since they can't be saved on the SD card & add more RAM. But we're talking about a 2014 device here. I wish a BB10 successor to the Z30. Man, I'd be all over it.

Anyway, I'm gonna try the uninstalls you suggested when I get some uninterrupted time this week. But before I do, what will be affected when I uninstall the Microsoft Visual Studios; ie Microsoft Office products, etc? And is it difficult to get the Visual Studios back if needed? (I've never messed with them before because I've never had a need to.)

05-07-17 01:14 PM
    I had a Q10 before my Z30. The Z30 is indeed a beast. Sound quality is superb. The only thing I'd change about it is adding more internal memory for apps since they can't be saved on the SD card & add more RAM. But we're talking about a 2014 device here. I wish a BB10 successor to the Z30. Man, I'd be all over it.

Anyway, I'm gonna try the uninstalls you suggested when I get some uninterrupted time this week. But before I do, what will be affected when I uninstall the Microsoft Visual Studios; ie Microsoft Office products, etc? And is it difficult to get the Visual Studios back if needed? (I've never messed with them before because I've never had a need to.)

Nothing Will be messed, that is the Last Step before contacting microsoft support live vía Chat and (hopefully not) reinstalling the OS, good luck Batsy
    05-07-17 06:34 PM
    Hey Mr Wayne, were you able to get Link working?
    05-10-17 05:51 PM
    Hey Mr Wayne, were you able to get Link working?
    Hey Mr. J. Thanks for checking back. I honestly haven't had time to work on it yet. I haven't forgotten about it though. As a matter of fact, I had a bunch of updates for Win 10 last night so I went ahead & let it update overnight. I think one was the Creators update but I'm or certain. Maybe Link & Blend will magically work after the updates without me having to do any mods.
    I'll post back here when I can get on the task & let ya know what's going on. Thanks, BlackBerry buddy!

05-11-17 11:00 AM
    Hey Mr. J. Thanks for checking back. I honestly haven't had time to work on it yet. I haven't forgotten about it though. As a matter of fact, I had a bunch of updates for Win 10 last night so I went ahead & let it update overnight. I think one was the Creators update but I'm or certain. Maybe Link & Blend will magically work after the updates without me having to do any mods.
    I'll post back here when I can get on the task & let ya know what's going on. Thanks, BlackBerry buddy!

All Ok Batsy, lets wait until you are done in Arkhan, until then enjoy your Wayne partier life
    05-11-17 08:56 PM