So I'm trying to back up my phone before I update to the most recent OS (it's a Q10). I'm in Blackberry Link, and for the life of me can't find the "backup" button. The Help section seems to say I just have to hit the settings button and on left side of the screen there should be an obvious "backup/restore" set of icons. But here is what I see...

Can't backup my Q10 using Link-capture.jpg

So I'm feeling kind of dumb at the moment, where am I supposed to look!?
    07-31-13 08:55 AM
    helps if your device is plugged in
    07-31-13 11:45 AM
    If it were me I would visit the BlackBerry web site access "support" then Online Demos then choose device (Q10) then run through the demo which ends in how to connect etc to link hope this is helpful.
    08-02-13 05:42 AM
    So I'm trying to back up my phone before I update to the most recent OS (it's a Q10). I'm in Blackberry Link, and for the life of me can't find the "backup" button. The Help section seems to say I just have to hit the settings button and on left side of the screen there should be an obvious "backup/restore" set of icons. But here is what I see...

same here, my phone is plugged in and dose not show up in link....settings is turned on... cable is ok.... my Z10 works fine with link....
    please help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	187781

So I'm feeling kind of dumb at the moment, where am I supposed to look!?
    08-04-13 03:56 PM
    Wow, glad I'm not the only one. No backup button available. When I click the up arrow next to the device name at the bottom of the screen, the Back Up option is grayed out.

What gives?
    08-27-13 02:36 PM
    I figured it out. I could kick myself but it's a little confusing nonetheless.

I hadn't actually setup Blackberry. When I clicked on the down arrow at bottom of screen, it showed my device name and I assumed it was already "setup" because I could see the device name. I had to click on Add Device and then it walked me through several screens and saw the backup option at the end.
    08-27-13 04:36 PM
    I also have a grayed out "Back Up Now" button in Link. My Q10 is physically plugged into my laptop using the USB, and I have "attached" it to Link. I know that because when I click the arrow beside the name of my Q10 at the bottom of Link, it has "Remove Device" in the menu that appears.

Any other reasons? Should I just uninstall and reinstall Link altogether?
    08-28-13 02:05 PM
    Recalling my last post--again! Just plugged in the device this evening to back it up and now experiencing what pbrownpbrown just said after me. WTH??? It's plugged in & everything.

When I unplug and plug it back in, I can see the circle icon spinning. But then it displays a yellow exclamation point, but no actual message. If I click the up arrow, the only option I see is to "Remove Device".

This process really shouldn't be this darn difficult.
    09-04-13 02:35 AM
    So I force-closed Blackberry Link through the Windows task manager, and started it again. When I plugged in the phone it finally did something different. I saw more options available from the up arrow at bottom of screen, but then it said "Back up did not complete - No device data you selected are ready to backup."
    09-04-13 02:40 AM