I just wonder, how could somebody gradually degrade a product instead of upgrading and two versions later (after 1.2.1.31) they keep ignoring things?
    My main problem is the auto backup schedule
    and the difficulty with my Z10 (inability with my Q5) to sync to MS Outlook.

Just a thought.

(and some links)

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ack-up-884735/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ilable-904804/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...around-902226/

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=907234
    Last edited by akavbb; 02-23-14 at 11:24 PM.
    Bleeddragon likes this.
    02-23-14 01:03 PM
    yes you are right. I despair almost since I have installed the version 10.2.1.2102. Synchronize with MS Outlook is only a matter of luck and before everything went smoothly. Blackberry help us.
    02-23-14 02:58 PM
    I ran fine for three months and now neither 1.2.2.x or 1.2.3.x syncs.

Have started having Blue Screens et al.

When it does get through the process, it doesn't update Calendar or Contacts?

SIGH!
    02-27-14 11:39 AM
    I ran fine for three months and now neither 1.2.2.x or 1.2.3.x syncs.

Have started having Blue Screens et al.

When it does get through the process, it doesn't update Calendar or Contacts?

SIGH!
    Revert to two versions back BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    02-27-14 11:13 PM
    I'm sorry that you are all having issues, but I don't always think it is a link problem, my system up till the latest version has worked well. It is known that other software can influence "other" software, so the question is if the operating system (mine is windows 7) is working at a base level would link work. Often these issues can be caused by the OS that link and many other programs have to live within, it doesn't take much.
    02-28-14 09:36 AM
    Yes but why are the problems solved when installing 1.2.1.31?
    03-01-14 01:24 PM
    Yes but why are the problems solved when installing 1.2.1.31?
    I'm not sure why that would be, I'm running 1.2.2.13 without problems, it runs well. All I can say is that I keep my system stripped back as much as possible, I always save the new programs so that I can go back to a previous copy if there are any glitches etc.
    I was running another program which did a similar thing to link, it wouldn't allow link to run, I had to uninstall the program but it still didn't allow link to run so I manually removed all relevant keys from the registry and then link worked after a reinstall, my only explanation was that the program had altered the link program in some way.
    Thankfully my experience has been reasonable. Maybe a different version isn't affected in the same way because of the environment it has to run in. But I agree this must be really frustrating.
    03-01-14 06:17 PM
    It is not something to die for, but BlackBerry has to fix it.

03-02-14 06:38 AM
    It is not something to die for, but BlackBerry has to fix it.

Blackberry is working on it per this troubleshooting link but no timeframe is given.. Hope its soon as it's a deal buster for me personally. KB35456-BlackBerry Link fails to sync contacts to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone with error "Failed to commit changes to device."
    03-06-14 12:39 PM
    Moved thread: This thread is for all of us (and there is a lot) that cannot sync their devices with Outlook 2007/2010/2013 anymore!
    All was working fine until a couple of weeks ago, then it just quit working. BBLink no longer syncs contacts and calendar entries and gives a message that says "Failure to commit changes to device"! It started with the new Link download (actually happened once on previous version which is why I downloaded the newest last week) and after deleting that version and loading on the older 1.2.2.13 version, I am able to sync ONLY calendar entries! Not Contacts!!!!!
    That said, herein lies the problem that some of you may not have thought of. If you can't sync the contacts and calendar, you can no longer load a new OS--leaked or official--as you will not be able to re-sync the contacts to your device! No more upgrades on OS's unless BB fixes BBLink to work with Outlook.
    Its a real shame for those of us that can't use a cloud system due to the nature of our work. So--anyone that has any sources at BB, this is the time to use them. It's a known problem by BB but not being fixed.
    If anyone has any new ideas please share them here. There are a lot of us that are in this situation and need help. Thank you!
    03-11-14 04:50 PM
    I'm not sure why that would be, I'm running 1.2.2.13 without problems, it runs well. All I can say is that I keep my system stripped back as much as possible, I always save the new programs so that I can go back to a previous copy if there are any glitches etc.
    I was running another program which did a similar thing to link, it wouldn't allow link to run, I had to uninstall the program but it still didn't allow link to run so I manually removed all relevant keys from the registry and then link worked after a reinstall, my only explanation was that the program had altered the link program in some way.
    Thankfully my experience has been reasonable. Maybe a different version isn't affected in the same way because of the environment it has to run in. But I agree this must be really frustrating.
    Davey, got the downloads. Loaded .31 today and it was the same result. I'll keep you posted when I download the ones you sent me. Thanks!
    03-11-14 04:51 PM
    FINALLY, yesterday (2014-03-19) they released the solution, and it worked perfectly for me.
    You have to install the new Microsoft .NET framework and voil !
    (not working with Win XP)
    Enjoy it !
    KB35829-Unable to connect BlackBerry 10 smartphone to BlackBerry Link after upgrading to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1
    03-20-14 07:20 AM
    FYI... this is not required for Windows 8, just Win 7/VISTA & others per System requirements T the link.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 03:48 PM
    FINALLY, yesterday (2014-03-19) they released the solution, and it worked perfectly for me.
    You have to install the new Microsoft .NET framework and voil !
    (not working with Win XP)
    Enjoy it !
    KB35829-Unable to connect BlackBerry 10 smartphone to BlackBerry Link after upgrading to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1
    As stated in another thread, unfortunately it doesn't work for everyone. I have the most current version of MS.net framework on my PC (W7) and all the previous versions as well. Still only syncs calendar and not contacts. I ended up having to set up sync on my phone for contacts with my other non-business outlook.com account linked by Hotmail connector to my outlook 2007. Since I can't use a cloud system due to my business, I hope to only have it on there a short period of time.
    This fix has been mentioned in several threads on this and there are a lot of people it didn't work for. So once again, it's too many variables of: those who it works for; partially works for; or doesn't work at all, to figure out a bug fix. Hopefully the next release of Link will take care of it.
    03-20-14 04:45 PM
    Hopefully.

03-21-14 12:09 AM
    Interestingly, I read in a BB support page that this problem and the so called fix (above) should work, but if it doesn't (especially for XP systems) it will after March 30th per Blackberry. If I can find the page again, I'll post it.
    In the meantime, I'm syncing contacts with Outlook.com (2ndary account) and calendar with Link. What a pain!
    03-21-14 02:24 PM