02-24-16 10:02 AM
32 12
tools
    I found that for accessing BB10 drive via WIFI and BB Link some routers work and others don't. I could not get the drives to mount and media to sync using the modem-router for Bell Fibe. When I connected a Dlink DIR-655 router WIFI drive mounting worked flawlessly. When I upgraded to a Dlink DIR 820 AC1000 it worked great. That is until I upgraded the firmware to 1.01 then 1.02. Could not get the BB10 drives to mount, show up or media to sync to PC over WIFI. Also had to shut off WIFI connection on phone to get it to connect via USB cable. As soon as I downgraded back to firmware 1.00 it worked again. I don't have an explanation and could not locate any active firewalls on the router. It seems that depending on the make of router and the firmware, the proper over the air WIFI functionality of BB Link and access the BB10 phone files and drives may be compromised.
    08-07-14 02:53 PM
    Hi All,

I've read and read through the forums and other places. It's nice to get advice about how I can reconfigure my router to fix the problem of Blackberry Link dropping wireless connection to phones seemingly at random, so thanks to all for the advice.

But I just gotta say...... Blackberry Link's continual dropping of wireless connection to the phone (after all this time) is just way under par. I've got zero issues with game consoles, NAS devices, Software services running on servers, etc. It all works.....except for Blackberry Link's ability to keep a connection open to the phone for file access. (sigh)

Love Blackberry, just don't like an awesome feature to be hampered as if it's not ready for prime time yet, specifically after all this time.

Just venting at a low level. Just wishing for it to work. That's all. Thanks for listening.
    12-29-14 05:12 PM
    This BB Link is quite a piece of work. Install and reinstall several times on my Mac Air. 1st time is always successful and connects Passport and Mac Air via Wifi. Then later on even with USB is also hit and miss. Fed up with the software, the only purpose I still keep it because some day maybe I need to use it to backup, upgrade, restore. Of course I see the chance is also very low with the stability of Link. Hmmm... it is always a problem of software than hardware for BB.
    03-10-15 10:29 AM
    Usually Wi-Fi Link doesn't work on its own, it only gets detected when I start Blend.
    03-10-15 11:45 AM
    Link use to find my BB but no matter what I do, it no longer does so on Wifi. I'm forced to use a usb cable.
    05-06-15 09:44 PM
    I had the same problem i.e. BBZ10 was not connecting to BB link on my computer via wifi. I did the following and it worked for me:
    1. Connected computer and Z10 both to the same wifi network
    2. Connected Z10 to a power source
    3. Shared (Music, Pictures, Videos) in Z10 settings>Media sharing. May be it is irrelevent but I did.
    4. Restarted both together (computer and Z10)

When I ran BB link on my computer after restart, it displayed me the good news that "your blackberry device is now connected". Now I am able to view BBZ10 as a drive in MY COMPUTER as well as it is syncing data to BB link.

I hope it will help somebody.
    I've found this works but requires me to restart every single time my phone goes out of range of my wifi router - which would be a problem for most but when I work I tend to have multiple windows open on my pc and if i had to restart every time it would cost me time which sort of defeats the purpose! Link had been a thorn in my side for as long as it's existed - the most buggy piece of software ever developed. If it wasn't for the back-up feature I'd never ever use that garbage. So I use the hard wire connection (not to be confused with the portable USB device connection).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the reason why so many people jump ship is because they create, they develop then the move on to the next shiny new device with zero support for anything before it. Any support query is met with "factory reset your device, reinstall your software, start from ground zero...How is this moving forward?
    02-24-16 09:59 AM
    The only way I can get BB Link to recognize my Q10 over wifi is to reboot. If I lose connectivity say by walking away from my wifi network then BB Link will not allow me to reconnect my Q10. Rebooting is not an option to fix this. I figure this has something to do with Blackberry Device Manager which if I could figure out a way to stop and restart the service might allow me to rediscover my Q10 without having to reboot. Anyone else experiencing the same issue and if so, do you know how best to stop and restart the Device Manager service (Exit is greyed out when right clicking on the icon in the task bar).
    This is exactly what happens to me and my Q10! I works but only after a reboot of both handset and pc, not exactly the fastest way to work.
    02-24-16 10:02 AM
32 12