Help. I have a new Mac. I downloaded the latest version of BBLink to back up my BB Classic op system 10 but the BBLink wants a program called iPhotos which Apple phased out a few years ago. The replacement for it is called Photos and Link won't talk to it or anything else on my Mac. Am I gonna have to email myself 100+ pics and download them to keep them on my Mac? Does this mean that if you have a newer Mac you cannot properly backup your device now?! Help! THANKS
    06-27-16 10:24 PM
    Download the Dropbox app for your Classic and on your Mac. You can sync your photos though Dropbox.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    06-27-16 10:59 PM
    Dropbox will work as Denise said.

Another way to do it is to use your BlackBerry File Manager or Blend to copy your pics on the BlackBerry device then paste them into a temporary directory you've set up on your Mac Desktop, say, BlackBerry-Pics. This can be done via wifi or USB. Then drag the Mac directory onto the Photos app icon in the Dock, and they'll load into Photos. You can then put the temporary directory into Trash. The pictures should still be in Photos.

It's a real pain that BlackBerry hasn't updated Link to recognize Photos, but then, I think they're finished with Link and OS10 now.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 11:48 PM
    Is it to locate the photos on your Mac to attach ?

Have you tried to enable "My Photo Stream" in iCloud Photos preferences? To make it more compatible with other apps?

Not going to start a big debate here, but .. Apple Photo Library suk big time if you use non-Apple products. Hiding photos inside a single file library might be good to lock users in a specific eco system, .. Adobe Lightroom does similar...

I have been forced to manually extract photos from Photo Library from time to time, to a folder structure instead - and sync with other Cloud services as others has suggested. Dropbox being a good alternative

Keep in mind- IF you use iPhone 6s, and use Live Photos, ONLY Apple's own Photo Library will preserve the "live" experience.. As soon as exported out of Apple's eco-system, "Live" is lost...
    06-28-16 02:56 AM