Hi,

I've become fed up with the inability of BB Link to do what is says - it's clearly not fit for purpose.

On each occasion below when I say "I've connected my Z10" it is done using the USB cable.

I have Link installed on a Windows 7 PC and when I connect my Z10 to it, it synchronises the Outlook related files - no problem with that part of it.

However it wont carry out a back up when connected and I tell it to back up the device. Sometimes it wont start the back up and on other almost random times is starts it and gets to more then the 75% stage and the reports the back up failed. On some occasions it reports the back up failed and to check the device and connection - this can happen within 10 seconds of starting the back up.

When the BB Link window is open it also shows "Software Updates Available" and I've tried installing these updates on numerous occassions with the Z10 connected and also when not connected. The Wizard reports that the software has been updated although the same "Software Updates Available" message continues to show.

My Z10 is on 12.2.0.424 and the latest Link Update installed was 1.2.1.31

Is there something I'm getting wrong here or has BB failed to get it right on something so basic and for so long?

What other software can I use to back up the Z10, with the ability to re-install it again if needed?

Unless BB get their act together, it'll make the decision to switch phone provided when my contract runs out.

Thanks in advance of any help you can provide.
    12-30-13 07:23 AM
    Since you are ready to leave BB because of this, I am assuming you have done some extensive searching here on CB?
    Also you have deleted Link, cleared the cache, restarted your computer and then installed again?
    Which OS are you using on your phone?
    12-30-13 07:56 AM
    Hi Jaydee

Its been about 4 months since I uninstalled Link, rebooted the PC and then re-installed it again. Clearing the cache isn't something I done and I would have thought the reboot would have cleared it.

The phone is a Z10 STL100-2 on 10.2.0.424
    12-30-13 09:03 AM
    Oh my I have had so many problems with Link also. I don't have time to read through all the forum comments and tricks to make the thing work. It should just work with minimal trouble. I also had trouble with the BB desktop software also. Every time I'd sync contacts and calendar something would go wrong. I'm having similar frustrations with Link. I've had my Z10 now for one week I I'm beginning to regret it. I like the BB but it gives me so much trouble. Why must one have to spend hours on the forum in order to figure out how to get this phone to work properly. This is my 5th BB phone over the past 7 years. Still giving me trouble after all this time.
    12-30-13 09:06 AM
    Acepencil

I'm with you on this - I don't expect to by a Mercedes and then spend far too much time trying to get it to work properly.

Other phone manufacturer's get it right, including their software.
    12-30-13 09:11 AM
    link is junk & needs to be fixed...
    12-30-13 09:30 AM