new laptop .. unistalled from old laptop and made sure it is not installed on any other pc.
    doesnt like to connect to my z30 and when it does it says unable to save name in the "Recent activity" area lower left.

would like to solve the name thing first before i get to the bad connection issues
    06-18-16 12:47 PM
    um.... wifi? its the wifi connection to bb link that sporadic
    I get the save name issue from time to time but it doesn't seem to have any effect that I notice. you may want to reboot your device, which should be done at least weekly anyway!

As far a the bad connection issue..... when's the last time you cleaned... I mean REALLY cleaned your device?
    Dust and other elements build up in the devices ports and can cause a bad connection. And, of course, it may be your cable.
    I use a can of condensed air to (gently) clean out the ports. A solution of 1/2 water and 1/2 white vinegar (in a spray bottle) is safe and perfect for cleaning the entire device.For what i paid for my Passport, you can be sure I clean my device every single day.

Sometimes, it's the little things that you don't think of that cause the most problems.
    I may be way off, where your issue is concerned but no doubt you'll hear from others.
    06-18-16 06:07 PM
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    06-20-16 10:32 AM

Well, I missed the part where you indicated it was a wi-fi problem. in fact, you didn't mention it in your first post!
    I'll let the mod, who was kind enough to dismiss my attempt to help you... answer your question himself!

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. At least I tried!

Hang in there. Someone will come along and help you solve your issue!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 06-21-16 at 11:02 PM.
    06-21-16 11:51 AM
    Well, since it's been three days and no one has tried to help (no doubt because they might answer wrong and get put down for it.....)

If you have a wi-fi problem, it would have to be caused by your Router, Yes? NO?

And I'm just guessing but the name issue may be caused by the bad connection!
    Probably not!

If you consider all the people I've helped through the years with the correct suggestions, I'm OK with the few times I didn't seem to know what i was talking about.

Again, sorry about that.
    Usually the members are very helpful so don't get discouraged !
    06-21-16 10:53 PM

BlackBerry Link sporadically connects to Z30 and when it does its says unable to save name?-best.jpg

I get the save name issue from time to time but it doesn't seem to have any effect that I notice. you may want to reboot your device, which should be done at least weekly anyway!

As far a the bad connection issue..... when's the last time you cleaned... I mean REALLY cleaned your device?
    Dust and other elements build up in the devices ports and can cause a bad connection. And, of course, it may be your cable.
    I use a can of condensed air to (gently) clean out the ports. A solution of 1/2 water and 1/2 white vinegar (in a spray bottle) is safe and perfect for cleaning the entire device.For what i paid for my Passport, you can be sure I clean my device every single day.

Sometimes, it's the little things that you don't think of that cause the most problems.
    I may be way off, where your issue is concerned but no doubt you'll hear from others.
    06-21-16 11:40 PM
    I doubt its wifi issue as the phone stays connected well enough to the internet when im home. And the Router was replaced recently and no change was noticed in this behavior. Personally I think its an issue with the Blackberry server as i have 3 devices show up when i first log on to the blackberry link and set it up. I delete the unused devices but it makes me wonder why they are still linked to the account and why there is no way to remove them permanently from the server. Also last year It was installed on a windows 7 laptop and i had way less issues then. It mostly worked like 99 percent of the time. (walk in the house and a few seconds later it would connect.) now im lucky if i can get it to connect.
    06-22-16 11:17 AM