Today I almost was very nearly not able to reload my os to 10.1 from 10.2.

I was at work on my lunch break and came across an issue with the 10.2 leak which has kindly been pointed out to me and I got the issue resolved and now I'm in the process of restoring my device data after reloading 10.2 back on.....

but more to the point today while I was on my lunch break i was fumbling arround in my ruck sack for my Vodafone dongle... no where to be seen. so what happens....

when you launch Link with out your phone connected via usb, you get the option to reload your device software. You press the reload button and plug in your Blackberry 10 phone it then start checking or saying checking for updates..... and the phone goes off with a Green LED. with no other means of internet access my BlackBerry Z10 is set as a mobile hotspot... but before the checking for updates is finished the phone is rebooted and you are right... No updates were found and in my case 10.2 os is reloaded back on instead of os 10.1.

I think the process should be... Press reload button..... connect phone..... check for updates...... Download update...... Reboot phone....install downloaded os... therefore... if your only means of internet access is your BlackBerry 10 device then you should beable to set it up as a mobile hotspot to check for and download the os software prior to the phone being rebooted and reloaded with the os.

Fortunately after fumbling about for longer I eventually found my Vodafone dongle but I plan canceling the contract on that as I have upgraded my Z10's contract to unlimted calls texts, and eurozone (3/day to use my phone in europe on days that I use it at my local uk rate) and 4GB of data per month for 32/month. The dongle is costing me 25/month so I can no longer afford it so I'm scuppered next month If I have to reload my os at work with no other internet access

having said all that shouldn't 10.2 (official) be releast next month (September)
    08-27-13 07:13 PM
    Today I almost was very nearly not able to reload my os to 10.1 from 10.2.

I was at work on my lunch break and came across an issue with the 10.2 leak which has kindly been pointed out to me and I got the issue resolved and now I'm in the process of restoring my device data after reloading 10.2 back on.....

but more to the point today while I was on my lunch break i was fumbling arround in my ruck sack for my Vodafone dongle... no where to be seen. so what happens....

when you launch Link with out your phone connected via usb, you get the option to reload your device software. You press the reload button and plug in your Blackberry 10 phone it then start checking or saying checking for updates..... and the phone goes off with a Green LED. with no other means of internet access my BlackBerry Z10 is set as a mobile hotspot... but before the checking for updates is finished the phone is rebooted and you are right... No updates were found and in my case 10.2 os is reloaded back on instead of os 10.1.

I think the process should be... Press reload button..... connect phone..... check for updates...... Download update...... Reboot phone....install downloaded os... therefore... if your only means of internet access is your BlackBerry 10 device then you should beable to set it up as a mobile hotspot to check for and download the os software prior to the phone being rebooted and reloaded with the os.

Fortunately after fumbling about for longer I eventually found my Vodafone dongle but I plan canceling the contract on that as I have upgraded my Z10's contract to unlimted calls texts, and eurozone (3/day to use my phone in europe on days that I use it at my local uk rate) and 4GB of data per month for 32/month. The dongle is costing me 25/month so I can no longer afford it so I'm scuppered next month If I have to reload my os at work with no other internet access

having said all that shouldn't 10.2 (official) be releast next month (September)
    you described that whole process so vividly that I could actually see you in my mind's eye fumbling around looking for your stuff in your rucksack.

Anyway....at this point there is only speculation of when 10.2 will be released officially. And what version.

I'm sitting on .1047, so far it's working well for me.
    08-28-13 06:37 AM
    you described that whole process so vividly that I could actually see you in my mind's eye fumbling around looking for your stuff in your rucksack.

Anyway....at this point there is only speculation of when 10.2 will be released officially. And what version.

I'm sitting on .1047, so far it's working well for me.
    Same It seems to be working better after installing BBM Channels. My problem was BBM wasn't working but installing BBM Channels fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 07:03 PM