06-08-18 11:45 PM
46 12
tools
    It looks like DBBT stands for Darcy's BlackBerry Tools. Can anyone vouch for this app? Like everyone else, I can no longer back up my Blackberry Classic.
    02-27-17 05:12 PM
    ok. big problem just discovered that I cannot back up my passport using link. What is DBBT? How can I back up my device? What a pain.
    04-04-17 01:18 PM
    Today i received an response from BB regarding BBLink and Win10. Conclusion "Windows 10 is not supported by BlackBerry Link"

Whole text is in a thread, which waits for approval.
    04-12-17 01:08 PM
    not using Link/Blend anymore, not even for backups, which do not work with OS-10.3.3 very successful anyway, rather using DBBT for that task, much faster and robust.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    Thanks so much for referencing DBBT. After a dozen tries I had managed to get Link to make a single full backup, but further testing indicated there was no way I was going to be able to reliably restore after a reload of the OS on my Z10. DBBT not only connected to my device flawlessly, unlike Link, but perfectly restored the bbb file produced by Link. The sideloading feature which doesn't require the device to be in DevMode is great too. DBBT rocks.
    04-27-17 09:28 AM
    05-18-17 05:34 AM
    no need to swipe or anything.the fix was very easy. all I did was goto settings and then storage and access.then goto access using usb. then activate manual ip.and poof it started to back up. I have the latest bb10 0s 10.3.3.i had the same issue.i could connect but back up failed. but that made it work.hope for works for you.
    05-22-17 04:15 PM
    no need to swipe or anything.the fix was very easy. all I did was goto settings and then storage and access.then goto access using usb. then activate manual ip.and poof it started to back up. I have the latest bb10 0s 10.3.3.i had the same issue.i could connect but back up failed. but that made it work.hope for works for you
    05-22-17 04:16 PM
    Hi Guys, I just signed up to this forums because a comment finally got things working for me. I was able to get my back to run after trying on multiple computers and reinstalling link many times. For my problem, the solution came easily enough by right clicking on the Blackberry Link icon and selecting "Run as Administrator". This got my backups to run on Windows 10. No apps had to be removed, no changes had to be made. I had no devices with exclamation marks in device manager. It just worked. Hope that helps someone else who happens across this.
    09-19-17 10:05 AM
    This worked for me too!!!!! Also tried many other ways !! Backup finally ran successfully. Prior t this it would sync, but not backup. Would analyze files then say there was a connection error.
    10-15-17 04:26 PM
    This worked for me too!!!!! Also tried many other ways !! Backup finally ran successfully. Prior t this it would sync, but not backup. Would analyze files then say there was a connection error.
    How do you run as an admin?
    10-25-17 09:18 AM
    How do you run as an admin?
    As the previous post stated, right-click on the BB Link icon and click "run as administrator".

This doesn't work for me either, though. I even tried DBBT and it says "nothing to backup" even though it shows as connected.
    10-27-17 10:11 AM
    As the previous post stated, right-click on the BB Link icon and click "run as administrator".

This doesn't work for me either, though. I even tried DBBT and it says "nothing to backup" even though it shows as connected.
    Didn't work for me either. I tried ultimate backup but I don't know if it worked correctly since dropbox doesn't work. I really need a way to backup my phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-17 05:08 PM
    Thanks, seems that the Run as Administrator BB Link is the way to correct the issue since the Win 10 Fall Update. Well at least it's doing the backup now, hopefully to the end.
    12-02-17 10:42 PM
    Running Link on Windows 10 (updated) and I got the BU/Connection phenomenom too. I (everybody) need to be able to backup his Blackberry. Especially in case of installing apps (the ones you're not sure of). I have a Passport on 10.3.3.x.
    I solved it this way and it did work. On windows printers have often sme issue: Leftovers in the registry.
    I uninstalled all BB programs. Some have to be killed with task manager first (Ctrl/shift/Esc). Next action: look for left overs in registry and in your filesystem. I used Revo (Pro). Just look for Blackberry then Link and last Blend (sequence doesn't matter). Remove all entries in registry and disk. Note: Do this with great care and double check if you checked the right entries in the list before uoy delete it. Especially if you search for link....
    After you deleted everything that refers to Blackberry in the registry and disk, I downloaded BB software installer (BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59 ) and installed Link and Blend.

I ran Link and was happy to see that it connected to Passport and made a successfull BU.

Sync media does not work because the sync relationships are reset.
    02-19-18 06:35 AM
    Had this issue too, multiple times. Tried using two different cables on and off and tried to get it to work for hours. Finally "Restore" worked. Don't know why. It's time to go from my Z30 to the Motion....
    03-05-18 02:02 PM
    Hi all, I succeeded to backup and restore my Passports (a white and a silver) correctly but the solution won't let you fly so high. After months, and nearby two years, after 4 PCs, many Windows 7-8-10-2008-2012, I Installed a WinXP-32bits on my VMware ESXi 6.0 wich handles others machines, installed vmtools, add an USB controller in XP machine's settings, disabled firewall and guess what? Worked ALL THE TIME!

I know it does not support blend, but having a complete backup with all tons of settings of many apps is more important. I would have something like iCloud available to BlackBerry, but I don't believe we will see this one day, especially since it's now with android but I didn't like the interface, badly optimized like a regular android, so I'll keep buying old BB10 on ebay.

Good luck for those braves that will mount a so big setup to achieve the goal!
    05-19-18 09:54 AM
    I've just started having this problem. The backup starts and near the end it says backup wasn't able to complete, check connections and try again.

The baffling thing is, nothing has changed with my home setup (Win 7 x64) and backing up my Passport (and earlier BB10's) has been working properly for years.

I tried changing the storage/usb/ip setting as suggested early and it didn't make any difference.

One thing I did notice... when the backup was working properly a temporary file was created in the backup directory. That temporary file isn't appearing now, it's almost like the drive is write protected and backup is unable to create the temporary file.

I'm running another backup now, the only difference I started Link in Admin mode. I've never had to run Link in Admin before. Hope it works.
    06-08-18 08:45 PM
    The temp file was created and it looked like it was going to work this time.

Just as it was about to finish the "Backup did not complete. Verify that your device is turned on and connected to BlackBerry Link, and try again." message appeared.

The phone acts weird after the backup fails as well. If I try to select anything from the pulldown menu (like settings) all I get is a blank screen. If I select "Pictures" I just get a blank screen (home screen page). The only way to fix this problem is to restart my phone.

Also just noticed that after the backup fails, my phone is no longer listed with a drive letter under "my computer". So it really is no longer connected to my computer (just like the error message says).

Weird stuff....
    06-08-18 09:09 PM
    Oh oh.

Now my Passport won't start properly. The blue circle appears and finishes, but "finalizing device setup" remains on the screen. A few minutes later the phone reboots itself and gets stuck at the same place.

Crap!
    06-08-18 09:28 PM
    So... to stop the endless reboot cycle you have to connect your phone to a computer, start up BlackBerry Link and restart the phone.

A "Reload" option appears, selecting it will restore the phone to factory settings. Hopefully you have a recent backup to restore from after the factory reset is finished.

I've done the "reload" and a restore is currently running from a backup I made about a month ago (I should make backups more often).

So far it appears to be working. Restore is now at 21%...
    Last edited by RobC450; 06-08-18 at 10:39 PM.
    06-08-18 10:27 PM
    Success!! Now to get some sleep.

I noticed my UPS kicked (momentarily) in during my first backup attempt. Maybe the UPS kicking in caused a slight power fluctuation which was enough to scramble my Passport OS (which was connected via USB to my computer at the time).
    06-08-18 11:45 PM
46 12