12-06-16 03:11 AM
33 12
tools
    Blackberry have now acknowledged the problem

?BlackBerry Link has stopped working? after updating to iTunes 12.5

It's not a fix though if, like me, you only use Link to sync your iTunes library to your phone!
    10-05-16 02:16 AM
    They may have acknowledged it, but they have NOT fixed it. Link and Blend are still dead. Programs won’t re-install. Still no solution.
    10-05-16 10:51 AM
    We have a solution!

Thanks to @John_Clark on "BlackBerry Support Community Forums" informing us about it, many have confirmed that the following link shows you a working solution. The link:

?BlackBerry Link has stopped working? after updating to iTunes 12.5

The FIX is for the iTunes file mentioned in the link and NOT for any part of the ill-fated Windows Update(s) of September 13th, 2016 (or thereabouts) that possibly affected all Windows 10, 8 and 7 machines as well. Some say that BlackBerry is also looking into that possibility.

I have tried the above FIX on Windows 10 (OS unsupported by BB) and on Win 7 Ultimate SP1 (fully supported by BB). It works on both OS equally well as it seems.

NOTE:
    If you have been un-installing the BlackBerry Link software, attempting as we all have to resolve the issue, your BB login file might be lost. So, you should log in to your BB account before attempting any back-ups or synchronizations with whatever BB device you use. I have 3 devices (Passport, Z10 and Classic) and all of these had no issues at all, i.e. that could mean that you won't have any error messages either. What you might notice is that the re-installed BB Link software will show "No recent backups" and hence take a little longer to complete the task.
    jma43 likes this.
    10-05-16 11:08 AM
    I already put half my eggs in another basket and have an Iphone6. Godddd, it's boring! Please Blackberry, sort this out!
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    10-05-16 11:29 AM
    Blackberry knowledge base article number 000038592. No need to delete iTunes, etc. just rename a file extension. THANKS APPLE!
    10-28-16 09:27 PM
    I have an update to this. I posted something about this when this whole disaster was unfolding, about how I uninstalled Blend, Link and the BB drivers, and then was unable to reinstall anything, leaving me with no device backup capability at all. The RIM installation package under Windows 7 was crashing before installing anything. That hasnt changed as of this morning, after I updated iTunes to version 12.5.2. The Blackberry desktop software program crashed again as before.

Just to be certain, I downloaded a fresh copy of the Blackberry software install package and renamed the file. Both install packages were exactly the same size (196,257,976 bytes as shown in a DOS window). Then I checked the CRC-32s of the program I originally used to install Link and the one I just downloaded (and successfully installed on my Windows 7 computer):

BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe (Original) CRC32: 3267EEB7
    BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59-new.exe (just dld) CRC32: 221B0F1C

As you can see, the CRC-32s dont match, so the files are NOT the same. Has anyone else seen this happen, and have a Blackberry install program that matches the bad CRC-32 above?

BTW, with the freshly downloaded install package I was able to run Link and backup the device, but wont start up unless if the iTunesPrefs.xml file is renamed. Link is still partially braindead, since it wont read the synced-media, hangs on loading sync relationships for music. I dont sync any Blackberry media with iTunes, so this is a waste for anything other than device backups.

Also note that after you get Link started you can rename the iTunesPrefs.old file back to .xml. The file problem appears to only crash Link when it starts.

If you dont have a program that calculates CRC-32s (cyclic redundancy check with 33 bits) for disk files, you can get Windows Explorer to calculate it for you. For the files you want to check, highlight the file names with Windows Explorer, right-click and select Send-to, Compressed (zipped) folder. Choose a file name you can find easily. Then double-click on the zip file you just created, or click on the zip file name in the folder tree and bring up the zip file internal directory. Right-click on the column headings and select CRC-32. Now you can display CRC-32s for all files in the archive. A difference of a single bit within a single byte within a single file will cause the CRC32s to be radically different. This test is repeatable and very reliable.
    10-29-16 02:14 PM
    T na mesma, ainda sem soluo, acho que vou formatar o laptop e reinstalar tudo.
    11-29-16 06:58 PM
    BlackBerry lack of support for windows 10 is reason for installing of virtual disk with windows 7 on my PC. Shame shame shame... hope this will help me.

Sent via BB Q10 - Q10SQN100-3/10.3.3.2049
    12-06-16 03:11 AM
33 12