I have been enjoying my Z10 and i have given some thought into ways that could improve the experience for Blackberry users. I am impressed with BBM Channels and I know there are plenty of features yet to come (fingers crossed). I also was impressed with BBM Music for a short period of time. There were plenty of features they could have added but didn't, there were limitations based on the number of users and content. I think that all changes when they announced BBM going cross platforms. I think the possibilities for Blackberry to create some social and content driven access avaiable. BBM being so fluid and robust the possiblities could be endless. That brings me to Blackberry Link. Blackberry link could bridge the gap between handheld devices and desktops. If we could chat with a z10 real time from a desktop that creates a whole new dimension of communication (business and personal); lets not forget video chat. Wow that would be amazing if i could video chat with someone on my z10 to my family at home on the laptop, skype get out of the way.

i think some of these ideas could be in the works since our BBID has now been implemented into Blackberry link but who knows. We have file access now from our handheld, this could be impoved but its there. What about home monitoring? I could check on the house from work using my handheld.

The ideas are endless, we have a fairly decent media and music content provider now, what if I could access all that media from my desktop on wifi, move over pandora! F%$# off netflix. The BBID and Blackberry link could become a source for everything and the link for everything.

I know Blackberry isnt in the media game, but the media game is what makes for a large part of the consumers the differnce. Itunes and Google Play are a big part of peoples lives, and I think with the proper implementation Blackberry could reinvent it self in peoples lives. BBM music was a good try with Channels, Newsstand and Blackberry world they have all they need to move into these spaces, and do it in a way that cannot be touched by the competition.

BBM going crossplatform is a good start, but a standout option could be imposing that also with Backberry link. A big move would be to get some of that content we have in our hands now in my house and on my flatscreen , in my reciever.

Sorry for rambling.
    05-23-13 06:43 PM
    This calls for a laptop. Too good for a short reply from my PlayBook...

EDIT: Ok, let's go!

I have been enjoying my Z10 and i have given some thought into ways that could improve the experience for Blackberry users. I am impressed with BBM Channels and I know there are plenty of features yet to come (fingers crossed). I also was impressed with BBM Music for a short period of time. There were plenty of features they could have added but didn't, there were limitations based on the number of users and content.

Glad to know you're having a good time! I agree that BBM Music could have been a lot bigger than it was. I didn't get to use it being in Brasil and that sucked!

I think that all changes when they announced BBM going cross platforms. I think the possibilities for Blackberry to create some social and content driven access avaiable. BBM being so fluid and robust the possiblities could be endless.

BBM has a clear shot at being the #1 IM client. But BlackBerry has to deliver rock solid releases and update the app as fast as every 15 days with new features till iOS/Android has the same feature set a BB10. Then, only contender will be Google Hangouts with it's multi-videochat feature. All others will be eating dust.

That brings me to Blackberry Link. Blackberry link could bridge the gap between handheld devices and desktops. If we could chat with a z10 real time from a desktop that creates a whole new dimension of communication (business and personal); lets not forget video chat. Wow that would be amazing if i could video chat with someone on my z10 to my family at home on the laptop, skype get out of the way.

BlackBerry has a desktop client for BBM from what I heard, but it was for internal use only. Whith BBM going cross-platform, it only makes sense to have a public desktop client. Your take that BB Link could double and a sync station AND a desktop client for BBM is very, very interesting.

i think some of these ideas could be in the works since our BBID has now been implemented into Blackberry link but who knows. We have file access now from our handheld, this could be impoved but its there. What about home monitoring? I could check on the house from work using my handheld.

There were apps for that on the old OS and I'm sure that, BB10 being QNX, it is just a matter of time to see such solutions coming. BBID though... May be an issue. It seems to me BlackBerry is having a hard time getting multiple devices to work with BBM. I do hope they get to something like iMessage though.

The ideas are endless, we have a fairly decent media and music content provider now, what if I could access all that media from my desktop on wifi, move over pandora! F%$# off netflix. The BBID and Blackberry link could become a source for everything and the link for everything.

And you're full of them! Keep them flowing! Yes, that is a possibility, we just never know what BlackBerry will be cooking now that they are all about Mobile Computing!

I know Blackberry isnt in the media game, but the media game is what makes for a large part of the consumers the differnce. Itunes and Google Play are a big part of peoples lives, and I think with the proper implementation Blackberry could reinvent it self in peoples lives. BBM music was a good try with Channels, Newsstand and Blackberry world they have all they need to move into these spaces, and do it in a way that cannot be touched by the competition.

On that I'll have to disagree. Since the PlayBook, BlackBerry has been trying to get into the media/entertiainment game. The PlayBook had (7Digital) Music Store, (Rovi) Video Store, Zinio (magazines), Kobo (ebooks)... BlackBerry 10's BlackBerry World actually allows you to buy songs and videos directly from the store. They are on it! But as usual, they will need a bit of time to get it to 100%...

BBM going crossplatform is a good start, but a standout option could be imposing that also with Backberry link. A big move would be to get some of that content we have in our hands now in my house and on my flatscreen , in my reciever.

Again, Mobile Computing. Let's wait and see what happens!

Sorry for rambling.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-25-13 at 11:01 AM.
    05-25-13 10:35 AM