BlackBerry Link leaves much to be desired. After spending many hours trying --unsuccessfully-- to install it on my notebook PC, I was able to borrow a PC on which I was able to install it and backup my Z10. My first impressions are as follows:

1. It is slow. It seemed that it took a full minute for the backup to start.
    2. It does not allow partial backups except when performing scheduled backups.
    3. The backup progress is shown only on the device. One has to swipe-up in order to verify that the backup is actually running.
    4. It does not allow a partial migration of data from the previous device. I had to cancel it so that it would not ruin the data already present in my Z10.

I hope that BlackBerry redesigns Link to reach the level of sophistication achieved in Desktop Manager.
    03-28-13 12:13 PM
    The progress is shown on the Z10 tab at the bottom as a circle that turns blue as it completes. Hold the pointer over circle and a status bar appears. This is only my experience. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 02:03 AM