Everyone is saying there's a problem with a Windows 10 update and BlackBerry Link, but I don't have Windows 10! I also uninstalled anything Apple because of the supposed iTunes problem. Still nothing. I did the whole uninstall, restart, reinstall, restart, blah blah... I need to back up my phone and can't without BlackBerry Link! Need some help please! Thanks!
    10-06-16 11:19 PM
    It's hard to know what your issues are..... Even though you are on 8.1, it still get updates that could break LINK. Have to see if anyone else is having issues.

My thought are you might want to disable any Windows or 3rd Party Firewalls and similar Virus/Malware programs. Try other USB Cable and Ports.

There are also a few Backup programs in BBW for BB10.. that will save most of your data, but not a full system backup.
    10-07-16 09:58 AM
    Ok, lemme know. Thanks! :-)
    10-10-16 10:11 PM
    It's the latest iTunes update that stuffed it. Remove iTunes, Bonjour, in fact delete everything Apple. Restart PC, do a Google search for a previous version of iTunes and install that. Restart PC, update Link to latest version from BlackBerry website. Restart PC. That should fix it. It is crucial to delete everything iTunes and Bonjour and restart PC after each step. Took me days to work this out. Hope this helps guys.
    This fix is better than BlackBerry fix because it still allows iTunes sync

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 06:05 PM
    Also turn off auto update to iTunes and don't update it or it will break Link again.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 06:08 PM
    I previously did do a full uninstall of ANYTHING Apple, and even a full uninstall & reinstall of Link, but I will try again I guess
    10-15-16 07:45 PM
    Surprise Surprise, didn't work! Still getting this even after uninstalling everything Apple, uninstalling and reinstalling latest BlackBerry software.
    "BlackBerry Link has stopped working" error on Windows 8.1 & Q10-linkerror.jpg
    10-15-16 08:23 PM
    @BlueRoseGeek
    Did you follow the steps here?
    ?BlackBerry Link has stopped working? after updating to iTunes 12.5
    3 Steps
    1. Turn on Show hidden files and folders
    2. Navigate to C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\ (See note below)
    3. Rename the iTunesPrefs XML file file to iTunesPrefs.old

Once done start BB Link and you should be okay.

Note:
    User <userid> can be found by opening a 'cmd' prompt, (search and type 'cmd')
    You will see, for e.g. c:\users\roleli>
    In this case 'roleli; is the userid. Change to what you see on your machine.
    So you would navigate to navigate to C:\Users\roleli\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\
    10-15-16 10:35 PM
    I have no idea how that dang thing was even still there since I deleted all Apple stuff :-P But for now it works anyway. Thanks! :-)
    10-16-16 08:21 PM
    You need to install a previous version of iTunes. This is what fixed it for me

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 03:15 AM
    Unless you MUST have Apple iTunes syncing with BB Link, the official workaround from Blackberry works fine.

Otherwise, as indicated by @OzDude, you will need to install a previous version of iTunes

If having iTune playlist syncing with BB Link is NOT important to you then there is a) NO need to install an old version of iTunes and b) no new need to un-install iTunes.

Then use the official workaround from Blackberry
    Last edited by roleli; 10-17-16 at 06:52 AM.
    10-17-16 06:03 AM
    @ozDude. That might have 'worked' for you BUT the official workaround from Blackberry works fine.

I would encourage people to stick that, as it allows them to have the LATEST version of iTunes and Blackberry Link.

There is a) NO need to install an old version of iTunes and b) no new need to un-install iTunes.

Just read & follow the instructions carefully.

iTunes and BB Link will both work.

However you will not be able to access the iTunes playlist.
    Exactly!! My fix still allows syncing with iTunes. And there's nothing wrong with the previous version. For those that don't want to sync with iTunes, go right ahead and use the BlackBerry workaround. I was simply offering a fix that would still allow sync with iTunes.

Posted via CB10
    roleli likes this.
    10-17-16 06:30 AM
    My windows 10 computer Link is working right again. I dont know why? 3 Steps
    Turn on Show hidden files and folders
    Navigate to C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\ (See note below)
    Rename the iTunesPrefs XML file file to iTunesPrefs.old

Once done start BB Link and you should be okay.

took awhile to work i guess.
    10-22-16 11:57 AM
    Want to Express "Sincere Thank You" to Roleli CrackBerry Abuser for profiding the information as to resolve the Windows 10/ iTunes 12 ver and Blackberry Link.. After doing exactly as CB A recommended : by going the the following file location folder in Win10 and doing as follows:
    Navigate to C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\ (See note below)
    Rename the iTunesPrefs XML file file to iTunesPrefs.old
    Note: Remember when you open your Explorer folder or however your being able to access folders, you need to go to the View menu and place a Check mark as to Show Hidden Files and extensions. Then you will be able to find the Navigate to C:\Users\etc as shown above.
    BB Link works Fine after doing this.. However I had earlier removed the link, did the above task mentioned, installed recent BB Link, then Restarted computer, then opened BB Link, worked fine. Backed up two of my BB phones..
    Again Thanks..
    10-24-16 12:27 PM
    Hi - this fixed the problem for me. I had two preference files, one in local and roaming. Changed them both and Link is working. Thanks -
    10-31-16 05:09 AM
    I have since switched to CopyTrans and ditched iTunes. CopyTrans works fine with BlackBerry Link.
    10-31-16 01:38 PM
    i have the same issue with Windows 10
    12-22-16 05:30 AM
    It worked
    02-07-17 04:55 AM