loving my z10 right now, it's been about 3 weeks. 10.1 just made my device even better but i must say one thing about my whole blackberry10 experience that is very frustrating is my contacts. When i transferred my contacts from my old device to my new one, that's when i noticed the "Linked Profiles". which is very cool but for some reason i can't select my preference, so when i try to search through my contact list, i see all types of bbm contacts or facebook contacts. now when you have over 400 people on your contact list.. this becomes very frustrating. i shouldn't have to unlink my contacts from their bbm or facebook profile just to find them quicker through my contact list. im hoping that there's already a solution for this.. can anybody give me a tip of some sort?
    05-16-13 08:39 AM
    You have a couple of options -- built-in.

1) I think this would be your best bet. In Contacts, tap the "ALL" icon at the bottom left of the screen. This should show you your various contact lists, Select whichever one you want to view. Then, when you search, you're only searching that particular list.

2) Alternatively, in Contacts, swipe down from the top and go to Settings. There you can turn on/off whichever contact list(s) you want displayed. This will not delete them, merely hide the ones you don't want to see.

Hope this helps.
    justkonyen likes this.
    05-16-13 09:43 AM
    you think there's a way to put back the linked contacts i unlinked?
    Last edited by justkonyen; 05-16-13 at 12:30 PM.
    05-16-13 11:21 AM
    you think there's a way to put back the linked contacts i unlinked?
    Nothing automatic that I'm aware of. However, you can manually link contacts.

Have all the lists you may want to link to/from available (as above - previous post). In Contacts, open the main version of the contact. At the bottom, tap the "Links" icon. Select the other version(s) of the contact you wish to link. Tap save. Repeat as necessary. Once you have your list in order, I'd suggest doing a backup in BB Link.
    05-16-13 02:43 PM
    thx so much
    05-16-13 03:34 PM
    No problem. Enjoy your new device.
    05-16-13 03:55 PM
    Sorry but i have one more quick question.... i noticed that i don't have all my contact in my phone app as in my contact's app. Why is that and is there a way to sync them or to have them all the same.
    Last edited by justkonyen; 05-19-13 at 04:19 PM.
    05-19-13 03:49 PM
    I'm not sure how to answer that. As far as I can tell, all of mine are showing in the phone app.

Is it possible that missing contacts are ones where you don't have telephone numbers?
    05-20-13 12:47 PM
    no all the missing ones are actually contacts with numbers. but thx anyways, I'll try and call Fido and see if they can help
    05-21-13 06:34 AM
    Sorry but i have one more quick question.... i noticed that i don't have all my contact in my phone app as in my contact's app. Why is that and is there a way to sync them or to have them all the same.
    I'm having this same issue...Link associated some of my friends who have Facebook accounts with FB in "Contacts". The problem arises if you toggle off "Facebook" in Contacts so all the 500 people you're just FB friends with but don't know IRL aren't showing in your Contacts list, they won't show when you search in the Phone app. So if you've got a friend who also has a FB account, you now have to go to the Contacts app, select them, and choose "call" or "text" or whatever. They won't appear if your search in Phone because Facebook is toggled off so it won't show those 500 on-line FB friends in your Contacts list.

BRILLIANTLY STUPID way of doing things. Why the f* Link couldn't just copy my contacts from my 9930 to my Q10 without doing all that other crap is beyond me, and I'm not sure how to disassociate people from FB and/or Twitter.
    06-16-13 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD