I know some of you have came across this error, either by helping or being helped. I'm not here to annoy you guys, but to seek help. I can connect to BlackBerry Link, but at the lower left corner it shows Connection Error with a yellow triangle. I can't see my files (or the storage analysis, at Home, which is represented by a bar), but I can make a full backup. When I open BlackBerry Device Manager, it shows that the internal storage isn't mounted. I've searched for a solution but none have work out so far (both CrackBerry and BlackBerry forums). I've tried putting the phone in airplane mode, disabling Wi-Fi, rebooting phone, pulling the battery, selecting 'Connect to Windows' instead of autoconnect, deselect Mass Storage Mode, reload the software, reinstall/update BlackBerry Link, uninstall drivers, disabling antivirus and change USB ports and cables. But despite all these, I can't make the connection error go away. Any ideas to solve this? Or my Z10 is faulty?
    I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2/10.2.1.3442.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 03:21 AM
    BB Link requires to be switched ON in the device settings. At the same time you must switch OFF the use of USB on the device. Did BB Link ever work with this device?
    11-12-14 04:07 AM
    I did those, too. BlackBerry Link used to work with my device, but all of a sudden it showed me this connection error.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 04:11 AM
    And does a simple USB connection work with the same cable? Just to test the hardware. (Perhaps this could even be enough for you to transfer some files ...)
    11-12-14 04:23 AM
    Sorry I don't quite get it. What do you mean by simple USB connection? USB Mass Storage mode (access memory card)? It works, using the same cable and same USB port.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 05:01 AM
    Sorry I don't quite get it. What do you mean by simple USB connection? USB Mass Storage mode (access memory card)?
    Yes, sure.

OK, this all sounds very difficult. One of the many mysteries that BB Link offers. (That's why I try not to use it for anything serious.)

Where did you get your device software from? Did you install this on the device using this concrete BB Link? Or did you an update just over the air? In my case my BB Link was too old to execute the last update and required an update himself. The most recent version of BB Link is 1.2.3.56 (can be seen in the properties of the executable file). Maybe older versions have a problem now.
    11-12-14 06:46 AM
    The device software was downloaded OTA since I enabled automatic software download on my Z10. I also downloaded the newest version of BlackBerry Link, which is 1.2.3.56 as you mentioned, from BlackBerry's website. I came across some sites saying old version of BlackBerry Link caused this problem, but after I download the newest version of Link, the problem isn't gone. Could this be my Z10's problem? The flash memory problem maybe? I still have my warranty now, and I can get a replacement unit if required.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:31 AM
    It's more complicated. The last downloadable version is 1.2.3.55 (!). At least the file is named like this. Nevertheless one line above on the webpage they write 1.2.3.56. In my case I downloaded this mysterious 55 and then, when I started the OS update on my device, my BB Link updated himself to 56. I described this proccess in this thread: My this morning Link odyssey - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com Interesting is that you can't find out the correct version of this damned Link software except you look directly into the properties of the exe file. So maybe you need still one update.
    11-12-14 08:18 AM
    I downloaded the b055 file as you did (and I downloaded just few days ago, which is later than you did). I'm pretty sure I'm running the same Link as you do. Now I'll try downloading Blend, as I just saw some people solving this problem by installing Blend (as Blend brought newer driver updates and may update Link).

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 12:27 AM
    Downloaded BlackBerry Blend (although I'm running on 10.2.1). The installation package includes an updated BlackBerry Link (ver 1.2.4.24) and updated drivers too. However, the problem isn't solved. The connection error is still there.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:40 AM
    And what happens if you remove your device from the "known" devices in BB Link and add it again from the beginning? Just an idea.
    11-13-14 07:29 AM
    Did it, doesn't solve my problem. I went to BlackBerry Expert Centre yesterday and strangely my phone can connect to Link (on the technician's computer at least). So, it's my computer's problem I suppose, perhaps it's some registry error or some settings. Will come back when I found the error.

Running on 10.3.1.1016 and I love it.
    11-14-14 11:13 PM
    I too facing the same problem. But have not tried with other laptop. Other than that have done all the other fixes, nothing helped. Get back if you find a fix that works. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 11:34 AM
    I've had this same problem and trust me try this and let me know if you succeed. Plug your phone via usb to your computer, unplug your router, yes you head me your router. Check to see if the problem has been resolved. I looked and looked and it wasn't in any knowledge base. But it works for me.

Z10
    11-17-14 11:45 AM
    I've had this same problem and trust me try this and let me know if you succeed. Plug your phone via usb to your computer, unplug your router, yes you head me your router. Check to see if the problem has been resolved. I looked and looked and it wasn't in any knowledge base. But it works for me.

Z10
    You mean wifi router??

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:34 AM
    Yes that's right

Z10
    11-18-14 06:08 AM
    I don't have a router at my place. Anyway thanks for your reply

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 04:53 PM
    Sorry, removing router doesn't work for me. I tried manually mounting my internal storage via BlackBerry Device Manager, it shows error 0x4B3. I then Google for the error, and it's Microsoft's problem. They've offered a fix by downloading RegCure Pro, but it still doesn't solve my problem.

Running on 10.3.1.1016 and I love it.
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    11-21-14 12:15 AM